Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    There's an old Vegas saying, "Nobody beats the house."

    You may win once, you may win twice, hell you may have a night where nothing can go wrong and you're on top of the world. But the fatal flaw of every poor sap that gets conned in Sin City, is not knowing when to quit. You won't win forever......
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-alter/egotistical-favre-is-in-f_b_687382.html

  2. #2
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    There's an old Vegas saying, "Nobody beats the house."

    You may win once, you may win twice, hell you may have a night where nothing can go wrong and you're on top of the world. But the fatal flaw of every poor sap that gets conned in Sin City, is not knowing when to quit. You won't win forever......
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-alter/egotistical-favre-is-in-f_b_687382.html
    I don't care about the article.
    But I will ask you,since you posted it, is this what you believe?

    I have to wonder if some people with a a lot of posts are still Vikings fans.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  3. #3
    ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    I wonder whatever happened to INTEGRITY in journalism? It seems like this hack in D.C. read a couple articles on Yahoo (more likely BleacherReport or some other blogsite), decided to vomit out 90% of what he read, and squeezed his sphincter muscle of a brain to come up with the other 10%.

    *sigh* September 9th can't get here soon enough!

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    There's an old Vegas saying, "Nobody beats the house."

    You may win once, you may win twice, hell you may have a night where nothing can go wrong and you're on top of the world. But the fatal flaw of every poor sap that gets conned in Sin City, is not knowing when to quit. You won't win forever......
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-alter/egotistical-favre-is-in-f_b_687382.html
    I don't care about the article.
    But I will ask you,since you posted it, is this what you believe?

    I have to wonder if some people with a a lot of posts are still Vikings fans.
    I've got to wonder how many people here won't be Viking fans once Favre leaves.

    You're going to get all kinds of fans opinions on Favre. There will be those who loathe him like Marrdro & those who wake up every morning & gargle with Favre's balls like Marstc09.

    Some so-called Viking fans have gone so far as to detest Viking HOFer Fran Tarkenton, just because of his opinion of Favre.

    How will life be for them post Favre? I guess many of them will go back to being the gloom & doom of 2 years ago.

    In 2009 we won the NFCN, but lost in our 2nd playoff game & people were all a buzz about how great & incredible of a year it was.

    In 2008, we won that same NFCN crown, but lost in our 1st playoff game & many here whined about how shitty the year was & how we were losers because we didn't make it to the big dance.

    Favre made a believer out of me & I'm glad he's back, but I won't cut him extra slack because he's Favre, like others will. I won't say he can do no wrong like others will. He is not God, like some here believe. He is human.

    I for one know that we didn't win that NFCN crown solely because Favre was here. We won it in 2008 without him. We won it in 2009 with him & all the rest of the players on this team. Rice, Harvin, Taylor et al, were all big time contributors that helped this be a successfull team.

    In regards to the TC issue, the author did bring up some good points there. Remember Favre (who's missing a lot of TC in recent years) chastising Walker when he was missing TC?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    Why is it wrong to not go along with the crowd on here and stick to what you believe. If you like Farve you're just fine. If you hate him you're an asshole

  6. #6
    ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    Great post, singer...I agree with most of your points, just not ALL of them.

    Favre is NOT the reason I've been watching, and will continue to watch my team week in and week out. I am a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, and that is all. I'll cheer for whoever is on the roster in any given year...as long as they help the Vikings win games, and as long as they don't commit any crimes against humanity (or even other species, Vick), ie. murder, rape, etc.

    I'm not one of those bashing on Tarkenton because he dissed Favre, or even because of whatever scandal he was involved in back in the day (fraud or some sort of nonsense). To me, Tark still holds the bar for which any other Vikes QB still has yet to reach, simply because he was actually able to get us to the Big Dance several times. If Favre is able to do that this year, and we lose, he'll STILL fall short of Tark. If we MISS the Playoffs, then Favre falls somewhere in the Culpepper/Cunningham range. If we WIN the SuperBowl...then Tark becomes the second best Vikings QB in franchise history. A very close second, mind you...but second.

    Post-Favre? I don't think T-Jack is the answer, but it looks like we're gonna have to wait one more season to find out. If not him, then who? Going back to the drawing board in the Draft with a Ryan Mallett or a Jake Locker? (rolling the dice) Oh, MAYBE we can get a veteran to come in and mentor them until they're ready? Ugh...somebody smack the record player, please.

    I've said it before...if there's anything I envy about Packer fans, is that they got themselves an obvious heir-apparent to replace Favre, and they're looking mighty comfortable at QB for the next many, many years...just like the 49ers with the Montana/Young transition.

    ARGH! When do we get OUR "obvious" franchise guy???

    In regards to the Camp fiasco...yes, Favre is a hypocrite and a gloryhound, but he's a locked-in HOF hypocrite/gloryhound, and as long as he's not breaking laws, I just want him to help us win a SuperBowl so he can ride off into the sunset as a Viking legend. HOPEFULLY the next time we see him will be up on the podium at Canton 5 years later, and we're on the verge of collecting our 2nd or 3rd Lombardi.

    End of story, and as always...JMO

  7. #7
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    If you like Favre, your an asshole.

    If you do not like Favre, your an asshole.

    Either way...we're all assholes!

    Root for the fricken team! Skol!

  8. #8
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    singersp wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    There's an old Vegas saying, "Nobody beats the house."

    You may win once, you may win twice, hell you may have a night where nothing can go wrong and you're on top of the world. But the fatal flaw of every poor sap that gets conned in Sin City, is not knowing when to quit. You won't win forever......
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-alter/egotistical-favre-is-in-f_b_687382.html
    I don't care about the article.
    But I will ask you,since you posted it, is this what you believe?

    I have to wonder if some people with a a lot of posts are still Vikings fans.
    I've got to wonder how many people here won't be Viking fans once Favre leaves.

    You're going to get all kinds of fans opinions on Favre. There will be those who loathe him like Marrdro & those who wake up every morning & gargle with Favre's balls like Marstc09.

    Some so-called Viking fans have gone so far as to detest Viking HOFer Fran Tarkenton, just because of his opinion of Favre.

    How will life be for them post Favre? I guess many of them will go back to being the gloom & doom of 2 years ago.

    In 2009 we won the NFCN, but lost in our 2nd playoff game & people were all a buzz about how great & incredible of a year it was.

    In 2008, we won that same NFCN crown, but lost in our 1st playoff game & many here whined about how shitty the year was & how we were losers because we didn't make it to the big dance.

    Favre made a believer out of me & I'm glad he's back, but I won't cut him extra slack because he's Favre, like others will. I won't say he can do no wrong like others will. He is not God, like some here believe. He is human.

    I for one know that we didn't win that NFCN crown solely because Favre was here. We won it in 2008 without him. We won it in 2009 with him & all the rest of the players on this team. Rice, Harvin, Taylor et al, were all big time contributors that helped this be a successfull team.

    In regards to the TC issue, the author did bring up some good points there. Remember Favre (who's missing a lot of TC in recent years) chastising Walker when he was missing TC?
    Just a few points you keep glossing over, Singer.

    In 2008, we won the NFCN in large part because of Gus Frerotte. It also didn't hurt that the rest of the NFCN sort of fell apart (Green Bay was 6-10, Detroit was 0-16).

    In '08 we were NOT hot commodity we were in '09 - largely due to our QB situation. Media and fans all considered us a dark horse.

    And our play-off exit in '08 was a complete dismantling at the hands of the Eagles.

    In '09, we rolled through the regular season, chasing the Saints for home field. IN the Play offs we DESTROYED the favored Cowboys, then narrowly lost to the Saints (suck).

    When you look at the end results, the two seasons appear only a game different...but they really weren't. They were night and day different.

    And, for the record, no one is diminishing the contributions of the rest of the Offense - or the Defense - but we all agree (except Marrdro) that Favre was a major part of that success.

    I have always been a team guy first. My wife says I'm a fanatic, and that I care too much about a team that doesn't care about me...and she may be right. But unless they move, I will always love the Vikings...despite which window licker they have coaching, or which short-bus riding QB they put under center.

    I don't like the fact that Favre skipped TC - I've said so repeatedly. but I clearly see how important he is to this team and our hopes for success. I do NOT believe we can win it all without him this season. And,. apparently, the coaches and the team agree with me.

    Finally, I will always love what Tark did on the field for us. But I think his comments recently were baseless and self-serving. Being a HOF'er doesn't make you infallible...

    Caine

  9. #9
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    There's an old Vegas saying, "Nobody beats the house."

    You may win once, you may win twice, hell you may have a night where nothing can go wrong and you're on top of the world. But the fatal flaw of every poor sap that gets conned in Sin City, is not knowing when to quit. You won't win forever......
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-alter/egotistical-favre-is-in-f_b_687382.html
    I guess it's a good thing they aren't the Las Vegas Vikings then. :laugh:

    By te way, who is this journalist? Oh yeah, no one important. It's nice to have a opinion and write about it. Does he know Brett Favre? Has he ever met Brett Favre? If not, then how does he know how egotistical or not Brett Favre is? He can say what he wants. It means absolutely nothing.

  10. #10
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re:Egotistical Favre Is in for a Rude Awakening

    ejmat wrote:


    By te way, who is this journalist? Oh yeah, no one important. It's nice to have a opinion and write about it. Does he know Brett Favre? Has he ever met Brett Favre? If not, then how does he know how egotistical or not Brett Favre is? He can say what he wants. It means absolutely nothing.[/quote]

    By being awake the past 4 years. I don't care how much you hate or love Favre. If you deny that he's extremely egotistical, then you must be deaf & blind or stupid, or all three.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rude traveling salespeople evicted from Minn. hotel
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 04:53 PM
  2. Man punches 'rude' drive-thru clerk
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
  3. Miami tops rude drivers list
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
  4. Court dismisses case against rude doctor
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 03:17 AM
  5. Rude awakening
    By Calmwind in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •