Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mogwai is offline Starter

Re: EJ back to the Middle???

if ej can get the mental part of being the mikebacker we are set for 10 years in the middle..i think he will continue to mature as a player now that he should have some real coaching this year

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "damien927" wrote:
    Greenway, EJ, Leber.

Blue is a very interesting prospect at OLB, but it will be a couple years before he would be able to play there.

Does anyone know if Blue would be able to add 10-15 lbs to his frame? He is a little light in the pants at 220, even for a cover 2 guy.
    If blue could add 15 pounds to his frame he would be an animal, he's already a workout warrior type guy, spends alot of time in the weight room. I'm sure if he wanted to he could beef up, and probably not loose any of his speed but at the same time be strong enough to play a LB position, its an intristing idea.
    From what I read, he is very smart and very aggressive. If he could get to a solid playing weight for LB, he may be a monster.

On http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/greg_blue.html it says that they thought he was going to go in the late second round. I like the sound of that.

Thanks Lotza!

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Sometimes tackles can be misleading, he did well, but as far as explosive plays, (tackles behind the line of scrimage, hard hits, causing fumbles, ect.) EJ takes the cake.
    Your Mike-backer is supposed to be a run-stuffing tackle machine. That Cowart led the team in tackles - and doesn't have the wheels that he used to have - says to me that he did the job leading that corps of LBs.

But I'm an EJ fan - don't mistake that!

=Z=
    In that cover 2 your Mike backer has to have coverage skills as he is in a middle zone quite often. Cowart was more of the runn stuffing guy, not what we needed now.

Thanks Lotza!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:
    I think it should be:

Greenway.....DT.......Leber
    This is how I see it playing out too. Both EJ and DT were misused under the previous coaches, so it is hard to tell who is better. Let them compete in training camp for the role, and the best athlete will land the job.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"damien927" wrote:
    In that cover 2 your Mike backer has to have coverage skills as he is in a middle zone quite often. Cowart was more of the runn stuffing guy, not what we needed now.
    Well, duh.

I brought up Cowart to say he was the best Vike LB in 2005. He's gone now, so the question becomes who's the Mike for 2006 - and I say EJ.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    [quote]"petrodemos" wrote:
    and how long has EJ been a project?

Where do you get this sh*t from. Thomas has been everthing but impressive, anytime he makes a play its from behind after his hesitation. Thomas really has me worried, i seen pretty much zero improvement from year one to another. EJ is different story and IMO he's underated by our fans, because of his first year starting, playing the whole year with a floppy knee, an injury most would not play with. EJ played solid football last year, really coming on at the end too, there where a couple games where he was vurtaly all over the field, side line to side line, making tackles behind the line of scrimage. Our BEST LB last year, most consistent. He also has great instincts, something Thomas lacks 100%, EJ has the ability to read a play and decide wether to play pass or run. He's showed improvement in pass coverage compared to his first year starting (which was god afull). Henderson has by far more batted passes then DT. Might i add we played alot of zone coverage last year, and we had alot of coverage sacks, EJ was doin his job.

All in all regardless of Thomas being faster on the track field, EJ should be our starting MLB, the only arguement here is wether EJ is gonna be a vocal leader or not. Time will tell.
    i pull s*** out of eyes when i watch EJ. EJ has had 4 years of inconsistant play, if anything cowart kept things together last year like biekert kept things together before that, i reserve the right to be able to see what thomas can become as a fulltime LB. oh and we sucked on defense for the last couple seasons, maybe EJ was a contribution to that and maybe it was DT. DT is further along than EJ was at year 3. ofcourse with the right coaching both might start with greenway in the middle.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:
    I think it should be:

Greenway.....DT.......Leber
    This is how I see it playing out too. Both EJ and DT were misused under the previous coaches, so it is hard to tell who is better. Let them compete in training camp for the role, and the best athlete will land the job.
    i second that for sure

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"petrodemos" wrote:
    i pull s*** out of eyes when i watch EJ. EJ has had 4 years of inconsistant play
    Three years, not four.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395979

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

oh right, 3 for EJ and 2 for DT, my mistake.
    don know much about leber as a linebacker though, he any good?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"petrodemos" wrote:
    [quote]"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    and how long has EJ been a project?

Where do you get this sh*t from. Thomas has been everthing but impressive, anytime he makes a play its from behind after his hesitation. Thomas really has me worried, i seen pretty much zero improvement from year one to another. EJ is different story and IMO he's underated by our fans, because of his first year starting, playing the whole year with a floppy knee, an injury most would not play with. EJ played solid football last year, really coming on at the end too, there where a couple games where he was vurtaly all over the field, side line to side line, making tackles behind the line of scrimage. Our BEST LB last year, most consistent. He also has great instincts, something Thomas lacks 100%, EJ has the ability to read a play and decide wether to play pass or run. He's showed improvement in pass coverage compared to his first year starting (which was god afull). Henderson has by far more batted passes then DT. Might i add we played alot of zone coverage last year, and we had alot of coverage sacks, EJ was doin his job.

All in all regardless of Thomas being faster on the track field, EJ should be our starting MLB, the only arguement here is wether EJ is gonna be a vocal leader or not. Time will tell.
    i pull s*** out of eyes when i watch EJ. EJ has had 4 years of inconsistant play, if anything cowart kept things together last year like biekert kept things together before that, i reserve the right to be able to see what thomas can become as a fulltime LB. oh and we sucked on defense for the last couple seasons, maybe EJ was a contribution to that and maybe it was DT. DT is further along than EJ was at year 3. ofcourse with the right coaching both might start with greenway in the middle.
    LOL! Whatch the film man.

EJ's only been in the league 3 years, he's 25 years old.

I also disagree about sucking on defense last year, defense won us several games and kept us in most all games. If we could run the ball, get some first downs and keep our defense a little more fresh, we will be top 10 or 15.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast