Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Edwards: 'I let them down'

I'd really like to find out what it is that he took.

I'm thinking it was some sort of fat burner, since he said it wasn't FDA approved, and those usually are not. So some kind of stimulant such as ephedra. Hydroxycut type products contain stimulants which basically elevate your heart rate and increase your metabolism. Edwards is a pretty lean guy already, but I guess he wanted to get his body fat down even more.

But this is all speculation, by me haha.

I like what I read about Edwards, hopefully we keep him around and he can produce for us next season.

Like Marrdro said, he has huge upside.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    I'd really like to find out what it is that he took.

I'm thinking it was some sort of fat burner, since he said it wasn't FDA approved, and those usually are not. So some kind of stimulant such as ephedra. Hydroxycut type products contain stimulants which basically elevate your heart rate and increase your metabolism. Edwards is a pretty lean guy already, but I guess he wanted to get his body fat down even more.

But this is all speculation, by me haha.

I like what I read about Edwards, hopefully we keep him around and he can produce for us next season.

Like Marrdro said, he has huge upside.
    Mr. A.
    A personal question that you can say "F off Marrdro I don't want to go there" .
    A little background before the question.

Wildman and a couple of his buddies (on his baseball team) were over and the topic came up about Clemens and steroids and the boys led me to believe that they know more about this stuff than I.
    Seems it might be a bit more prevalent than I thought and this causes me concern.

What if anything do you do to bulk up and what should I look for (as a parent) to make sure Wildman isn't trying to get an edge up on others?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    No shit.
    Pull your head out of your ass!
    LMAO....well said.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If a guy does something wrong and learns from it, I don't hold it against him. If he tries to cover it up and acts like a jackass afterwards acting like the people still owe him something then I don't have much time for them.

I hope he has put it behind him and gets back to doing his job the right way next year.
    Agreed Uff.
    It's one thing to violate a contract or rule but it's another to act like a jackass about it.
    Now if it becomes a pattern that's a different story.
    Oh yeah, you can't support them forever. If t becomes a pattern or a trend you eventually need to cut the ties.
    All that being said, Edwards deserves a second chance but as Ultra said, he needs to get his head out of his ass and make sure what is right and wrong.
    I thought the story was that he took a supplement that had a banned substance in it.
    In that case, then he needs to get his head out of his ass and use the freaking phone number that ALL NFL players are given to check whether or not his supplement is on the "good" list.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If a guy does something wrong and learns from it, I don't hold it against him. If he tries to cover it up and acts like a jackass afterwards acting like the people still owe him something then I don't have much time for them.

I hope he has put it behind him and gets back to doing his job the right way next year.
    Agreed Uff.
    It's one thing to violate a contract or rule but it's another to act like a jackass about it.
    Oh yeah, you can't support them forever. If t becomes a pattern or a trend you eventually need to cut the ties.
    All that being said, Edwards deserves a second chance but as Ultra said, he needs to get his head out of his ass and make sure what is right and wrong.
    I thought the story was that he took a supplement that had a banned substance in it.
    In that case, then he needs to get his head out of his ass and use the freaking phone number that ALL NFL players are given to check whether or not his supplement is on the "good" list.

=Z=
    Yes that is what we said.
    He needs to get his head out of his heads and ensure what he takes is approved by the league.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=41219.msg701823#msg701823 date=1199369252]
    If a guy does something wrong and learns from it, I don't hold it against him. If he tries to cover it up and acts like a j~~~~~~s afterwards acting like the people still owe him something then I don't have much time for them.

Agreed Uff.
    It's one thing to violate a contract or rule but it's another to act like a j~~~~~~s about it.
    All that being said, Edwards deserves a second chance but as Ultra said, he needs to get his head out of his jiggly butt and make sure what is right and wrong.
    In that case, then he needs to get his head out of his jiggly butt and use the freaking phone number that ALL NFL players are given to check whether or not his supplement is on the "good" list.

=Z=
    He needs to get his head out of his heads and ensure what he takes is approved by the league.
    [/quote]
    You would think, and I am sure it is so, that every teams medical and conditioning departments would/should help them out in this area.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=41219.msg701826#msg701826 date=1199369730]
    If a guy does something wrong and learns from it, I don't hold it against him. If he tries to cover it up and acts like a j~~~~~~s afterwards acting like the people still owe him something then I don't have much time for them.

Agreed Uff.
    It's one thing to violate a contract or rule but it's another to act like a j~~~~~~s about it.
    All that being said, Edwards deserves a second chance but as Ultra said, he needs to get his head out of his jiggly butt and make sure what is right and wrong.
    In that case, then he needs to get his head out of his jiggly butt and use the freaking phone number that ALL NFL players are given to check whether or not his supplement is on the "good" list.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    You would think, and I am sure it is so, that every teams medical and conditioning departments would/should help them out in this area.
    [/quote]

See, I think the big difference here is that Edwards owned up to it... admitted he made a mistake and says he should have checked with the guys he has.
    The guy made a stupid mistake and he knows it.
    Not sure why everyone wants to throw him under a train over it.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=41219.msg701829#msg701829 date=1199369845]

Agreed Uff.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

See, I think the big difference here is that Edwards owned up to it... admitted he made a mistake and says he should have checked with the guys he has.
    [/quote]

Most of us aren't throwing him under a train.
    In fact most of us agree with what you are saying in the fact he owned up to it.
    However, we are also saying he had resources to tell him right from wrong and didn't use them.
    For that he needs to get his head out of his ass because it did hurt the team.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Oh well

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=41219.msg701829#msg701829 date=1199369845]

Agreed Uff.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I'm not.
    I am only speculating on whether or not teams offer assistance with determining what is and isn't advisable to take.

I think I supported him coming back in my first post but can't remember.
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast