Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Eddie Rife

  1. #1
    Edward Rife is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1

    Eddie Rife

    Can't wait to see coach's pick between Cassle, Bridgewater, and as for today coach has not yet counted Ponder out, of the starting Quarterback position.

  2. #2
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540
    SPOILER ALERT...

    It will be Cassle as the starter, Bridgewater as backup, and we'll probably trade/cut Ponder and sign TJ Yates.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #3
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    SPOILER ALERT...

    It will be Cassle as the starter, Bridgewater as backup, and we'll probably trade/cut Ponder and sign TJ Yates.
    Do TJ Yates, Gary Kubiak and the Ravens might upset some of that

  4. #4
    Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    86
    Why would you cut a backup, who you are paying regardless, to sign another backup...who has no future as a starter...TO BE YOUR #3? Why does Ponder have to get cut? He's professional and so is everybody else on the team. I think some people look at it too much like an ex girlfriend who did you wrong and now she has to not exist. If we get offered a draft pick for him, fair enough. It probably would have happened by now though.

  5. #5
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779
    Texans ship T.J. Yates to Falcons for Akeem Dent | ProFootballTalk

    Oops

    Yates was trade to Falcons so he isn't headed north to be the Vikes #3

  6. #6
    phaninphx is online now Training Camp
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    46
    I really don't think there's going to be much QB controversy for us this year. I've seen a few articles that brush on this subject but I think that's because June is a slow news month for the NFL. I prefer for QB's to take a watch-and-learn approach to the position. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I don't see Bridgewater starting until midseason. And that's fine by me, I thought Cassel played pretty well at the end of last season.

    I don't see us cutting Ponder. The way his contract is structured, it wouldn't save us a lot of cap space. We'll just ride this last year out and chalk it up as a bad draft pick.

  7. #7
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    241
    Blog Entries
    1

    Eddie Rife

    I think bridgewater will start if he continue to make progress he might be wat tha vikings was missing like wilson was in sea

  8. #8
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Texans ship T.J. Yates to Falcons for Akeem Dent | ProFootballTalk

    Oops

    Yates was trade to Falcons so he isn't headed north to be the Vikes #3
    Yup, they traded him instead of releasing him... which is what was originally reported. Smart move for both Atlanta and Houston.

    Still hope Ponder isn't on the final 53 man roster. He needs a change of scenery and we need an upgrade at the #3 QB position.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    I really don't think there's going to be much QB controversy for us this year. I've seen a few articles that brush on this subject but I think that's because June is a slow news month for the NFL. I prefer for QB's to take a watch-and-learn approach to the position. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I don't see Bridgewater starting until midseason. And that's fine by me, I thought Cassel played pretty well at the end of last season.

    I don't see us cutting Ponder. The way his contract is structured, it wouldn't save us a lot of cap space. We'll just ride this last year out and chalk it up as a bad draft pick.
    So... you're fine with us paying our 3rd string QB $3.2M this year?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    So... you're fine with us paying our 3rd string QB $3.2M this year?
    Not really.

    The question ... is Eddie Rife available via trade. Is he better than Ponder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •