Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Elling or Edinger?

I'm rooting for Edinger. Anyone that can be successful in the windy city and then moves to a dome is a keeper. His pre-kick stance annoys the hell out of me though.

-------------------------------------
    KFFL
    Vikings | Edinger Impressive
    Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:26:32 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings PK Paul Edinger was impressive during the team's game against the New York Jets, Friday, Aug. 19. He made good on a 53-yard kick at the first half, while making several others during the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KFFL
    Vikings | Will not Keep Two Kickers
    Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:47:26 -0700

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice had a stern reply for the media when he was asked if the team might keep PKs Aaron Elling and Paul Edinger. Tice's response was: "We will not keep two kickers. Read my lips."

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Elling or Edinger?

I'm cheering for Edinger he is more of a veteran and I just don't like Elling much at all.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

As much as I hated Edinger with his gay stance and c on his helmet...I am rooting for him. It is hard to root for Elling after some heart breaking he did last year.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Elling scares me, we can't count on him. Edinger on the other hand is new to us and I kinda like him. Better of the two anyways. Then again he was a bear...better than sharper.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    As much as I hated Edinger with his *** stance and c on his helmet...I am rooting for him. It is hard to root for Elling after some heart breaking he did last year.
    sorry i guess i cant say gay, is homo alright?

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I hope Edinger wins it. I just can't trust Elling. Edinger is pretty consistant and has never missed and extra point unlike Elling.

Bowchee is offline Rookie

Elling's kickoffs are better, but I can't forget what he did (or didn't) do last year. On the other hand, with that goofy stance that Edinger has, it's no wonder he's had some problems such that Chicago cut him. I can see how it might be prone to some mental mistakes, in particular. It's kinda like me lining up 30 degrees to the left of the fairway, knowing that I'm going to spin the ball to the right. Sooner or later, I'll hit it straight like I should, and then I'm screwed.
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

UkViking is offline Rookie

Edinger was my choice,he looks a more consistent bet.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Bowchee" wrote:
    Elling's kickoffs are better, but I can't forget what he did (or didn't) do last year. On the other hand, with that goofy stance that Edinger has, it's no wonder he's had some problems such that Chicago cut him. I can see how it might be prone to some mental mistakes, in particular. It's kinda like me lining up 30 degrees to the left of the fairway, knowing that I'm going to spin the ball to the right. Sooner or later, I'll hit it straight like I should, and then I'm screwed.
    Except that then Chicago decided to go with Doug Brien who as we know is a great example of a consistent kicker. Anyways despite Edinger's stance he has been 11-17 the last three years when attempting 50 plus yard field goals. When the last kicker we could count on from that range?
    (Hint check out my name)
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Give Elling a break. He's improved a lot, particularly in the accuracy department. He's also younger and has a stronger leg than Edinger does. If the Vikes only keep one kicker, I imagine that it will be Elling due to his superior kickoff ability and (relative) youth. If he keeps doing as well as he has been doing lately, he will ensure that we don't have to worry about getting a kicker for several years. It's been way too long since the last training camp when there wasn't a position battle over the kicker spot. Edinger is getting a bit older, and, although kickers can last a long time, he only has a couple good years left.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast