Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

singersp wrote:
    Favre made a believer out of me & I'm glad he's back, but
    I lost another one. Alas, I thought my good friend Singer would hold out till the end.

Were the hell is that crying emoticon when you need it...... :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Dallas wrote:
    Im not a Favre hater, but in the offseason watching from down here, I was hoping the Vikes would have at least looked into talking to Philly about McNabb. Sure he is no spring chicken either, BUT you know you have him for at least 2-3 years and thats the window of hope in Minn.
    We know Favre can get it done, but it really is a gamble, especially on that horrid ankle.
    Ole Dnabb hasn't signed any long term deal. In the end he still might play for the Chiller again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Dallas wrote:
    Im not a Favre hater, but in the offseason watching from down here, I was hoping the Vikes would have at least looked into talking to Philly about McNabb. Sure he is no spring chicken either, BUT you know you have him for at least 2-3 years and thats the window of hope in Minn.
    We know Favre can get it done, but it really is a gamble, especially on that horrid ankle.
    Ole Dnabb hasn't signed any long term deal. In the end he still might play for the Chiller again.
    This is what I've been thinking all along. I think he rides the one year he has left on his contract and next year he comes in as a FA (provided there is a next year). I would be pretty satisfied with that becaue he would definitely have a couple of good years left and the Vikes would have time to develop someone. It could be TJ or Webb. I even hear Colt McCoy may be waived.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Dallas wrote:
    This is what I've been thinking all along. I think he rides the one year he has left on his contract and next year he comes in as a FA (provided there is a next year). I would be pretty satisfied with that becaue he would definitely have a couple of good years left and the Vikes would have time to develop someone. It could be TJ or Webb. I even hear Colt McCoy may be waived.
    That sounds like a possibility. I however have less faith that McNabb can stay healthy than I have doubt Favre cannot.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

gregair13 wrote:
    They will blitz the crap out of Favre all season. Let's AP learns how to block and catch the dump off passes fast.
    I think Peterson has made huge strides in his pass catching. He caught 43 passes for 436yards last year.

Blocking is still a struggle, but I don't think they want him to pass block very much, he's more valuable as a recieving threat.

Think about it, he can stay in the back field and maybe pick up a linebacker coming through or he can go to the flats and pretty much guarantee a linebacker or safety will follow, or he'll be wide open.

The only exception is the third and long situations where a dump off pass just won't work(though I'm guessing teams still put a guy on Peterson most of the time).

When a blitz comes I'd prefer to see Peterson get the screen pass than try to block.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

gregair13 wrote:
    They will blitz the crap out of Favre all season. Let's AP learns how to block and catch the dump off passes fast.

SO TRUE!! What is REALLY scary, is that the last time we faced a team that everyone knew was going to blitz the crap out of us was Philly in the playoffs, and the Chiller did NOT have a gameplan in place to counter act the all out attack!! By the time we started rolling Jackson out and throwing the screen, it was far too late.

I hope they are getting a better plan ready, cuz until he starts beating the blitz, its coming at him every passing down of every game and from every team! I remember when we first beat the mighty Favre, it was by hitting him repeatedly. The bears know the same trick. Now, the entire NFL knows, cuz they all saw what happened in the NFC championship!!

I have to agree that AP is much better as a threat than as a blocker. Do we put AY back there with him to pick up blitzers? Dugan? Extra reps for Kleiny? The 2-TE set?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    I lost another one. Alas, I thought my good friend Singer would hold out till the end.

There are 2 Favre haters left on these boards of 10,000 members. What does that tell you?

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:

There are 2 Favre haters left on these boards of 10,000 members. What does that tell you?

It was the last second TD to win the game vs. the 49ers that made me a believer. I'm glad he's back, but I hope we're going to run a bit more and play a lil more Jackson when we get a lead, and/or some wildcat with TJ or Webb. It would be good to save whatever reps we can on the old man, so he's in better shape when we need him most, in the playoffs. And, Jackson could use the experience too.

:P :cheer:
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

mountainviking wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:

It was the last second TD to win the game vs. the 49ers that made me a believer. I'm glad he's back, but I hope we're going to run a bit more and play a lil more Jackson when we get a lead, and/or some wildcat with TJ or Webb. It would be good to save whatever reps we can on the old man, so he's in better shape when we need him most, in the playoffs. And, Jackson could use the experience too.

:P :cheer:
    I think it was that last second TD during the 49ers game that won most of us over...myself definitely included.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    I think it was that last second TD during the 49ers game that won most of us over...myself definitely included.
    Mars was already a knob-suckler before that TD - which is why it was such a pussy move that he left early.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast