Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re:EJ out with Broken leg

I wish EJ the best but I wouldn't have any problem with him hanging up his cleats. I mean he has done so much for us over the years, but the immense quantity of injuries and the severity of them should be considered. He has a family and more important things in his life than football. Whatever he wishes to do with his future, I support his decision 100%.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

according to nfl.com, EJ has a broken femur. My brother had a similar type of injury (he is a snow boarder) and it took him 18 months of rehab to be able to jog again.
    EJ is gonna be out for the reminder of the season and next season most likely. My brother was on crutches for 10 months. I wish Ej the best

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    I wish EJ the best but I wouldn't have any problem with him hanging up his cleats. I mean he has done so much for us over the years, but the immense quantity of injuries and the severity of them should be considered. He has a family and more important things in his life than football. Whatever he wishes to do with his future, I support his decision 100%.
    I don't think we have to go THAT far with this just yet. Hell, we don't even know the actual diagnosis. NFL.com is reporting a broken femur, and that's not typically career ending. And EJ's only been in the league for 7 years...it's not like he's really that old (29).

I think he's done for the season (Chiller states that EJ needs surgery), but he'll possibly be back next year. Let's wait and see.

Caine

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah no kidding

Relax a bit people.. Lets find out some info

T.O came back in a few weeks to play in the superbowl a few years back

We don't know the severity of this yet.. Looks nasty but he's a pro.. If it's a standard broken leg he will rehab and be back for next year

Best of luck, EJ. Get yourself right, and give her hell in rehab.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

V4L wrote:
    Yah no kidding

We don't know the severity of this yet.. Looks nasty but he's a pro.. If it's a standard broken leg he will rehab and be back for next year
    Most standard Leg breaks are the Tibia or Fibula. Broken Femurs are much more rare, and MUCH harder to come back from.

I wish him the best, and it goes without a doubt that he's done for the season, but hopefully he can make it back. Its a shame too, just as he was starting to get back to the form he was a couple years ago.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with Bleed. If it is a Tib/Fib break, then he could be back next year. Fibula break, he could be back by the playoffs/superbowl. Very rare to have a Femur break, that type is career threatening (Joe Thiesman). It looks like was hit low, below the knee. Probably a tib/fib. Lets hope for the best.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Yah no kidding

Most standard Leg breaks are the Tibia or Fibula. Broken Femurs are much more rare, and MUCH harder to come back from.

I wish him the best, and it goes without a doubt that he's done for the season, but hopefully he can make it back. Its a shame too, just as he was starting to get back to the form he was a couple years ago.

That looked pretty scary. Vikings, Cowboy or Packer, you never like to see something like this happen.

Have to agree that it looked pretty serious. The thing to hope for now is that it looked worse than it was, although I'm not counting on it.

From reading the posts, I know you guys don't like to hear it, but one has to wonder if his career is in jeopardy. Maybe he can get back in a couple of months, but then you still have to wonder what he can do.

Good luck and a speedy recovery to him.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

ConnecticutViking wrote:
    I agree with Bleed. If it is a Tib/Fib break, then he could be back next year. Fibula break, he could be back by the playoffs/superbowl. Very rare to have a Femur break, that type is career threatening (Joe Thiesman). It looks like was hit low, below the knee. Probably a tib/fib. Lets hope for the best.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Yah no kidding

Childress confirmed that it was a broken femur.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

To bad, however, all part of the game. Good teams will run another guy out there with little or no droppoff.

Anyone notice who came in when he went down. Can you all say, Jasper........

Truth be told, he even made a play or two.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast