Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re:EJ, McKinnie and the Tell

Mike Bullock wrote:
    http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/vikings/14662

Here's my latest RF365 article.

I hope Brinkley uses this opportunity to step into stardom.
    This is a little misleading about Brinkley. Sounds like he was without injury. He redshirted a year because of an injury.

Forward thinking by the Vikings Vice President of Player Personnel, Rick Spielman, landed rookie Jasper Brinkley in last Aprilís draft, as an insurance policy for Henderson. During his time at the University of South Carolina, Brinkley started all but one game, ended with one hundred and ninety three total tackles, seven and a half sacks, twenty and a half tackles for a loss and three picks. While those numbers arenít off the charts or anything, it does illustrate this young man comes to play.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Brinkley Rehab
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szfR9vpmLBQ

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

snowinapril wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/vikings/14662

Here's my latest RF365 article.

I hope Brinkley uses this opportunity to step into stardom.
    This is a little misleading about Brinkley. Sounds like he was without injury. He redshirted a year because of an injury.

Forward thinking by the Vikings Vice President of Player Personnel, Rick Spielman, landed rookie Jasper Brinkley in last Aprilís draft, as an insurance policy for Henderson. During his time at the University of South Carolina, Brinkley started all but one game, ended with one hundred and ninety three total tackles, seven and a half sacks, twenty and a half tackles for a loss and three picks. While those numbers arenít off the charts or anything, it does illustrate this young man comes to play.
    I kindof tried to point that out as well Sno.

b. I actually like the pickup of Jasper this year. One of the few players I actually did some research on for my mock draft that wound up being a Viking.

When one looks at his production, one needs to look at the story behind his injury and how it affected his play the following year. Dude as blowed up like a baloon because he couldn't work out and get back down to playing weight. Which by the way, eventually was a knock on him and his ability to play MLB. Most thought he was to slow.
    Hard for me to really get a gauge on him based on what little I can see, but it seems like he is fast to the ball on ST's and is hitting like a ton.

Gonna be fun to watch, and I get to do it live......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:

Hard for me to really get a gauge on him based on what little I can see, but it seems like he is fast to the ball on ST's and is hitting like a ton.

Gonna be fun to watch, and I get to do it live......
    He looked like he was shot out of a cannon on his first play last week. Maybe his youth, enthusiasm and fresh legs will actually be an upgrade in some respects.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

As I said in a previous thread. In pre season he played the run very well. He was a step slow in coverage.
    We will probably see a lot of nickel if we can get a lead.

I have high hopes for Jasper. He seemed to be a potential steal at the position we drafted him.

Can't wait to see what he can do.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12