Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

Definitely a defensive battle in this one. Hopefully we can get to Kerry Collins more than they get to Gus. These teams are set up very similarly, but one could argue that we are more talented at both the WR and the RB spot. Collins and Gus are expected to do very much of the same thing for each respective offense. Manage the game and open up the defense for
    the running game.

I always feel comfortable going against a solid running team though. The titans have fire and ice offense with Chris Johnson and Lendale White, but we have consistently been one of the best running D's in the NFL the past 3 years. If we can shut down Addai like we did, we should have no problem with Johnson and White.

Hopefully we come out running the ball down their throat and set up the pass well. If our defense can play as well as they did against the Panthers or better, we will have a good opportunity to win this game.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Don't let thier 3-0 record fool you.
    Thier win this weekend was a gift from a QB that threw the ball to them 3 different times.

Statistically we are a hell of alot better team then they are and have faced a hell of alot tougher apponents building those stats.

Our Defense is finally getting its game legs under themselves and our offense just might have proven to themselves, if not the rest of the world that they might just be able to score a few points once in awhile.

Titans
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=ten

Vikings
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/...=min&year=2008

If that doesn't convince you, then I will give you all a heads up.
    I am breaking out the Lucky Shirt for this one along with the purple socks Singer gave me and they have yet to lose in the 4 previous games I have gone to see them play.
    ;D ;D ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Heres to Kerry Collins... He may not have long left.

They seem pretty even (other then the win column).
    I say the breaker might be in special teams.
    I'm really going to miss Heath Farewell this game.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

First of all there not gonna be able to run on us, so Jared Allen and the rest of the D line are licken there chops becuase there gonna a field day going against Collins. I expect Collins to make a couple mistakes with all the pressure we are going to have on him, maybe leading to some defensive points.

Ar offensive just has to be ok, i would like to try and get AD in space in away of hanysworth because that guy is a beast. I could say AD breaking a couple long ones in the vikings win 24-9

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Turnovers will decide this game, we simply must protect the ball, and force them to make turnovers. Special teams will also have to pick it up some. I say come out throwing and hit em late with some big runs.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Haynesworth is a mental case. Remember two years ago when he stomped the Dallas Cowboys head in a game requiring many stitches. He got a five game suspension for that.
    He's had a concussion this year and he's like an animal on a mission because he didn't get a contract extension this year. This is just the kind of Defensive player I would like to play against. You can get inside his head and make him over pursue then just run inside him with AD.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"gregair13" wrote:
    Titans are going to pound Gus sooo hard.
    Not sure about that, but, I am sure that we will pound Kerry Collins into submission.
    Monday next week will feel very different than Monday this week for Mr Collins.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

i think it will be a very good game, both teams are run 1st and stop the run 1st, not high scoring at all. Id rather be facing CY though, i believe the titans are better with Collins than Vince. Who i am worried about is Chris Johnson, fast mofo who scares me. They better not put one of our LBs on him. Shall be a good game, and thank god i have off of work again this sun

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    i think it will be a very good game, both teams are run 1st and stop the run 1st, not high scoring at all. Id rather be facing CY though, i believe the titans are better with Collins than Vince. Who i am worried about is Chris Johnson, fast mofo who scares me. They better not put one of our LBs on him. Shall be a good game, and thank god i have off of work again this sun
    yeah chris johnson scares me too but look what we did to stewart, and stewart is better

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast