Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Edwards: 'I let them down'

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I'd really like to find out what it is that he took.

I'm thinking it was some sort of fat burner, since he said it wasn't FDA approved, and those usually are not. So some kind of stimulant such as ephedra. Hydroxycut type products contain stimulants which basically elevate your heart rate and increase your metabolism. Edwards is a pretty lean guy already, but I guess he wanted to get his body fat down even more.

But this is all speculation, by me haha.

I like what I read about Edwards, hopefully we keep him around and he can produce for us next season.

Like Marrdro said, he has huge upside.
    Mr. A.
    A personal question that you can say "F off Marrdro I don't want to go there" .
    A little background before the question.

Wildman and a couple of his buddies (on his baseball team) were over and the topic came up about Clemens and steroids and the boys led me to believe that they know more about this stuff than I.
    Seems it might be a bit more prevalent than I thought and this causes me concern.

What if anything do you do to bulk up and what should I look for (as a parent) to make sure Wildman isn't trying to get an edge up on others?
    It's no problem, I get asked this question all the time.

I know guys who spend loads of cash on supplements and protein. Who eat like horses and work their asses of in the gym, but still struggle to put on any mass.

But that's not me. Honestly, I do nothing special. I lift and I eat. I try to eat clean, but I'm by no means strict with my diet. I don't stick to my lifting routine for more than a few weeks at a time. I skip workouts and slack in the gym. I've never take a supplement or drank a protein shake in my life. I think I'm just genetically blessed. I make huge strength and muscle mass gains really quickly. My friends call it my Viking genetics.

Last fall I went from a 275 pound bench press max to a 355 pound max from September to Thanksgiving. I did this doing just low-rep, high weight exercises. I did 5-3-1-3-5 pyramids(5 reps, 3 reps, 1 rep, 3 reps, 5 reps) on Monday and Friday and 8-6-4-6-8 pyramids on wednesdays.

Monday I did upper body, Wednesday I did a combo day, and Friday I did lower body. And that worked extremely well for me, but everyone is different.

I think you should encourage Wildman to get an edge up on others... but to do it legally and naturally
    ;D

But don't expect really big, fast results like I had. Not everyone has the genetic makeup and bone structure to put on muscle mass the way I did, and hoping for big results can lead to a lot of frustration.

Start slow, when you get in to the swing of things you can kick it up a notch.

And remember, keep the cupboard and fridge stocked
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

I'm thinking it was some sort of fat burner, since he said it wasn't FDA approved, and those usually are not. So some kind of stimulant such as ephedra. Hydroxycut type products contain stimulants which basically elevate your heart rate and increase your metabolism. Edwards is a pretty lean guy already, but I guess he wanted to get his body fat down even more.

I like what I read about Edwards, hopefully we keep him around and he can produce for us next season.

Mr. A.

Wildman and a couple of his buddies (on his baseball team) were over and the topic came up about Clemens and steroids and the boys led me to believe that they know more about this stuff than I.
    Seems it might be a bit more prevalent than I thought and this causes me concern.

What if anything do you do to bulk up and what should I look for (as a parent) to make sure Wildman isn't trying to get an edge up on others?

I know guys who spend loads of cash on supplements and protein. Who eat like horses and work their dimply buttocks of in the gym, but still struggle to put on any mass.

But that's not me. Honestly, I do nothing special. I lift and I eat. I try to eat clean, but I'm by no means strict with my diet. I don't stick to my lifting routine for more than a few weeks at a time. I skip workouts and slack in the gym. I've never take a supplement or drank a protein shake in my life. I think I'm just genetically blessed. I make huge strength and muscle mass gains really quickly. My friends call it my Viking genetics.

Last fall I went from a 275 pound bench press max to a 355 pound max from September to Thanksgiving. I did this doing just low-rep, high weight exercises. I did 5-3-1-3-5 pyramids(5 reps, 3 reps, 1 rep, 3 reps, 5 reps) on Monday and Friday and 8-6-4-6-8 pyramids on wednesdays.

Monday I did upper body, Wednesday I did a combo day, and Friday I did lower body. And that worked extremely well for me, but everyone is different.

I think you should encourage Wildman to get an edge up on others... but to do it legally and naturally
    ;D

But don't expect really big, fast results like I had. Not everyone has the genetic makeup and bone structure to put on muscle mass the way I did, and hoping for big results can lead to a lot of frustration.

;D
    As always, this site is great.
    Excellent response Mr. A.

One more question. Are there things out there I should watch for?
    Indicators that would lead me to believe he is doing something that isn't on the up and up.

The all lift together under the coaches watchfull eye, unless they go someplace (a parents house) to lift.

Our house was the gymn of choice yesterday, that is how I overheard them talking about it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Mr. A.

I know guys who spend loads of cash on supplements and protein. Who eat like horses and work their dimply buttocks of in the gym, but still struggle to put on any mass.

;D

;D

Indicators that would lead me to believe he is doing something that isn't on the up and up.

The all lift together under the coaches watchfull eye, unless they go someplace (a parents house) to lift.

Our house was the gymn of choice yesterday, that is how I overheard them talking about it.
    If you're talking about steroids? I'd look for an empty wallet, mood swings, large gains quickly, and increased acne... but in teens it's difficult to tell, since many of those things are prevalent without steroid use.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Mr. A.

;D

;D

If you're talking about steroids? I'd look for an empty wallet, mood swings, large gains quickly, and increased acne... but in teens it's difficult to tell, since many of those things are prevalent without steroid use.
    Thanks.
    I am probably over reacting anyway.
    Just the Dad in me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234