Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    PoohBearsCubbie is offline Waterboy

Is EJ Henderson the answer?

Is EJ Henderson the answer within the middle of our defence?
    No, I think not.
    Can he fill his own shoes for the Weakside Lindbacker that he was already?
    Yes, he has even come out said in the papaer that he will have to relearn the middle.
    Does that bold well with me.
    No because we already have some leaks.
    We have no pass-rush, and we all have scene that our LB's can't cover, so I propose this. . . . .
    If Denver is willing to cut ties with Al Wilson, we should make a run for him.
    Could he be the next Brian U?
    I beleive so in the cover 2 def that we have instald.
    He is fast from sideline to sideline, and can drop into coverage against the pass.
    Can he stop the run?
    Well he is pro-bowl LB, so yes I think he can.
    What this will do as well for us is give us some heathly compition at the OLB positions and see who is better between EJ, Ben, and Chad because I fell that neither one can play the middle; but then again what do I know?
    This could be the one of the answers to the lack of off-season activity from the Vikings.
    In addition, I do feel that if we stick with our QB's the way they are and Brady Q isn't there come draft day we should try to trade up to the 3 spot and get a Calvin J.
    There I have said my peace. . . . .
    ~out

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is EJ Henderson the answer?

"PoohBearsCubbie" wrote:
    No, I think not.

Yes, he has even come out said in the papaer that he will have to relearn the middle.

We have no pass-rush, and we all have scene that our LB's can't cover, so I propose this. . . . .

He is fast from sideline to sideline, and can drop into coverage against the pass.

Can he stop the run?

What this will do as well for us is give us some heathly compition at the OLB positions and see who is better between EJ, Ben, and Chad because I fell that neither one can play the middle; but then again what do I know?
    This could be the one of the answers to the lack of off-season activity from the Vikings.
    In addition, I do feel that if we stick with our QB's the way they are and Brady Q isn't there come draft day we should try to trade up to the 3 spot and get a Calvin J.

~out
    Al Wilson was traded to the NY Giants - and then he failed a physical.
    Is that really a player the Vikings should pick up?

As to EJ, I am more than comfortable with him in the middle.
    He's a tackling machine, I think he's got the speed to cover the middle in the Cover2 and I believe he has matured from when he was tossed into the starting role in Ted Cottrell's defense two seasons ago.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

lol I'm going to have to disagree on the speed part Zeus. EJ is actually quite slow (although he plays faster). Wasn't one of the maine reasons we switched him to the outside was that he was too slow? Remember that in a Cover 2 the MLB will be dropping back a lot. There is however, no doubt EJ is physical enough. The guy can hit and tackle like a beast.

Personally I'd pick up Wilson. I didn't know he was traded and failed a physical. All I know is that come Sunday, he is one of the better MLB's in the game.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

E.J. will be fine.
    He was a beast at MLB for Maryland, won the Butkus Award that year.
    Some guys just take more time to grow in the NFL.

As for Cottrell's crazy scheme; even his own former players - e.g. Winfield, Sam Cowart, and Pat Williams, had no idea what the hell Cottrell was doing...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Welcome, Pooh!

I think EJ is the answer, because he played well as a MLB at Maryland, and was confounded by Ted Cottrell's musical chairs rotation of LBs a few years ago.
    With proper coaching, he will most likely, although not certainly, succeed in the middle.

Welcome, because, although some may debate it, and others may contribute to it, this forum doesn't have enough Pooh yet.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

"PoohBearsCubbie" wrote:
    No, I think not.

Can he stop the run?

~out
    Al Wilson came into the league 8 years ago, Urlacher 7, therefor the "next coming" might not be the best way to put it. 8)

EJ will be fine, maybe not as good as we originally thought he was, but still pretty viable. BTW, Al Wilson isn't getting any younger.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site!

I am a little worried about EJ, but he's a more mature player now than he was when he orignally came in the league. Under Tice EJ played a little MLB but had some problems being the leader of the defense. Now he's a little older, more experienced and is under a better coaching staff. He's always had the physical skills and I think that a few years experience has probably developed his leadership skills as well.

I hope so anyway.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i dont think we should go after al wilson, but at the same time im not at all comfortable with henderson playing in the middle
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

For the 2007 season, yes, EJ is the answer.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast