Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Edwards Still Wants Out of SD

After looking at Edward's stats ( I know it's not all about stats) he's even better than I realized.
    Let's face it, a LBs stats tells what kind of player you are.
    They also help win games.
    Bottom line is we need a LB.
    This guy wants out of SD.
    I can't understand what people have against the guy.
    He's a solid player year in and year out.
    He's a leader.

Byh the way Fuad, you talk about not wanting to get someone this late in the preseason.
    Can I remind you of when we got Greg Biekert?
    I think he turned out just fine for us while he was here.

Cajun, I think you and I need to go speak with Childress and get this trade started.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Id say go for it if we can get him for a 4th rounder but a 3rd is pushing it for an older LB if you ask me. We do need depth but our youngsters have done really well so far in preseason so lets hope it continues on into regular season.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"ejmat" wrote:
    After looking at Edward's stats ( I know it's not all about stats) he's even better than I realized.
    He's a leader.

Byh the way Fuad, you talk about not wanting to get someone this late in the preseason.

Cajun, I think you and I need to go speak with Childress and get this trade started.
    Well no I did not remember when we got Biekert so I'll just say your memory is better then mine. I have no complaints about the guys we have starting and I'm satisfied with Thomas, Davis, and Farwell as their backups I don't think we need Edwards nor do I think our team has ever had any interest in him so we will continue to agree to disagree.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    He's a leader.

Well no I did not remember when we got Biekert so I'll just say your memory is better then mine. I have no complaints about the guys we have starting and I'm satisfied with Thomas, Davis, and Farwell as their backups I don't think we need Edwards nor do I think our team has ever had any interest in him so we will continue to agree to disagree.
    Can I ask, what about D. Thomas has impressed you?
    I think EJ is doing fine and so has Leber.
    Farwell has done a good job too.
    Nap and DT have done nothing but loook stupid.
    We need a leader there.
    I think Edwards, Leber and EJ would make a strong LB crew.
    Edwards will make them both better players.
    i will say I have always been impressed with Rod Davis.
    I saw him in a preseason game against Atlanta his rookie season and he was all over the ball.
    He hasn't shown much since but I think he has potential.

Did you really forget about Biekert?
    He came to the Vikings in 2002 about a week prior to the season starting.
    He had 101 tackles and 4 INTs that year.
    You have a better memory than that.
    I know you do.
    LOL

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"ejmat" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    He's a leader.

We need a leader there.
    What did Harris do for you to say that he was fine at dropping into coverage and helping to move in and stop the run. He did have that taunting peanlty which I think you are taking a little too seriously he won't do that again the coaches probably told him to stop that. As for Thomas he has had some hot and cold moments but with a definite starter in the middle I don't feel the need to trade a first day pick for backups you can do that if you feel like it but I won't make that move.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

id say grab him.. and toss him in the mix. i'm sure he won't be starting for us right off the bat. but give him 3 weeks, maybe 4
    and he'll be in that rotation.. if he is able to outperform he moves up. if he stays in the mix.. it's just another pro level player we can hold and help this team win.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    He's a leader.

We need a leader there.
    What did Harris do for you to say that he was fine at dropping into coverage and helping to move in and stop the run. He did have that taunting peanlty which I think you are taking a little too seriously he won't do that again the coaches probably told him to stop that. As for Thomas he has had some hot and cold moments but with a definite starter in the middle I don't feel the need to trade a first day pick for backups you can do that if you feel like it but I won't make that move.
    When have I said anything good about Harris?
    I never said anything about Harris except for he's done nothing but look stupid.
    I wasn't talkingb about any specifics.
    I made a general statement.
    Please if you are going to debate things with me don't put words in my mouth.
    As far as Thomas and Nap goes they both are good atheletes with a lot of potential.
    However, they have done nothing but look stupid out there.
    If you are fine with the starters we have so be it.
    IMO I am worried about the LBers right now and I'm also worried about the WR crew.
    Until any of them prove something I will continue to worry.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"ejmat" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    He's a leader.

We need a leader there.
    I never said anything about Harris except for he's done nothing but look stupid.
    As far as Thomas and Nap goes they both are good atheletes with a lot of potential.
    IMO I am worried about the LBers right now and I'm also worried about the WR crew.
    From everything I've seen and heard, Harris is having a great camp and pre-season. The coaches sing his praise in every article you read and his teammates say he's a leader on the defense. I think our LB's have looked great so far; I'm not worried at all about going forward with the players we currently have on the defensive roster.
    I am a dipshit!!!

"boognish" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=26422.msg458293#msg458293 date=1156658138]
    He's a leader.

We need a leader there.
    From everything I've seen and heard, Harris is having a great camp and pre-season. The coaches sing his praise in every article you read and his teammates say he's a leader on the defense. I think our LB's have looked great so far; I'm not worried at all about going forward with the players we currently have on the defensive roster.
    [/quote]

That's a fair post boongish.
    I can appreciate that.
    I'm glad he has done well in camp but you really have to do it during game time.
    In 3 games, Nap has had 5 tackles.
    I'm not really sure of his playing time but to be honest I'm not real impressed by watching him so far.
    I hope he picks it up and shuts me up but until he proves himself or any of the other LBers besides EJ and Leber, I will continue to think we need help there.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

He does have a back that is bothering him (he hasn't be playin much at all). This is what concerns me: he is a bit older, wants a big pay day (probably thinking it'll be his last), and he has a bad back. I do agree that we need some depth, but I'm not sold on Edwards as being the answer. Maybe it's just me, but a MLB with a bad back isn't too appealing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast