Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Effects of a win or loss

Just a thought:

Mike Tice has to be the luckiest man alive. How he can literally crap away the end of two seasons, going 3-7 both years, and get his contract renewed is beyond me.

So, that in mind, and having a pretty good read on the pulse of the fan reaction, how big is this game?

Mike Tice is literally on the cusp of losing a lot of credibility, both in his own locker room and in the eyes of the fans. A loss in the first round of the playoffs to the most hated foe in Vikingdom will, in my humble opinion, possibly lead to a lot of heated criticism in the off-season, if not his job.

On the other hand, you can imagine what a win can do. Think about it: the Vikings, who have suffered so many disappointments amongst so much promise the last 8years or so, goes into the Packer stadium, and boots Brett Favre from his last chance at the playoffs (possibly). Tice goes from Fred Flintstone (with less intelligence) to fabled legendary coach. It's quite a swing, but with so much disappointment lately for the Viking faithful, this is huge for you guys.

On the Packer side, the Packers finished 8-2, and yet Sherman is still under the microscope. The Sherman-bashers are perhaps not quieted, but biding their time until their next opportunity to demand his head.

A win against the Vikings will go a long ways to equalling last season...a first round win against a hated opponant. Sherman will likely hold on to both Head Coach and General Manager positions, regardless of what happens next.

A loss, though? The Sherman-bashers will revel in their opportunity to come out with the criticism. A call will be made for one of Sherman's positions, and Bob Harlan may just follow through with it.

The loser of this game will have their psyche affected...dramatically. A Viking loss may be more pronounced among their fans, but the Packers damage will be visible as well.

All in all, this is more than a playoff game...the losing coach may be in a position to be packing his bags.

I still say, this one is going to be knock-down, drag-out, and anyone's game. It will be a three point game, or a blowout. Nothing in between.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Effects of a win or loss

I'm a reality type of guy Los...and I think us Vikings fans should prepare ourselves for an ass whipping. I'm not a pessimist just a realist. If the Vikings do somehow managed to make a few tackels and win I will gladly eat a very large piece of humble pie.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Effects of a win or loss

I say whatever happens happens. If the Vikes lose and Tice is fired, so be it - we need a new coach anyway. If we win, myself and all of the Vikings fans will instantly forget about our dissapointing season and begin to look forward to a chance at the Superbowl. If Tice keeps his job, who knows. I want a win of course, but a loss might be beneficial in the long run.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

Effects of a win or loss

enlike weren't you the one bashing me for being negative when I wrote the "vikings are horrible" thread. What a Kerry maneuver, now you are mr. negativity. What happened to the postive person that called me a jackass for the exact kind of talk you are doing right now. Enlike aren't you going to predict a big win and on to the super bowl for the Vikes?!?!!?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Effects of a win or loss

Tark ya want some cheese to go with that whine?

I know you hope we loose this weekend to
    save face but it ain't gonna happen.

out..
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

Effects of a win or loss

purplehorn the only cheese you know is that rotten stuff between your teeth. being the cry baby you are and coward that can't admit he is wrong I don't hold any credience to your point of view. Mainly because the only point you have is on the top of your head. As a matter of fact I think we can win. We have played well on O and the games were close. And as I have stated in other threads if the D can soemhow make the right reads and get in to the right position we have chance. Turnovers will be huge in this game. And if the Vikes D can come through for once on the last drive and hold favre we could win this game. If the D from the regular season shows up it will be one and done though. And I never hope we will lose - it's just uneducated people like you think that because you can't comprehend any other thought process but your own. So that you don't understand you try to kill (kinda like a caveman). See ya allyoop

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

Effects of a win or loss

LOS I disagree with some of my fellow fans here.

I am very optimistic about this game. You see to play it safe is folly. If you cry and moan all week and you win then you have to play it off as luck and the victory isn't as sweet. If we lose you get a big get out of jail free card that says I told you so.

You have to ride into battle with your boys and support them 100% It is true if and when games are lost the pain is a lot more the haggling from the opposition is rough but when you win............................................... .......it is pure joy. You walk away with a better appreciation for the game.

Anyway yeah this game is crucial for TICE anyway I think if he doesn't win this game he is a gonner.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Effects of a win or loss

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    I'm a reality type of guy Los...and I think us Vikings fans should prepare ourselves for an ass whipping. I'm not a pessimist just a realist. If the Vikings do somehow managed to make a few tackels and win I will gladly eat a very large piece of humble pie.
    Pessimism does not equal realism. Just means you can't stand up when in the heat of the battle.

Oh, come on, I had to take a shot at the resident jackass. I never have! Good thing I moved him to that from the original "official contrarian" I had picked!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Effects of a win or loss

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    purplehorn the only cheese you know is that rotten stuff between your teeth. being the cry baby you are and coward that can't admit he is wrong I don't hold any credience to your point of view. Mainly because the only point you have is on the top of your head. As a matter of fact I think we can win. We have played well on O and the games were close. And as I have stated in other threads if the D can soemhow make the right reads and get in to the right position we have chance. Turnovers will be huge in this game. And if the Vikes D can come through for once on the last drive and hold favre we could win this game. If the D from the regular season shows up it will be one and done though. And I never hope we will lose - it's just uneducated people like you think that because you can't comprehend any other thought process but your own. So that you don't understand you try to kill (kinda like a caveman). See ya allyoop
    Hey Tark, ET AL: knock off the personal attacks please.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Effects of a win or loss

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    enlike weren't you the one bashing me for being negative when I wrote the "vikings are horrible" thread. What a Kerry maneuver, now you are mr. negativity. What happened to the postive person that called me a jackass for the exact kind of talk you are doing right now. Enlike aren't you going to predict a big win and on to the super bowl for the Vikes?!?!!?
    nice :thumbleft:

now he's gotta attain John Kerry flip-flopper status

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast