Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Edwards: "NFL Officials Hate Vikings"

Ray Edwards Says He Thinks NFL Officials 'Hate the Vikings'

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/04/ray-edwards-says-nfl-officials-hate-the-vikings/

Minnesota Vikings Ray Edwardsdefensive lineman Ray Edwards has a simple philosophy on why he's been fined and penalized so much this season -- NFL officials have it in for him.

"I think they just hate the Vikings," Edwards said on Monday, per Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com.

None

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Edwards: "NFL Officials Hate Vikings"

Could somebody please duct tape this fool's mouth shut? Every time he opens it, something stupid comes out.

It's one thing for fans to gripe about it...but when a player comes out and says that, it just sounds ridiculous.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I actually don't have a problem with this. He's stating the obvious. He's going to get fined for it I'm sure, another fine for him to appeal.

I hate all the PC things players so, well its the rules, it happens, blah blah blah. I think its kind of refreshing for a player to come out and say what I've been thinking for a while.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Every fan thinks that the NFL is biased against their team. It is understandable for a fan to think that - confirmation bias allows to see the questionable calls against us but fail to see the ones that play in our favor.

However, for a professional football player to not only think that, but voice it... That is just plain dumb.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Every fan thinks that the NFL is biased against their team. It is understandable for a fan to think that - confirmation bias allows to see the questionable calls against us but fail to see the ones that play in our favor.

However, for a professional football player to not only think that, but voice it... That is just plain dumb.
    I agree with you up to a point....

but when the calf-roping celebration is now subject to a fine and the Lameblow leap is not, I think that there is some basis for a claim of bias.

Caine

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Caine wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

I agree with you up to a point....

but when the calf-roping celebration is now subject to a fine and the Lameblow leap is not, I think that there is some basis for a claim of bias.

Caine
    +1

Bias is now written into the rule book.
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    In terms of fines, it doesn't help the NFL's image that there isn't a central place on their website to go and see all of the fines that are levied for a certain week. So - as fans of the Vikings - we see the ones that involve our team, not necessarily all of the others.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

delviking is offline Starter

i think edwards needs to learn to not be so vocal.

but he does have a point the rule has been in place for yrs and just now after 7yrs of allen doing his celebration they come out and say fine and penalty.

allen showed how much he cared by saying that hed still do it if it was just a fine.

i do see some biased calls for teams such as the colts, pats, and a few other markiee teams thought the vikes shouldnt be one of the teams singled out on the bad list since were one of the longer running franchise to not move or have any long droughts of non winning seasons.

just my opinon though

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He will get a huge new contract next year that will include enough to reimburse him for this years fines and all of this will just be a distant memory.

Maybe if we would just suck it up and win a SB we wouldn't be a target of the refs any more.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

No problem with Edwards saying this.

I honestly secretly agree with him. 2 NFC Championship games in question, Allen always getting a 'stern talkin to', and the like leads me to think as such.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast