Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    pigskin911 is offline Training Camp

Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Couple of real good reads here...good analysis and both picking the Vikes to narrowly win!
    ;D

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/wires/story/701747.html

The Titans' secondary could have another big game versus a lackluster Minnesota passing attack, but if Peterson can control the tempo, the unit is in trouble and could yield a chunk of points.
    The key to the game?

You'll need to scroll down some to get our game...but good stuff here too!
    http://walterfootball.com/freenflpicks2008_04early.php

This seems like a pretty balanced game. And who's to say these squads aren't exactly even despite their records? The Titans' three victories have come against opponents whose combined record is 1-7. Meanwhile, the Vikings came within one score of beating the Packers and would have defeated the Colts if Tarvaris Jackson didn't completely suck.

I have to give the Vikings a slight edge because this game means much more to them. They need to catch the Packers, while the Titans are sitting pretty, up two on the Colts and Jaguars.

Plus, I like going against most casual bettors here. Tennessee is a very public team, yet Vegas set a very conspicuous short line of three. If the books wanted equal action, they would have made the spread -4.5 or -5. Why do they want so much money on the Titans?
    I wouldnt consider a 2 game lead in week 4 sitting pretty. Dont get me wrong its a good start and tennessee have positioned themselves well, but its way to early. Alot of things can happen between now and the last game. Of all people you viking fans should know,you started off 6-0 and didnt make the playoffs. Nothin is guaranteed in the nfl

Chazz is online now Coordinator

"pigskin911" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Couple of real good reads here...good analysis and both picking the Vikes to narrowly win!
    ;D

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/wires/story/701747.html

The Titans' secondary could have another big game versus a lackluster Minnesota passing attack, but if Peterson can control the tempo, the unit is in trouble and could yield a chunk of points.
    The key to the game?

You'll need to scroll down some to get our game...but good stuff here too!
    http://walterfootball.com/freenflpicks2008_04early.php

This seems like a pretty balanced game. And who's to say these squads aren't exactly even despite their records? The Titans' three victories have come against opponents whose combined record is 1-7. Meanwhile, the Vikings came within one score of beating the Packers and would have defeated the Colts if Tarvaris Jackson didn't completely suck.

I have to give the Vikings a slight edge because this game means much more to them. They need to catch the Packers, while the Titans are sitting pretty, up two on the Colts and Jaguars.

Plus, I like going against most casual bettors here. Tennessee is a very public team, yet Vegas set a very conspicuous short line of three. If the books wanted equal action, they would have made the spread -4.5 or -5. Why do they want so much money on the Titans?
    I wouldnt consider a 2 game lead in week 4 sitting pretty. Dont get me wrong its a good start and tennessee have positioned themselves well, but its way to early. Alot of things can happen between now and the last game. Of all people you viking fans should know,you started off 6-0 and didnt make the playoffs. Nothin is guaranteed in the nfl
    I'm going to start a poll on how many times you mention us going 6-0 and not making the playoffs in your arguments.

You do realize that that was a different owner and coach....right??

Ohhh.....by the way....you have made ONE Super Bowl and LOST! Sorry for pointing out your bad track record.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I do not care for offensive, last one with the ball wins, 49-45 fantasy football deluxe games. I like hard fought watch for the small stuff, ram it down your throat games. The more I read, and the more think about it, this could be my favorite game since I don't know when. Go Vikes.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122