Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Re: EJ back to the Middle???

I do agree though... EJ's cover skills are going to have to improve dramatically if he is going to survive as a middle linebacker in the cover 2 for the Vikings.

Hopefully we see what a difference a year makes, starting next football season. Plus maybe starting over in a new defensive system is just the fresh start that a guy like EJ needed...

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

Greenway/Henderson/Harris

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

and how long has EJ been a project?

Thomas really has been impressive most of the time he played, i cant count the times i saw henderson miss the gap, tackle, unbelievable at times sucks at delay blitz, i would have no problem seeing him backup whomever. Thomas and Greenway for sure starting with either in the middle, keep EJ out of the middle. what happened to newman? were not keeping him? he really go hot at the end of the season.

mogwai is offline Starter

the last thing we need is 2 rookies starting at linebacker.leber will start,greenway will have to win a spot,ej will start and don't be surprised if they get another backer after the june 1st cuts.maybe sooner

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"petrodemos" wrote:
    and how long has EJ been a project?

Thomas really has been impressive most of the time he played, i cant count the times i saw henderson miss the gap, tackle, unbelievable at times sucks at delay blitz, i would have no problem seeing him backup whomever. Thomas and Greenway for sure starting with either in the middle, keep EJ out of the middle. what happened to newman? were not keeping him? he really go hot at the end of the season.
    If Thomas is so great why didn't he start last year, EJ stole his job.

Where do you get this sh*t from. Thomas has been everthing but impressive, anytime he makes a play its from behind after his hesitation. Thomas really has me worried, i seen pretty much zero improvement from year one to another. EJ is different story and IMO he's underated by our fans, because of his first year starting, playing the whole year with a floppy knee, an injury most would not play with. EJ played solid football last year, really coming on at the end too, there where a couple games where he was vurtaly all over the field, side line to side line, making tackles behind the line of scrimage. Our BEST LB last year, most consistent. He also has great instincts, something Thomas lacks 100%, EJ has the ability to read a play and decide wether to play pass or run. He's showed improvement in pass coverage compared to his first year starting (which was god afull). Henderson has by far more batted passes then DT. Might i add we played alot of zone coverage last year, and we had alot of coverage sacks, EJ was doin his job.

All in all regardless of Thomas being faster on the track field, EJ should be our starting MLB, the only arguement here is wether EJ is gonna be a vocal leader or not. Time will tell.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

Greenway, EJ, Leber.

Blue is a very interesting prospect at OLB, but it will be a couple years before he would be able to play there.

Does anyone know if Blue would be able to add 10-15 lbs to his frame? He is a little light in the pants at 220, even for a cover 2 guy.

Thanks Lotza!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    All in all regardless of Thomas being faster on the track field, EJ should be our starting MLB, the only arguement here is wether EJ is gonna be a vocal leader or not. Time will tell.
    Cowart was the leading tackler on the team last year - don't think you can say anyone was a better LB than him.

That said, EJ is a budding star. As I've said a couple of times, he needed 2 years to become a star at Maryland - now he's had his 2 years here and is ready to become a star in the middle here.

Will: Greenway
    Mike: Henderson
    Sam: Leber

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"damien927" wrote:
    Greenway, EJ, Leber.

Blue is a very interesting prospect at OLB, but it will be a couple years before he would be able to play there.

Does anyone know if Blue would be able to add 10-15 lbs to his frame? He is a little light in the pants at 220, even for a cover 2 guy.
    If blue could add 15 pounds to his frame he would be an animal, he's already a workout warrior type guy, spends alot of time in the weight room. I'm sure if he wanted to he could beef up, and probably not loose any of his speed but at the same time be strong enough to play a LB position, its an intristing idea.

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Cowart was the leading tackler on the team last year - don't think you can say anyone was a better LB than him.

That said, EJ is a budding star. As I've said a couple of times, he needed 2 years to become a star at Maryland - now he's had his 2 years here and is ready to become a star in the middle here.

Will: Greenway
    Mike: Henderson
    Sam: Leber

=Z=
    Sometimes tackles can be misleading, he did well, but as far as explosive plays, (tackles behind the line of scrimage, hard hits, causing fumbles, ect.) EJ takes the cake.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Sometimes tackles can be misleading, he did well, but as far as explosive plays, (tackles behind the line of scrimage, hard hits, causing fumbles, ect.) EJ takes the cake.
    Your Mike-backer is supposed to be a run-stuffing tackle machine. That Cowart led the team in tackles - and doesn't have the wheels that he used to have - says to me that he did the job leading that corps of LBs.

But I'm an EJ fan - don't mistake that!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast