Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

Vikes_King wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

By te way, who is this journalist? Oh yeah, no one important. It's nice to have a opinion and write about it. Does he know Brett Favre? Has he ever met Brett Favre? If not, then how does he know how egotistical or not Brett Favre is? He can say what he wants. It means absolutely nothing.
    By being awake the past 4 years. I don't care how much you hate or love Favre. If you deny that he's extremely egotistical, then you must be deaf & blind or stupid, or all three.
    OK, now show me an Elite NFL QB who IS NOT egotistical.

You think Tom Brady is the height of humble? How about Peyton Manning? Drew Brees?

HELL NO!!!

These guys think the world revolves around them...every single one of them. They carry the weight of their franchise on their shoulders, and win, lose, or draw they have to stand accountable for every throw, every hand off, every snap.

So, sure, Favre is an egotistical prima-donna. Show me a QB who isn't, and I'll show YOU a bench warmer.

Bottom line is that the author of the article - which has all of the qualities of a BleacherReport POS - ignored quite a few elements in the writing of this highly one sided diatribe. Elements which have been covered in detail, but were left out since they would have weakened Mr Alter's position significantly.

Favre is by no means guilt free...and he hasn't done everything right...but Mr. Alter did the typical crappy job of fact finding and presented a fairly distorted and completely worthless waste of space...

...much like the former writings of VikingsTW.

Caine

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

ultravikingfan wrote:
    If you like Favre, your an asshole.

If you do not like Favre, your an asshole.

Either way...we're all assholes!

Root for the fricken team! Skol!
    This. Everyone. This.
    We're bringing purple back.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

ultravikingfan wrote:
    If you like Favre, your an asshole.

If you do not like Favre, your an asshole.

Either way...we're all assholes!

Root for the fricken team! Skol!
    I love this one ultra.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes_King wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

By te way, who is this journalist? Oh yeah, no one important. It's nice to have a opinion and write about it. Does he know Brett Favre? Has he ever met Brett Favre? If not, then how does he know how egotistical or not Brett Favre is? He can say what he wants. It means absolutely nothing.
    By being awake the past 4 years. I don't care how much you hate or love Favre. If you deny that he's extremely egotistical, then you must be deaf & blind or stupid, or all three.[/quote]

Declare me all 3 deaf, blind and stupid. It doesn't take away that this peace of crap journalist has no idea nor do I, you or anyone else that hasn't met Favre know what he is like as a human being. If he is egotistical because he wants to make sure he can give 100% before he commits then I'll take that egotist any day of the week.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    There's an old Vegas saying, "Nobody beats the house."

You may win once, you may win twice, hell you may have a night where nothing can go wrong and you're on top of the world. But the fatal flaw of every poor sap that gets conned in Sin City, is not knowing when to quit. You won't win forever......
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-alter/egotistical-favre-is-in-f_b_687382.html
    I don't care about the article.
    But I will ask you,since you posted it, is this what you believe?

I have to wonder if some people with a a lot of posts are still Vikings fans.
    I've got to wonder how many people here won't be Viking fans once Favre leaves.

You're going to get all kinds of fans opinions on Favre. There will be those who loathe him like Marrdro & those who wake up every morning & gargle with Favre's balls like Marstc09.

Some so-called Viking fans have gone so far as to detest Viking HOFer Fran Tarkenton, just because of his opinion of Favre.

How will life be for them post Favre? I guess many of them will go back to being the gloom & doom of 2 years ago.

In 2009 we won the NFCN, but lost in our 2nd playoff game & people were all a buzz about how great & incredible of a year it was.

In 2008, we won that same NFCN crown, but lost in our 1st playoff game & many here whined about how shitty the year was & how we were losers because we didn't make it to the big dance.

Favre made a believer out of me & I'm glad he's back, but I won't cut him extra slack because he's Favre, like others will. I won't say he can do no wrong like others will. He is not God, like some here believe. He is human.

I for one know that we didn't win that NFCN crown solely because Favre was here. We won it in 2008 without him. We won it in 2009 with him & all the rest of the players on this team. Rice, Harvin, Taylor et al, were all big time contributors that helped this be a successfull team.

In regards to the TC issue, the author did bring up some good points there. Remember Favre (who's missing a lot of TC in recent years) chastising Walker when he was missing TC?
    I am willing to bet all of them will still be fans. I know for a fact I won't make up some lame ass name for TJ like some Favre haters. See the difference yet?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

They will blitz the crap out of Favre all season. Let's AP learns how to block and catch the dump off passes fast.
    We're bringing purple back.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    There's an old Vegas saying, "Nobody beats the house."

You may win once, you may win twice, hell you may have a night where nothing can go wrong and you're on top of the world. But the fatal flaw of every poor sap that gets conned in Sin City, is not knowing when to quit. You won't win forever......
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-alter/egotistical-favre-is-in-f_b_687382.html
    I don't care about the article.
    But I will ask you,since you posted it, is this what you believe?

I have to wonder if some people with a a lot of posts are still Vikings fans.
    I've got to wonder how many people here won't be Viking fans once Favre leaves.

You're going to get all kinds of fans opinions on Favre. There will be those who loathe him like Marrdro & those who wake up every morning & gargle with Favre's balls like Marstc09.

Some so-called Viking fans have gone so far as to detest Viking HOFer Fran Tarkenton, just because of his opinion of Favre.

How will life be for them post Favre? I guess many of them will go back to being the gloom & doom of 2 years ago.

In 2009 we won the NFCN, but lost in our 2nd playoff game & people were all a buzz about how great & incredible of a year it was.

In 2008, we won that same NFCN crown, but lost in our 1st playoff game & many here whined about how shitty the year was & how we were losers because we didn't make it to the big dance.

Favre made a believer out of me & I'm glad he's back, but I won't cut him extra slack because he's Favre, like others will. I won't say he can do no wrong like others will. He is not God, like some here believe. He is human.

I for one know that we didn't win that NFCN crown solely because Favre was here. We won it in 2008 without him. We won it in 2009 with him & all the rest of the players on this team. Rice, Harvin, Taylor et al, were all big time contributors that helped this be a successfull team.

In regards to the TC issue, the author did bring up some good points there. Remember Favre (who's missing a lot of TC in recent years) chastising Walker when he was missing TC?
    I am willing to bet all of them will still be fans. I know for a fact I won't make up some lame ass name for TJ like some Favre haters. See the difference yet?
    I do not recall you doing it mars, but if you type TJoke in the search bar you will find 12 pages of posts using that reference. I am sure there have been some other names used also. it is not only the "Farve haters" who use durogatory names.

see the similarities yet? :lol:
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Dallas is offline Waterboy

Im not a Favre hater, but in the offseason watching from down here, I was hoping the Vikes would have at least looked into talking to Philly about McNabb. Sure he is no spring chicken either, BUT you know you have him for at least 2-3 years and thats the window of hope in Minn.
    We know Favre can get it done, but it really is a gamble, especially on that horrid ankle.
    None

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Dallas wrote:
    Im not a Favre hater, but in the offseason watching from down here, I was hoping the Vikes would have at least looked into talking to Philly about McNabb. Sure he is no spring chicken either, BUT you know you have him for at least 2-3 years and thats the window of hope in Minn.
    We know Favre can get it done, but it really is a gamble, especially on that horrid ankle.
    +1 I agree Tex

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

ConnecticutViking wrote:
    Dallas wrote:
    +1 I agree Tex
    +2. I agree as well. As much as I like Favre I would feel a lot more comforable with McNabb for the next few years instead of being uncertain.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast