Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Loss?

UkViking is offline Rookie

Early Loss?

I think the Vikes will win every game,(maybe blind loyalty) :cheers: ,but one player i don,t want to lose to is T.O.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Early Loss?

I see your point and yess it could get the media off our back and put the media on the eagles back in most cases could happen since we dont ever seem to win on the road. Would you want all the pressure from the media or pressure on us if we win which could be a bad thing.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Early Loss?

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Ahh yes- preparing for the inevitable already... the sign of a true fan
    Football is like a chess match involving where and when to strike. We are merely discussing the mental aspects of the game unlike some that are just plain mental :tool: But of course no one EVER talks about the possibility of the Slack losing a game :angryfire:

Sorry for the flame but it had to be done
    Only in Wisconsin (Dairyland) would they don swiss cheese and call themsleves cheddar heads.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: Early Loss?

"Bleedspurple" wrote:
    Ok probably gonna get flamed like crazy for this. Does anyone else think that losing Monday night could be advantageous at all? 1) No pressure to stay undefeated..just get that first loss out of the way. (its gona happen eventually). 2) Gets the Vikes back below the radar for pressure. They are moving up quick in power polls and exposure, and a loss would put them back into underdog status. If we do win that would puts tons of pressure on us again which I don't particularily like having... (see '98 or '00). I'm not saying I want to see a loss but would it really hurt that bad?
    That's weird, because I was about to start a thread in which I was going to predict Minnesota losing to the Eagles Monday, but then that the Vikes would beat them in the playoffs.

I agree. I think Tice is a knucklehead who believed all his own press after going 6-0 last year, and then couldn't hold the ship afloat when met with a little adversity.

I think a little adversity early would go a long way in helping the Vikes.

So here's my prediction: whoever loses Monday will make it to the NFC championship. Against the Pack, of course.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Early Loss?

"vikeroo" wrote:
    I prefer that they beat the Eagles since #1 it is an NFC foe 2# they are a common opponent for the entire division (NFC North) #3 Tie breaker in case of possible Home Field situation in playoffs down the line... If you are going to lose, lose the games vs the other conference...
    Agree 100% with this statement. You can't overestimate the value of home field to the Vikings in the playoffs, or how tough it would be to win on the road in someplace like Philly where it will be cold and windy.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Early Loss?

The vikings could easily win this game if the defense plays very well. However that is a big IF. We need to get over our road woes. I am not saying the vikes will go undefeated this season, but I will never be cheering for a loss, even if it "might" help them focus. Remember, we lost by a game last year...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Early Loss?

The defense must play extremely well and I imagine we'll need a few "breaks" to go our way. Of course, the offense must play up to potential as well with the running game success being critical to opening up the flight paths for Moss & co.
    The key: Get an early lead!

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Early Loss?

"Bleedspurple" wrote:
    Ok probably gonna get flamed like crazy for this. Does anyone else think that losing Monday night could be advantageous at all? 1) No pressure to stay undefeated..just get that first loss out of the way. (its gona happen eventually). 2) Gets the Vikes back below the radar for pressure. They are moving up quick in power polls and exposure, and a loss would put them back into underdog status. If we do win that would puts tons of pressure on us again which I don't particularily like having... (see '98 or '00). I'm not saying I want to see a loss but would it really hurt that bad?
    We need all the wins we can get...how else are we gonna go 16-0? :twisted:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Early Loss?

Certainly there are things that can be taken from a loss, but in no way is a loss ever advantageous. If it was we should try to lose.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Early Loss?

I agree that not finishing the season undefeated can help to keep a team's head on straight, but I don't want the Vikes to lose to the Iggles. I hate that the media always makes more noise about McCrab than Daunte. A loss to the Iggles would only add fuel to that fire!

As regards losses in the season being a positive situation, I am reminded of my senior year in high school. We were 6-0 and coming off of annihilating our long time rivals by a score of 40-16 (their point only coming against our scrubs late in the game) when we lost 3-0 (in OT) to a district rival. The silence on the bus ride back was palpable and our coach used that stunning loss as a reminder that we needed to keep our focus on each game. Needless to say, we did regain our focus and did not lose another game that year (which culminated in our winning the first state championship for our school since its football team started playing 11-man football). But enough rambling about my glory days...the lesson is clear, losses can galvanize a team to fulfill its potential (if used as positive motivation).

That being said, I hope that the Vikings win all of their game (up to and including the Super Bowl).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12