Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Purple D is offline Starter

Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i think it will be a very good game, both teams are run 1st and stop the run 1st, not high scoring at all. Id rather be facing CY though, i believe the titans are better with Collins than Vince. Who i am worried about is Chris Johnson, fast mofo who scares me. They better not put one of our LBs on him. Shall be a good game, and thank god i have off of work again this sun
    yeah chris johnson scares me too but look what we did to stewart, and stewart is better
    Haynesworthy is a beast , he scares me more than any of them.
    He will be their key to stopping our running game.
    It will also be our key to put a blocker on him and keep him out of the backfield.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

nailhead77 is offline Starter

This will be a much tougher test for our offens but i think an easier assignment for the D.
    They will get after gus......no doubt.
    If we can establish the PASS first (sounds crazy i know) to get them to back off a little w/o turning it over to much we will be fine.
    They will more than likely stack the box and blitz like crazy at first but all it will take is a handfull of nice quick hitches and slants in the first couple of drives and then start pounding the rock.
    No doubt to me they are better with collins.(remember what that s.o.b. did to us in the nfc championship)
    He is a much better deep threat but he will have some serious pressure to deal with.
    As far as their running game.........they wont have one!
    The D should have a lot of fun and lets just hope the O can manage a few more points this week.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Purple" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i think it will be a very good game, both teams are run 1st and stop the run 1st, not high scoring at all. Id rather be facing CY though, i believe the titans are better with Collins than Vince. Who i am worried about is Chris Johnson, fast mofo who scares me. They better not put one of our LBs on him. Shall be a good game, and thank god i have off of work again this sun
    yeah chris johnson scares me too but look what we did to stewart, and stewart is better
    Haynesworthy is a beast , he scares me more than any of them.

He will be their key to stopping our running game.

It will also be our key to put a blocker on him and keep him out of the backfield.
    haynesworth doesnt play the entire game, he doesnt know how to pace himself, im sure our interior line will take care of him.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I actually like this matchup for us, especially coming off of an emotional lifting win against the Panthers.
    If this same Titans team was coming in at 1-2 and we were 3-0 I would be more concerned (yea I know, stupid logic).

I like to see us matched up against physical teams that have similar strengths to ours.
    It becomes a game that is won by intensity and lack of mistakes.
    Both of which we were losing out on the first two games.
    This game has more meaning to us than it does to Tennessee and I think we will ride the high from this week into Tenessee and put a hurting on 'em.

We will open up with passing the ball and we will have a good game running the ball.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans try something similar. If we can limit their passing attack (don't take it for granted because of their stats, this is where teams attack us), I will take our chances in limiting their running game.
    ST's needs to step up from last week, especially in this type of game where field position and big plays are huge.

I see a medium scoring game of around 20-17 with us on top.
    The PP.O road crew will help put us over the edge so they can continue their party on the way home.

JTrain is offline Waterboy

As a lifelong Vikes fan stuck in the middle of Titans country, I get to hear about those guys an awful lot. Their D might be the only one in the NFL that could be argued to be on par with ours. Their D line is nasty, and the whole team is seriously physical. There's going to be a lot of paint-swapping as I think we'll have two dominant D's and I'd say one-and-a-half good running teams (as long as no one tell Lendale that there's food in the endzone). It's going to be a slobbernocker (Jim Ross). I'm thrilled to be going, for free nonetheless. I'm hoping for some wicked tailgating action.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Seriously guys, we are not going to win. My hopes are so low that I don't think I will even be sad after the game.
    We're bringing purple back.

you know what?

our teams are very simular.

oldddd veteran quarterbacks, bad recieving cores, decent tightends, and as everyone knows. great defences.

heres my key points of the game. some will be obvious.

*get the deep ball going
    *stop kyle vandenbosh
    *keep the game within reach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Don't let thier 3-0 record fool you.
    Thier win this weekend was a gift from a QB that threw the ball to them 3 different times.

Statistically we are a hell of alot better team then they are and have faced a hell of alot tougher apponents building those stats.

Our Defense is finally getting its game legs under themselves and our offense just might have proven to themselves, if not the rest of the world that they might just be able to score a few points once in awhile.

Titans
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=ten

Vikings
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/...=min&year=2008

If that doesn't convince you, then I will give you all a heads up.
    I am breaking out the Lucky Shirt for this one along with the purple socks Singer gave me and they have yet to lose in the 4 previous games I have gone to see them play.
    ;D ;D ;D
    I like your optimism, even if I can't share it.
    You say they only blew out their opponent because of three interceptions.
    But they've gotten at least two picks every week so far.
    They also had three touchdown drives of at least 68 yards.

And a lot of people expect Kerry Collins to be on his back all day, but he hasn't been sacked yet.
    I consider Mario Williams to be the premier defensive end in this league, and he couldn't get there.

"gregair13" wrote:
    Seriously guys, we are not going to win. My hopes are so low that I don't think I will even be sad after the game.
    I'm not that pessimistic.
    I think the Titans should probably be favored, but the Vikes have a very good chance to win this game.
    Going to be tough on the road, but that's the NFL.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

BigTitans53279 is offline Waterboy

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    First of all there not gonna be able to run on us, so Jared Allen and the rest of the D line are licken there chops becuase there gonna a field day going against Collins.
    i wouldn't expect that. jeff fisher has no problem running his backs into a brick wall over and over just to keep the other team's offense off the field.

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    I expect Collins to make a couple mistakes with all the pressure we are going to have on him, maybe leading to some defensive points.
    he is kerry collins, so i wouldn't be surprised.

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    Ar offensive just has to be ok, i would like to try and get AD in space in away of hanysworth because that guy is a beast. I could say AD breaking a couple long ones in the vikings win 24-9

i would expect a lot 4-4-3 defense from the titans. i don't know if you remember the playoff game against the ravens a few years ago when jamal lewis ran for 2000 yards that season, but we used that exclusively and held him to 30-something yards. this defense is A LOT better than that year's.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast