BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Edwards: 'I let them down'

No shit.
    Pull your head out of your ass!

I think he is going to learn from his mistake. Hopefully he works hard this offseason and comes back faster and stronger.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

According to this he did not take steroids, but talks of it like it were some kind of food supplement that contained more than advertised.

It's still very unprofessional if that excuse is actually true.

I'm still not convinced that I want him back on the team. Which is the same that goes for Smith and Scott. Idiots are unreliable.

"cogitans" wrote:
    According to this he did not take steroids, but talks of it like it were some kind of food supplement that contained more than advertised.

I'm still not convinced that I want him back on the team. Which is the same that goes for Smith and Scott. Idiots are unreliable.
    It is one mistake..I think he will be able to come back a better person and player after this incident. Smith and Scott on the other hand deserve to be cut from the team. Smith has had more then 1 incident and the way Scott acted to the police is just unacceptable.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

It is one mistake..I think he will be able to come back a better person and player after this incident. Smith and Scott on the other hand deserve to be cut from the team. Smith has had more then 1 incident and the way Scott acted to the police is just unacceptable.
    Well maybe. I'm just not sure.

If I were the coaches I would take a long hard look at the actual facts surrounding this violation. I'm always for being very tough on illegal substances. It's the absolute worst in sports to me.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I'm sure we will address the RDE position this offseason, but we need Ray back so we can continue with the rotation system we have implemented. Imagine a double digit sack monster at RDE, backed up by Ray, with Robison in the rotation spelling both ends.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Scott doesn't even need to be cut.
    He is an UFA.
    I wouldn't re-sign him.
    IMO he is nothing but selfish.
    I liked him last year.
    I saw a lot of talent and promise in him.
    Hewever when he started the season wanting the coaching staff to hand him the starting job then breaks the law and expects to get out of it becasue he is an NFL player, to me he doesn't deserve to play anywhere.
    He needs to earn playing time and respect.
    This season he lost both.

Back to Edwards, there is no doubt he worked hard last off season.
    He became a good DE.
    Since we don't know what substance he actually used it's hard for me to lean one way or the other.
    IMO it's not an excuse not to know.
    There are trainers out there in which it is their jobs to tell the players what is legal and what isn't.
    Obviously Ray didn't take the necessary precautions.
    However, when I compare Ray Edwards to people like Smith and Scott he seems to be more remorse about what he did.
    Whereas Smith and Scott don't seem to give a shit at all.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

He'll be back, way to much upside and as I've said repeatedly, we need a lot of guys to keep the legs fresh towards the end of the year.

The loss of Ray and basically no help from Erasmus really showed in the last two games.

Ray will provide much needed depth behind our new RDE they are going to go out and get in the FA period.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If a guy does something wrong and learns from it, I don't hold it against him. If he tries to cover it up and acts like a jackass afterwards acting like the people still owe him something then I don't have much time for them.

I hope he has put it behind him and gets back to doing his job the right way next year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast