Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Dallas wrote:
    Im not a Favre hater, but in the offseason watching from down here, I was hoping the Vikes would have at least looked into talking to Philly about McNabb. Sure he is no spring chicken either, BUT you know you have him for at least 2-3 years and thats the window of hope in Minn.
    We know Favre can get it done, but it really is a gamble, especially on that horrid ankle.
    Ole Dnabb hasn't signed any long term deal. In the end he still might play for the Chiller again.
    This is what I've been thinking all along. I think he rides the one year he has left on his contract and next year he comes in as a FA (provided there is a next year). I would be pretty satisfied with that becaue he would definitely have a couple of good years left and the Vikes would have time to develop someone. It could be TJ or Webb. I even hear Colt McCoy may be waived.
    I am still on the TJ bandwagon, think he is ready now. If a certain HOF QB wasn't hanging around messing things up, he would be the starter this year.

Absolutely love the little bit I've seen out of Webb. Long way off, mind you, but still, interesting to say the least. If he can learn to be a pocket passer, coupled with that mobility, WOW.

Not sure I am to happy about the thought of McCoy. Didn't like the cat coming out this year and if he is in jeopodary of getting waived, I think my suspicions are justified.

As to Dnabb. Only wildcard is the Deadskins. Depending on what the CBA looks like, they could still franchise him. That might cost a bunch considering what Peyton and Tom are going to do to the market and might make them think twice about it though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Favre made a believer out of me & I'm glad he's back, but
    I lost another one. Alas, I thought my good friend Singer would hold out till the end.

Were the hell is that crying emoticon when you need it...... :dry:
    There are 2 Favre haters left on these boards of 10,000 members. What does that tell you?
    First, I don't hate football players. I think the word I agreed to use/accept is "Loathe"...

Second, what it means, there are only two smart ones left. All the others have lost it. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    I lost another one. Alas, I thought my good friend Singer would hold out till the end.

There are 2 Favre haters left on these boards of 10,000 members. What does that tell you?
    First, I don't hate football players. I think the word I agreed to use/accept is "Loathe"...

Second, what it means, there are only two smart ones left. All the others have lost it. :P
    LOL! Well at least you stick to your guns...I'll give you that much.

A wise man named Tom Petty once sang - "I Won't Back Down" Song reminds me of you and your stance on one of the great QBs to ever play in the NFL. He happens to be on your team, playing the best he has ever played, and some how, some way, you find a way to rip on the guy. That takes something special.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:

LOL! Well at least you stick to your guns...I'll give you that much.

A wise man named Tom Petty once sang - "I Won't Back Down" Song reminds me of you and your stance on one of the great QBs to ever play in the NFL. He happens to be on your team, playing the best he has ever played, and some how, some way, you find a way to rip on the guy. That takes something special.
    It's called a lobotomy.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

HAHA!!!

For the Vikes' sake.. I hope Favre's got another year like 2009 in 'em.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Mutiny of the Minnesota Vikings

Never has a Primadonna been more out in the open than the Viking’s Bret Favre. He makes no secret that in his mind the team revolves around him; that they are nothing without him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

singersp wrote:

Never has a Primadonna been more out in the open than the Viking’s Bret Favre. He makes no secret that in his mind the team revolves around him; that they are nothing without him.
    LOL, it's not just in Favre's mind...It's also in the mind of the players, coaches, and 98% of the fans.

This team does revolve around Favre...much like many teams tend to revolve around their star QB.

Got to love BleacherReport.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    singersp wrote:

LOL, it's not just in Favre's mind...It's also in the mind of the players, coaches, and 98% of the fans.

This team does revolve around Favre...much like many teams tend to revolve around their star QB.

Got to love BleacherReport.
    Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Drew Brees ring a bell?

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

I love the Vikings and who ever is on the team. Thank you.
    And I can't believe people still bash Favre.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Well, some people will never get over the former GB star being here as it was beyond probability...including me But I have learned to accept and cheer him on as he is our player now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast