Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EJ's DWI

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

EJ's DWI

I thought this was a joke from webby before . . . a lot of posts, and no one could find an article on it. VU reported that he picked up a DWI on April 10th. So this is true then? I couldn't find anything on this till now.

. . . a full report is supposed to be made public by Monday
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

EJ's DWI

Hey guys found this on http://vikings.theinsiders.com/2/252386.html

Henderson Arrested For DWI
    By Tim Yotter
    Date: Apr 16, 2004

Vikings linebacker E.J. Henderson was arrested last weekend for driving while intoxicated, officials at the Maryland State Police John F. Kennedy Barrack in Perryville, Md., confirmed Friday.

Vikings linebacker E.J. Henderson is the latest arrest in a series of alcohol-related incidents surrounding the Minnesota Vikings. Henderson was arrested for DWI on April 10 at 2:55 a.m., a sergeant with the Maryland State Police John F. Kennedy Highway Barrack told Viking Update Friday.

Henderson was arrested on Interstate 95 in Harford County. He still holds his residency in Aberdeen, Md., where he played high school football before going on to star at the University of Maryland. Henderson was locked up temporarily and later released on his own recognizance.

A full report was not readily available Friday but could become public as soon as Monday, another officer told VU Friday night.

Henderson was also arrested for drunk driving at 1:15 a.m. on Sept. 30, 2001, hours after a game against West Virginia, but charges were dismissed more than a year later after a judge ruled Henderson was denied his right to a speedy trial.

Vikings officials declined comment on the last weekend’s arrest.

Henderson was the Vikings’ second-round draft pick, 50th overall, in last year’s NFL draft. First-round draft pick Kevin Williams, ninth overall last year, was arrested in November 2003 for DWI.

Defensive end Kenny Mixon was sentenced to 30 days in jail and 60 days of home monitoring April 1 for drunk driving following a November 2003 arrest in the Twin Cities. It was Mixon’s fourth alcohol-related offense.

Henderson is expected to be the Vikings’ starting middle linebacker this year.

EJ's DWI

damn, did we jsut draft a bunch of alchoholics last year? this is just dumb...
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

EJ's DWI

I was kidding before, but I think we will need an AA moderator on the team. These DWI's are happening in our weakest positions--DE and LB. Not good.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Biggs is offline Rookie

EJ's DWI

The silver lining for you folks is that this is just a first offense of the NFL substance abuse policy which carries only a fine and no suspension. However, another one would put him in the same boat as Mixon who is facing a 4 game suspension. It seams to be a problem that Tice will have to address head on at the first mini-camp. If he doesn't, he could be looked at as soft and that is not good for the locker room morale. This will be very interesting to watch to see how the Vikings organization addresses the issue. :?
    "if you look down to tie your shoes and see nothing but peanuts and confetti...you know the parade has passed you by"

"Some bleed purple as if they were a clown...I bleed Green and Gold as in cash money"

"behold the power of cheese!"

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

EJ's DWI

Man, we just can't catch a break. I think that the Vikings should use some of their cap money to rent taxis for these guys. Come to think of it they should get me one too. lol
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

EJ's DWI

"LAVike" wrote:
    I was kidding before, but I think we will need an AA moderator on the team. These DWI's are happening in our weakest positions--DE and LB. Not good.
    Well, I'm not joking. We do need an AA advisor working with the Vikes. Seriously.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

EJ's DWI

These guys need to grow up!!!

It's in the Trib this morning!

Nice!

:angryfire: :cussing: :banghead: :bs: :angry5: :angry7:

sig courtesy of PPE

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

EJ's DWI

Whats next Moss is gowing to get one they need to get real and learn not to get so drunk just a couple would do them good I am so sick of hearing about guys who r soppose to be heallthy freaks go drinking and ssmoke come and people.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

EJ's DWI

"jmiller1" wrote:
    Whats next Moss is gowing to get one they need to get real and learn not to get so drunk just a couple would do them good I am so sick of hearing about guys who r soppose to be heallthy freaks go drinking and ssmoke come and people.
    WHAT?!?! :laughing3:

sig courtesy of PPE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast