Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Early Mock Draft

"Fresno" wrote:
    C Mac D: As a long-time Oregon Ducks season ticket holder and major fan, I have to say to that I think Dixon is too small for NFL success. I might be wrong, and would happily admit it if I am, because he is a lot of fun to watch this year.

Then again, it could be my own failings it not fully comprehending the KAO: he might be the perfect QB for it.

Whe it comes to the QB decision that seems to be looming, I am all for NOT drafting a QB high. I would rather go the free agent route, and use our (apparently inevitable) very high pick on the best WR or pass rusher available...maybe an OL.
    Nice post. While he may be too small for NFL success, I do agree with you that he is a lot of fun to watch this year.

This is why I like Dixon: When Dixon is under pressure, I don't see confusion or mass hysteria, I see poise and confidence in his pocket presence. If the pocket breaks down, he is able to make plays with his feet... but it doesn't mean that he is strickly a rushing quarterback.

When they played Michigan this year, I saw him pull off some perfectly executed play actions. He was making plays on his own and really overtook that game. I never sense urgency in his play.

While, yes... he may be small, I think he is a playmaker.

But damn... he is fun to watch now.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

If Darrent McFadden goes to the patriots there is something incredibly wrong going on in the NFL.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"MNgriff" wrote:
    Ugh even in a mock draft the idea of taking a QB with a high pick just sends shivers down my spine. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...players/3.html
    A quarterback is probably the most worth it. What if we get it right. Then we are a good team for a decade.

High pick WRs can be total busts too see Troy Williamson.

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    If Darrent McFadden goes to the patriots there is something incredibly wrong going on in the NFL.
    You mean Goodell destroying ALL the evidence of the Patriots' cheating wasn't enough proof?

Frostbite is offline Coach

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I have been suspicious of Patriots "deals" and the Supposed "Salary Cap" that never seems to effect them for several years now.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

They should take a few seasons off to let everyone catch up...

Frostbite is offline Coach

"C" wrote:
    "Fresno" wrote:
    C Mac D: As a long-time Oregon Ducks season ticket holder and major fan, I have to say to that I think Dixon is too small for NFL success. I might be wrong, and would happily admit it if I am, because he is a lot of fun to watch this year.

Then again, it could be my own failings it not fully comprehending the KAO: he might be the perfect QB for it.

Whe it comes to the QB decision that seems to be looming, I am all for NOT drafting a QB high. I would rather go the free agent route, and use our (apparently inevitable) very high pick on the best WR or pass rusher available...maybe an OL.
    Nice post. While he may be too small for NFL success, I do agree with you that he is a lot of fun to watch this year.

This is why I like Dixon: When Dixon is under pressure, I don't see confusion or mass hysteria, I see poise and confidence in his pocket presence. If the pocket breaks down, he is able to make plays with his feet... but it doesn't mean that he is strickly a rushing quarterback.

When they played Michigan this year, I saw him pull off some perfectly executed play actions. He was making plays on his own and really overtook that game. I never sense urgency in his play.

While, yes... he may be small, I think he is a playmaker.

But gol 'darnit... he is fun to watch now.

Hate to admit it but Dixon is the real deal and fun to watch....unless he's playing against you (OSU ALUM HERE) He's got all of the things you mention....and the small size....but he also has something else called Character and HEART. I seem to remember when those qualities were revered as much as tallent was in the NFL old School days. I won't hold being a DUCK against him. LOL.

I think the kid could make it in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Fran Tarkenton.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Hate to admit it but Dixon is the real deal and fun to watch....unless he's playing against you (OSU ALUM HERE) He's got all of the things you mention....and the small size....but he also has something else called Character and HEART. I seem to remember when those qualities were revered as much as tallent was in the NFL old School days. I won't hold being a DUCK against him. LOL.

I think the kid could make it in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Fran Tarkenton.

Cheers!
    Hell Yeah! Thats what I'm talking about!

Dixon in '08!!!

And Fire Childress!!!

Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

I posted this a few hours ago and left to run some errands so thats why my response is so late. I'm very surprised by what a lot of you guys are saying. First off, Matt Ryan is an unbelievable qb. Did any of you see the 2 td's in less than 2 min to win the game a few weeks ago? Thats not the only reason obviously, but it's a dose of how awsome this guy is. He does'nt have the strongest arm true (but strong enough for sure), but he has strong leadership,size (6-5 220), and best of all he is very smart and perfect to build an offense around.

I have also read a lot of D.Anderson talk not only on this site but all over. To some extent I agree with
    that idea but giving up on a 1st & 3rd is just too much for me. I am an Anderson fan and was smart enough to grab him early in my fantasy league, but understand that a lot of his stats are coming from an offense that has no running game and no defense. Also, can he make the adjustment from the system that he's in now to WCO system? I really dont know. For a 2nd rounder strait up I'd be willing to take that chance instead of giving away almost the 1st half of my draft.

I also like the idea of a strong veteran even if we do draft a qb. I thonk Pennington would be perfect for this system and we'd get'em for cheap. Thanks for all of your time. Heres a small profile and you should all consider jumping on this wagon.

//sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146254

Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

sorry about the link, here it is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146254

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast