Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Early Power Rankings

In those three games we lostm much more blame can be put on the defense instead of Burleson. He does not have to be Moss, he just has to be Burleson again. Same with the rest of our offense. Nobody exects our offense to be as good, but the bottom line is our defense got much better than our offense got worse.

Tice uses all of his offensive weapons well.
    Tennesee: we chose to run the ball more and it was effective. Moore had 138 yds and we ran for 158 yards total.
    Giants: Nate caught out only TD pass of the game even though the whole offense struggled.
    Indy: Nate's only caught was a TD, plus he had that sweet Punt return. Our horrible D meant we had the ball less and Pep only had 19 pass attempts.
    GB: Nate was great, the D blew it.
    Detroit: the only game where i expected more of Nate, but he still did have a TD catch.

Saying Nate wasn't good when Moss was out just doesn't work.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

I'm as hopeful as anyone here. The only thing that makes me nervous is will the D gel as a unit? The offense doesn't concern me too much, I think Nate is a legit #1 receiver and between M-Rob Troy and Taylor there should be enough support there to give him help. The running game should be solid with 5 good backs, counting Daunte the ultimate threat. I see no reason why there should be concern on O, even without Moss... the D though must gel if the Vikes are going to the Super Bowl as I think most of us are hoping to see!

Sig courtesy of josdin00

freaky is offline Starter

i'm not saying nate can't be effective, but he sure as sh*t isn't moss & to just say our offense was still dominant & we just kept rolling along during those weeks is a cop-out. my point is, he has to be more than just burleson again. he has to make another major step again for us to remain strong on offense. robinson is a bit-part player, williamson is most likely too raw, t.taylor is all potential, & campbell...well, is all trouble! still, we hardly have the running game to fall back on yet.
    don't get me wrong, i adore my vikes & hope all these pieces fall into place but let's not get complacent about where we are really at.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"freaky" wrote:
    Yeah i vaguely remember...

week 6: TENN 3, MINN 20 (Nate 6-53)
    week 7: NYG 34, MINN 13 (Nate 6-43)
    week 8: MINN 28, IND 31 (Nate 1-8)
    week 9: MINN 31, G/B 34 (Nate 11-141)
    week 10: DET 19, MINN 22 (Nate 5-52)

that's what...2-3 record & fark all out of nate, excluding v G/B of course. let's not overstate what we achieved without randy. the lack of power on offense was blatantly obvious!
    We played the Colts and the Packers close. Both teams won they're division. Both games were field goal losses, field goals that wont be happening verses the Purple People Eaters of 2005 :twisted: . The Giants beat us due to our pothetic defense.
    (Tiki ran all over us, not happening against K-Will and P-Will ). Our offense also has Taylor Fason and Williamson now. Players we didn't have in 2004. I'll take the Vikes of 2005 over the Vikes of 2004 any day, hands down.
    Can anyone honestly disagree??? :roll:

SKOL to the Purple People Eaters of 2005 ccasion5:

freaky is offline Starter

don't agree dude...think those field goal losses flattered us immensely. that's been one of our traits these past couple of years; we get comfortably beaten but rally late w/ hurry-up offense to give the impression we lost a close one.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Here's CBSSportsline's version of the Power Rankings, which I feel is bogus! http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

C'mon, the Vikes #10, behind the Jaguars, the Broncos, the Chargers, and the Ravens (their offense still horrid, Kyle Boller is a fluke and a half!)

It refers to Moss like he was the whole team....he's not and he was hurt most of the year so he didn't do much in terms of long TDs last year....he is the best, but he's just a reciever, not a QB , so I don't feel the loss of him drops us to #10....I agree with #5...thats fair.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"freaky" wrote:
    Yeah i vaguely remember...

week 6: TENN 3, MINN 20 (Nate 6-53)
    week 7: NYG 34, MINN 13 (Nate 6-43)
    week 8: MINN 28, IND 31 (Nate 1-8)
    week 9: MINN 31, G/B 34 (Nate 11-141)
    week 10: DET 19, MINN 22 (Nate 5-52)

that's what...2-3 record & fark all out of nate, excluding v G/B of course. let's not overstate what we achieved without randy. the lack of power on offense was blatantly obvious!
    Dude, we barely lost against the Colts and Packers, 2 playoff teams from last year...I'm not totally bummed bcuz we lost 2 games by a FG...thats just the way it goes sometimes....we will be fine!!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456