Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Early Power Rankings

OK, since I was the first one to bitch about the rankings at the beginning here is my top 5 (no I don't think the Vikes are #1 in the power rankings anyway)

1) New England- Two time defending champs. Belichick has a way of making everything work. They're still #1 until someone dethrones them.
    2) Philly- Was #2 last year, still has a beast of a Defense and a very good offense (considering T.O. shows up) As much as I want them to suck, they'll be good.
    3) Minnesota- I put the Vikes at three because they'll have a top 10 offense AND defense this year. They'll finally be balanced and have a killer combination of O and D.
    4) Atlanta- I think Vick is overrated as a QB but he carries the Falcons, and in that division, as long as Ron Mexico doesn't get hurt, they'll have a cake walk to the division title.
    5) Indianapolis- Still has Manning and a great offense. Spent too much money keeping Manning and Harrison together however, and has neglected defense. They'll be good again for their offense, but won't be able to get it done unless their D surprises everyone.

These are my top 5 based on strenghth of team...someone will come out of nowhere and surprise everyone to finish in the top 5, and maybe the Super Bowl, just like has happened every year (The Rams a few years back, the Steelers last year). But these 5 teams have the best shot at winning a Super Bowl in my opinion.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ltrey33" wrote:
    OK, since I was the first one to beeyatch about the rankings at the beginning here is my top 5 (no I don't think the Vikes are #1 in the power rankings anyway)

1) New England- Two time defending champs. Belichick has a way of making everything work. They're still #1 until someone dethrones them.
    2) Philly- Was #2 last year, still has a beast of a Defense and a very good offense (considering T.O. shows up) As much as I want them to suck, they'll be good.
    3) Minnesota- I put the Vikes at three because they'll have a top 10 offense AND defense this year. They'll finally be balanced and have a killer combination of O and D.
    4) Atlanta- I think Vick is overrated as a QB but he carries the Falcons, and in that division, as long as Ron Mexico doesn't get hurt, they'll have a cake walk to the division title.
    5) Indianapolis- Still has Manning and a great offense. Spent too much money keeping Manning and Harrison together however, and has neglected defense. They'll be good again for their offense, but won't be able to get it done unless their D surprises everyone.

These are my top 5 based on strenghth of team...someone will come out of nowhere and surprise everyone to finish in the top 5, and maybe the Super Bowl, just like has happened every year (The Rams a few years back, the Steelers last year). But these 5 teams have the best shot at winning a Super Bowl in my opinion.
    Thats pretty fair, I like it. I may have changed Atlanta and Indy, but thats a close one.

Looper is offline Waterboy

The further down they rank us, all the better I think. Hell, I wish they'd rank us 32nd. I'd love to be overlooked - all the better to sneak up on people.

I think they got it about right though, putting us right around the top third.

freaky is offline Starter

what...like cleveland?

"freaky" wrote:
    nothing else to say...dude, losing moss has more impact on an offense than just losing moss! burleson emerged as a back-up & now has to go to a completely different level as no.1 with topline coverage. now a number two has to emerge as burleson did, but from where...who's the no.2 now? campbell, robinson, taylor...no one? if none of them come to grips with it, we ain't lookin' so pooh hot. as for defense, c'mon there are so many new players. all have reputation, but what does that count for? they might never click as a unit. you can't just add that many new additions and expect miracles. i only spoke of injuries because we have a lack of depth to cover them.
    Yeah....it's not like we spent our draft pick on a reciever or anything...oh wait, yeah we did!

freaky is offline Starter

hey...ltrey33...

Are u suggesting troy williamson will be no.2? Big call for a rookie if so. In time definitely, but if it happens quickly then i iz gonna be rather aroused......................!!!

aceclown is offline Coach

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    We will be one of the best teams in the NFL next year, with our rebuilt D>
    Thank you captain obvious. You really went out on limb making that bold statement.

Chuch.

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

My sleeper pick...New Orleans Saints...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"aceclown" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    We will be one of the best teams in the NFL next year, with our rebuilt D>
    Thank you captain obvious. You really went out on limb making that bold statement.
    Don't be a dink!

"XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:
    My sleeper pick...New Orleans Saints...
    I can agree with that. They've had very good talent,but they've been schizophrenic. They're always potentially dangerous.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast