Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: EJ Improving on His Game

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "You can count me out, coaches can count me out, players can count me out," Henderson said. "But I'm not going to count myself out. And that's what really counts."

Gotta love this guy...and they will not give up on him. He's got heart, hits like a truck...and now that we've got a better supporting cast, it's going to make EJ that much better.

Love the mention of 3-4 and different looks...gotta do those kind of things to stay in the game and keep the players strong.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

yah i wanna see more looks.. kinda like the pats.. not too much like them though.. sometimes they out only 1-2 guys on the line.. its kinda scary

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

That is excellent.

If EJ is playing with a chip on his shoulder, trying to prove something to everyone he could be amazing. He has great size and athletic ability, he was a top LB prospect and if he has to compete, he'll be great.

I can't wait to see our D play together this season. Tehy all seem to get along great, and thats the most important part, playing as a unit.

and with Moss gone now, we won't feel obligated to throw to one certain reciever, and that should really cause our offense to gel.

Can anyone say Super Bowl?

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I am glad EJ is open to competition and wants to help make the team better.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think EJ's growing out of that kid stage, hes getting to be 25 or 26, after two years he's starting to relize how serious the job is and what it takes, i look foward to seeing him play, and healthy again, thats a big factor he was really messed up out there last year and still lead the team in tackles.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hope he does what he says! I think he's gonna pan out eventually!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I think EJ's growing out of that kid stage, hes getting to be 25 or 26, after two years he's starting to relize how serious the job is and what it takes, i look foward to seeing him play, and healthy again, thats a big factor he was really messed up out there last year and still lead the team in tackles.

EJ's biggest problems last year were leadership or lack there of, and preperation. That is what he needs to improve on the most. When claiborne left, he was asked what he felt our young Lb's needed to do the most, to improve, and he said study study study. EJ needs to do a ton more film work off the field, if he wants to be a good MLB in the NFL. Then he needs to learn how to translate that into being a leader of a D.

Cowart has the edge on EJ, because he has shown that he can be a leader of a D. I still see cowart as the starter for us next year and think he will suprise a lot of people by what he does for us. EJ's time may not be for another year IMO. But like everyone has said, it is nice he isn't sitting and b*tching about possibly being demoted.

I am routing for him because I am a big fan and have been since maryland. I am just looking for the same guy that played at maryland and I have yet to see even a glimpse of that guy yet.

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

I LOVE E.J. I bought his jersey last year, and my dad said what the heck did ya do that for... he has not done sh*t!!! But there is just something about him that I love... he was not a Dick Butkis award winner in college for nothing, and at times he has shown flashes of the player that he has the possibility to be! Sometimes learning from a leader, especially one that knows the defensive system like Cowart is the best medicine ever. He can't afford to be bitter... i think where he lacked being a good middle linebacker was in the leadership department, this was due to his lack of being very vocal and assertive, like a middle linebacker should be. So he will also learn all of that with all the leaders we added... And those veteran leaders are also gunna do him one better and take a lot of pressure off E.J. He got screwed over being hurt in the most important position of any defense last year... because when he screwed up, it was blown up into a huge play... but now with the great people we added all around him, when he screws up, he will have someone around to cover his A** and give him a little cushion to learn from his mistakes!!! Go E.J. study,learn, and be better for it!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12