Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Effects of a win or loss

"Del Rio" wrote:
    LOS I disagree with some of my fellow fans here.

I am very optimistic about this game. You see to play it safe is folly. If you cry and moan all week and you win then you have to play it off as luck and the victory isn't as sweet. If we lose you get a big get out of jail free card that says I told you so.

You have to ride into battle with your boys and support them 100% It is true if and when games are lost the pain is a lot more the haggling from the opposition is rough but when you win............................................... .......it is pure joy. You walk away with a better appreciation for the game.

Anyway yeah this game is crucial for TICE anyway I think if he doesn't win this game he is a gonner.
    I am ready to ride into battle with you, Del! Vikes have the talent to do it, they just need to see that we are all behind them and that they CAN do it, if only they will believe in themselves...GO VIKES!!! :cheers:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Effects of a win or loss

Boy oh boy thank you tark for proving exactly why you are the type of person you are. Unlike you I will not resort to name calling or cheap shots on this thread. I am a better man then that. If you have read my post then you would know I said nothing negative about my football team. Do I think were a great football team? No. Do I think we'll win this Sunday? No. Do I think I our defense can tackle good? No. This is just my opinion and I am certainly entitled to it. It doesn't have to be yours. Plus calling the Vikings "horrible" as you did is different then saying the team will not win an upcoming game. Understand the difference? You most certainly know how to spin a comment to suit your own personal ignorant agenda. Therefore I am not being negative so please don't get all uppity with me and call myself and other members of this site names for disagreeing with you.
    Webby I never said pessimism = realism. I am not negative towards the Vikes. It's just what I saw last Sunday at Fed Ex field is not indicative of a team ready to go into Lambaeu and win a playoff game. Although if they do pull it off (which I hope they do) I will gladly humble myself as I previously stated.
    And Tark since you allready know everyones education levels and political parties why don't you dazzle me with a prediction this Sundays outcome. Try being on the site for more then a year before acting like a jackass. There is only one true jackass at purplepride.org and that would be me.

enlvikeman.....resident jackass

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Wicked Koala is offline Training Camp

Effects of a win or loss

"Del Rio" wrote:
    LOS I disagree with some of my fellow fans here.

I am very optimistic about this game. You see to play it safe is folly. If you cry and moan all week and you win then you have to play it off as luck and the victory isn't as sweet. If we lose you get a big get out of jail free card that says I told you so.

You have to ride into battle with your boys and support them 100% It is true if and when games are lost the pain is a lot more the haggling from the opposition is rough but when you win............................................... .......it is pure joy. You walk away with a better appreciation for the game.

This is why you live in fantasy land, while the majority of us live in reality land.

Effects of a win or loss

careful now wicked. your lack of enthusiasm and positivity will greatly in influence this weeks game!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

Del Rio Guest

Effects of a win or loss

no but it could be interpreted as being a dumbass and you guys wouldn't want that now would?

Oh wait too late.

No one really gives a damn what you think. Go ahead and be a mopey whiney child.

Just don't try and pull that I told you so crap, and downplay our win if it happens.

Effects of a win or loss

If that was directed at me del rio I would never and have never wanted the Vikes to lose. I would never downplay our win or state "I told you so" on this site. I want nothing more then to beat the pack I'm just not as confident as some people on the site that's all. It's just a matter of opinion about an upcoming game and it doesn't have to be yours bro. Not moping or whining nor am I a child. That should be directed at the people on this site who feel the need to start with personal attacks.

Effects of a win or loss

Wicked Koala, are you a Pats fan or a Bills fan?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

SacredStar is offline Rookie

Effects of a win or loss

I think Mike Sherman is under a microscope alot because mainly the Packers success is due to Brett Favre, not Mike Sherman. I think it's obvious the Packers have been the NFL's winningest team the past decade but it's also obvious the main reason is the play of Favre. Mike Sherman, although he may be a good coach, is seen as riding the coat-tails of Brett Favre's success as one the best QB's ever. It seems anybody could go into Green Bay and coach that team and win consistantly as long as Brett is QB. That's why everyone says A) "The Packers go as Brett goes" and B) "The Packers always have a chance as long as Favre is there. "

Sherman is more recognized by his blunders of play calling that are horrible in critical situations. He seems to make the biggest mistakes in the most critical situations. I'm talking about going for 1st downs on 4th and 1, kicking FG's or trying for 1st downs, blitzing on 3rd downs or not...etc

There is a 50/50 chance Mike will be successful, but unfortunately, he has proven to select the wrong option and his team fails in big games because of it. That is what gets magnified.

We will never know how good a coach Mike Sherman really is until we see if the Packers can win without Favre.

As a GM for Green Bay his drafting has been poor as has been his free agent pickups. In that field, he fares poor.

My opinion is that he seems a players coach and will back his players come hell or high water. Beyond that, he can't win the big games and he can't help GB win if his main man, Favre, is out or having an off day. If he was a good coach, then he would figure out how to win when Brett is having an off day. He has never been able to do that. As good as Brett is, as good as the RB's there are, as good as the offensive line is, as good as their WR's are, Green Bay should have multiple SB rings, but they don't I think because of Shermans decisions in big games that have abruptly halted the Packers hot streaks time and time again. Had another coach, say a John Fox or Belichick, or even a Parcells been there, I bet GB would have a couple or more SB rings.
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Effects of a win or loss

Excellent post sacred star! I didn't think cowpoke fans had that in them!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SacredStar is offline Rookie

Effects of a win or loss

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Excellent post sacred star! I didn't think cowpoke fans had that in them!!
    Thanks VKG,

I'm on the outside looking in, so I have alot of time to analyze things.

I wish the Vikings the best and hope they are victorious in their playoff pursuit.
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast