Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re:EJ out with Broken leg

NordicNed wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    NordicNed wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    I vividly remember watching Joe Theisman's leg snap like a pencil on live TV (which they replayed several times right after it happened, blood and all) and E.J.s video is the closest thing to that I've ever seen. While Theisman's was far more gruesome, I still think there's a huge possibility this ends Henderson's career. The poor guy spent all night in intensive care. If a man that tough needed ICU, that can't be good.

It really hurts my soul to think about what he's going through, especially after last year.
    Mike, don't let the ICU throw you off to much. In EJ's case, being put in ICU was most likely for one major reason, INFECTION ! Not that he had one, but to battle the injure head on, so that he doesn't get an infection. Infections are ones worst enemy after any kind of bone break.

Almost 2 years ago, when I had my 5 disc removed and fused, first place they put my big rear end was in ICU for 4 days, then they put me on a re-hab floor and did everything in their power to keep me out of bed and up and moving around. It wasn't that I was on the verge of death, like many think ICU is for, but they wanted to make sure that I didn't even get a hint of an infection after surgery.....Infections can and are deadly !

EJ is on the right track, and I pray he walks on the field of play again in the future, but way to early to call that one now.
    Thanks for filling me in on that. I remember Greg Lloyd getting a staph infection after a bone break that ended up bringing his career to an end. That staph stuff is scary.
    Lloyd, the Steelers LB? Yup, one hell of a player there also.... Not all infections are deadly, but none should ever go not treated or in some cases, steps taken to prevent one from happening.

I was just watching that show on TV last week, the Female DR G. man, it's on the tip of my tongue now and can't think, oh yea, she's a Medical Examiner ( does autopsies ).

Well this guy just died on his couch, after being sick for 4 days, in his home.
    Long story short....

He had a tooth infection that he didn't treat, spread into his neck and then his chest cavity. Killed him dead.Even she almost gagged when she opened his rib cage, she said it was nothing but a big pile of puss.......Nasty, and he was only 46 years old.....
    Another issue with a significant break like that is a fat embolism. Essentially, marrow enters the bloodstream and acts like a clot. It typically occurs 1-3 days after the injury - which is probably another reason why he's in ICU. And the femur - being the largest bone in the body - is the most common cause of fat embolisms.

Infection risk is huge - depending upon what type of break he had and how they had to correct it.

I hope, of course, that everything goes smoothly, and that EJ recovers quickly.

Caine

Jilly is offline Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Damn, a few of you have had some bad accidents.

On a side note, were the hell is our top notch PPO Medical staff (Jargo/VikingsMD) to give us a update on this? :lol:
    Doesn't the MD in VikingsMD stand for Maryland?

Femur fracture is a major injury. If it is a midshaft fracture,it will require an intermedullary rod with internal fixation.
    In english that means a stainless steel rod placed in the center shaft of the bone with screws to anchor it on each end.
    There are worse femur fractures that can occur as well.
    But this one is most likely a midshaft type fracture.

The recovery is long and the prognosis is good.

The chance of returning to a career in the NFL is, likely, not so good.
    It does, but it still funny to call her Doc and see how many people remind me she isn't a one. B)

On a side note, thats kindof what I thought you were gonna say. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm gonna start researching MLB's coming out of the draft and FA that fit a Cover 2 Scheme.
    Who's this VikingMD person? She would probably tell you that an artery was the study of paintings.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]With E.J.ís Injury, Erinís Role Increases[/size]

Posted by mikewobschall on December 9, 2009 Ė 10:15 am

The image of Erin Henderson riding on the cart last Sunday night clutching the hands of his brother, who had just fractured his femur, is one that remains vivid in the minds of everyone associated with the Vikings.

Erin was inactive for the game, the 11th time in 12 games he hasnít suited up this season, but it was obvious that his emotions were anything but inactive as he saw his older brother, the heart and soul of the Vikings defense and a team captain, suffer a serious injury.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Jilly wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Damn, a few of you have had some bad accidents.

On a side note, were the hell is our top notch PPO Medical staff (Jargo/VikingsMD) to give us a update on this? :lol:
    Doesn't the MD in VikingsMD stand for Maryland?

Femur fracture is a major injury. If it is a midshaft fracture,it will require an intermedullary rod with internal fixation.
    In english that means a stainless steel rod placed in the center shaft of the bone with screws to anchor it on each end.
    There are worse femur fractures that can occur as well.
    But this one is most likely a midshaft type fracture.

The recovery is long and the prognosis is good.

The chance of returning to a career in the NFL is, likely, not so good.
    It does, but it still funny to call her Doc and see how many people remind me she isn't a one. B)

On a side note, thats kindof what I thought you were gonna say. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm gonna start researching MLB's coming out of the draft and FA that fit a Cover 2 Scheme.
    Who's this VikingMD person? She would probably tell you that an artery was the study of paintings.
    She is a sneaky sneaky young lady, thats who....... :P

Why did you change? To steal some of my fun or so that you wouldn't be call sir anymore?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

VikingMike wrote:
    [size=13pt]With E.J.ís Injury, Erinís Role Increases[/size]

Posted by mikewobschall on December 9, 2009 Ė 10:15 am

The image of Erin Henderson riding on the cart last Sunday night clutching the hands of his brother, who had just fractured his femur, is one that remains vivid in the minds of everyone associated with the Vikings.

Erin was inactive for the game, the 11th time in 12 games he hasnít suited up this season, but it was obvious that his emotions were anything but inactive as he saw his older brother, the heart and soul of the Vikings defense and a team captain, suffer a serious injury.
    Excellent read my friend. Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Jasper was great against the run in preseason and really laid the wood.
    But he was a step slow in pass coverage.
    He now has one of the most critical jobs in the cover two defense.
    Hope he is capable.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Vikings' Henderson leaves hospital, returns home[/size]

By DAVE CAMPBELL , Associated Press
    Last update: December 9, 2009 - 4:43 PM

Injured Minnesota Vikings linebacker E.J. Henderson is returning to Minnesota.

Henderson had surgery in Phoenix after breaking his left thigh bone in Sunday night's loss at Arizona. He had been in a hospital, but he was cleared Wednesday to come back.

"He's a man of few words, but he's in good spirits by all indications," coach Brad Childress said.

Henderson's younger brother, Erin, held his hand as he taken off the field in a cart after his leg bent in a gruesome-looking direction. He stayed with him overnight before returning to Minnesota.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress wouldn't get into specifics about any of the injuries, but quarterback Brett Favre indicated Loadholt dislocated his shoulder.
    Thats not good. Last thing we need is for our starting tackle to have a dislocated shoulder.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Erin Henderson: 'It was hard to see my brother like that'[/size]

"It was hard for me to see my brother like that," he said. "He took it very well though. Right after it happened he just kind of sat there and looked down at his leg and was like, 'Yeah, something is not right.' I think that made it a little bit easier for everybody, him not crying and doing all of these different things."

EJ's the man...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910