Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Loss?

Bleedspurple is offline Rookie

Early Loss?

Ok probably gonna get flamed like crazy for this. Does anyone else think that losing Monday night could be advantageous at all? 1) No pressure to stay undefeated..just get that first loss out of the way. (its gona happen eventually). 2) Gets the Vikes back below the radar for pressure. They are moving up quick in power polls and exposure, and a loss would put them back into underdog status. If we do win that would puts tons of pressure on us again which I don't particularily like having... (see '98 or '00). I'm not saying I want to see a loss but would it really hurt that bad?

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

Early Loss?

i understand what you mean, but i would really rather see the vikes crush the eagles!
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

vikeroo is offline Training Camp

Early Loss?

I prefer that they beat the Eagles since #1 it is an NFC foe 2# they are a common opponent for the entire division (NFC North) #3 Tie breaker in case of possible Home Field situation in playoffs down the line... If you are going to lose, lose the games vs the other conference...

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Early Loss?

"Bleedspurple" wrote:
    Ok probably gonna get flamed like crazy for this. Does anyone else think that losing Monday night could be advantageous at all? 1) No pressure to stay undefeated..just get that first loss out of the way. (its gona happen eventually). 2) Gets the Vikes back below the radar for pressure. They are moving up quick in power polls and exposure, and a loss would put them back into underdog status. If we do win that would puts tons of pressure on us again which I don't particularily like having... (see '98 or '00). I'm not saying I want to see a loss but would it really hurt that bad?

Yeah, I said the same thing in another thread, that a loss would be good for this team, especially with all the media talk about how good they are. I think if we would have lost an earlygame last year, we would have had a much better season.

I want us to win, but if we loose, I won't be too upset and it will be a learning experience for our team, and might be better for them in the longrun than a win would be.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Early Loss?

Wow guys this is something u talk about AFTER a loss, not now. There are some good points but as we all know we play our best ball when we are playing better teams. Last year we really played well against our best competition. Exept the Rams game. I expect us to win this game and i hope we dont loose to this team.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Early Loss?

Everybody in here wants our team to win. But there are certain losses that are harder to swallow than others and certain losses that can actually help a team. To me there is no doubt that the early losses last year of both Philly and New England helped spark their amazing winning streaks. Think about how much doubt everybody had in McNabb after the season start, and all the rumors that were going on about how the Patriots hate Belichick. They became underdogs and set out to prove otherwise.

I hope the Vikings win, but a loss here is not necessarily a bad thing, even if it causes us to fall a game behind the Packers who will probably win. I think it would keep us focused.

But vikingstw you are absolutely right about the Vikings rising to the occasion. Playing a great team, in the national spotlight...the Vikings usually do real well in that situation.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Early Loss?

Ahh yes- preparing for the inevitable already... the sign of a true fan
    3 Straight Division Champs

Early Loss?

i hope we beat philly and loose to some other team just cuz i hate T.O....

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Early Loss?

I wouldn't mind an early loss, as long as it's to an AFC team. Losing to Philly could make the difference between having a first round bye and having to play on the road on wild card weekend.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Early Loss?

:violent3:
    Ok probably gonna get flamed like crazy for this.
    :violent3:

The only reason we should lose a game is if someone beats us. :tongue:

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast