Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    freaky is offline Starter

Early Power Rankings

1. N/England...All over game, improved by inclusion of Dwight, Starks & Terrell (who will finally show something!)

2. Indianapolis...Settled lineup. Power offense will again hurt, plus minor upgrades on d.

3. Baltimore...Fort Knox gets stronger with inclusion of Rolle. Boller CAN step up and will be aided by option of Mason.

4. Philadelphia...Like N/Eng, settled lineup with all the same weapons, excluding freddie of course pinkston will again be the nfl's greatest decoy.

5. Minnesota...Defense will take enough heat off offense to give it time to gel...hooray!! Honestly, the off will still click like a bitch!!

6. Pittsburgh...Does everyone just think Benny will keep finding this caper easy? C'mon, he will come back to earth with some 2nd year blues! Def will suffocate again, with enough quality on off to grind out plenty of results.

7. K/City...The forgotten team for me! Still got all the weapons on offense...sure no defense (although possible improvement??), but Indy anyone? Too many guns on off to keep them quiet...watch this space!

8. Atlanta...Just won't go away despite how much no one rates them!!! Why? Vick! No one will touch the guy, but at least we now know why! Efficient again with tough def (+ Hartwell) & gritty run off.

9. Jax...Defense grit strengthened with several inclusions, capacity to step up on off w/ Leftwich a weapon when healthy.

10. Carolina...return of S.Smith, Wahle helps Delhomme no end. Enough quality here to gel.

*What does eveyone think? Just a bit of friendly "what if"...

(try not to make Minn. 1 please!!!)

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Early Power Rankings

Why not?! Maybe we think the Vikes are the best team in the league.

And as far as Kansas City being number 7, I say no way (they're still old, and did a little to improve their defense, but not enough). Baltimore at 3, no (they still have no offense, and there is no proof Boller will step up) Not sure if I agree with you on those picks.

From our shortcomings last year on defense to no. 1... with a handful of vet signings & the loss of our biggest offensive weapon? A little realism methinks.

K/C still old, yeah...but mighty effective. Maybe not 7 but will bounce back in some way. Patriots aren't spring chicks either but maximise their output.

Baltimore had less offense last year but were still in the top echelon. The defense sure looks nasty again...which means it wont take much impovement on offense.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I actually have a friend who is a 49ers fan who today told me his pick to win the superbowl.

None other than the Vikes baby!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

i think we should be infront of philly and baltimore. baltimore doesnt have an offense.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

colts, #2? Why

colts #2...

offense remains unchanged & don't know who can stop them putting up the numbers most weeks. there will be occasions outdoors where they will not hit their targets and have their speed/space advantage like last year, but not too often. they just know each other & their routes so well. makes them hard to stop. any improvement (it can't get worse!) on the other side of the ball will help even more. peyton's just got temperament that is hard to waiver. i'd LOVE to be wrong with the colts, but they keep hanging in.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I put colts at 5 or 6, Minnesota at 3( for now) behind phily at the number 2 spot and new England at 1

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

We will be one of the best teams in the NFL next year, with our rebuilt D>
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

coreyd is offline Coach

I think Philly is going to come to a turning point this season. I make this judgement becuase I feel that a lot of the teams success comes from the players attitudes towards the team (look at Moss). I feel that the T.O. problems are going to add to negative feelings towards him. I know its only one person on the team, but it effects everybody on the team, and everybody has thoughts about it. This is not the only reason why they are going to flop, but it is one that will add to the mix.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast