Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 213
  1. #101
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    "pigskin911" wrote:
    Thank you that was going to be my next post.Apparently your fellow viking friends have tunnel vision when its involving other teams then the vikings.Before you make idiotic comments do a little research so you don't sound like you dont have a clue about football
    The irony of you calling others "idiotic" while you fail to communicate effectively using the written word is not lost upon us.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #102
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,406

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    Thank you that was going to be my next post.Apparently your fellow viking friends have tunnel vision when its involving other teams then the vikings.Before you make idiotic comments do a little research so you don't sound like you dont have a clue about football
    The irony of you calling others "idiotic" while you fail to communicate effectively using the written word is not lost upon us.

    =Z=
    I wonder if people in Tennessee have discovered that spaces are supposed to come after periods yet.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #103
    pigskin911 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    41

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    [quote author=Big C link=topic=48073.msg843174#msg843174 date=1222309968]
    I think the Titans defense "looks" more dominant than they really are. The Texans and the Bengals are a mess this year and have proved they can't move the ball against ANY defense. The Jaguars are a one dimensional offense similar to ours but we have a little more talent in the passing game.

    The Vikes lost (very narrowly) to 2 playoff teams last year and beat one of the hot teams right now. So Titans have proved them selves against softer opponents while we have against stronger opponents.

    It will be a low scoring game but I think our offense will have more success than people think and we will win by more than 7 points.
    I wouldn't get a hard on to quick over those three teams you've played.All three rank in the bottom half of the league in rushing defense as well as total defense.Carolina is actually a little better but not by much.There's a big difference from being on the bottom then being in the top three.You guys will find that out for yourselves sunday
    The reason they are ranked in the bottom half of the league, is unlike the other 29 teams in the NFL, they had to face off against the great Adrian Peterson.
    Doom is comin' your way my friend...be prepared.
    Not true, unfortunately.

    Dallas' run game ripped it up in GB.
    Indy's run D has been burned by Chicago and Jacksonville as well.
    Carolina has not held a team to under 100 rushing yards all year.

    The Titans D has been stellar. Easily the best we have faced all year, both in run and pass. I still think we'll run effectively. The key then is to limit mistakes.
    Thank you that was going to be my next post.Apparently your fellow viking friends have tunnel vision when its involving other teams then the vikings.Before you make idiotic comments do a little research so you don't sound like you dont have a clue about football
    Not so quick there pigs.
    Where it is true that the teams we have played this year have been less than stellar in run D, it is also true that when game planning for the Vikings, the focus has been 90% on stopping the run and daring our inept passing game to try and beat you.
    When you consistently put 8 men in the box, you should shut down the opposing teams running games, not so against us.

    Against Carolina we showed a glimmer of willingness to throw the ball and some ability to do it (it was limited granted, but we did finally break a big pass play and scored a td throug the air, very big strides for us).
    With Gus going into his second start I think you will see more attempts at bringing the passing game into play.
    If we can have limited success with this early, the running game will be able to do what they've done all year and last year.
    If we lay an egg through the air, it will be a long game and take a herculean effort by the D to make something happen.

    Same goes for Tennessee.
    If you're expecting to win this game on the ground, expect to be disappointed.
    Collins needs to show success in the air to win this game.

    I see this as a good matchup for us and I like our chances.
    No doubt a win won't come easy, but if MN comes into this game with the intensity they showed in the second half against Carolina, TN will see its first loss.
    I look forward to seeing a lot of paint swapping in this one.
    [/quote]I agree with about putting 8 guys in the box to stop the run but at the same time you have to have the personal to do it.I feel very confident about dropin an 8th man in the box because our secondary has been playing lights out. I'll take my chances with Gus beating us with arm, but i can assure you that we will get after him and hes not going to feel comfortable back there for long.I hope you guys do establish the run for your sake,because without the run you guys are going to be in for a long day

  4. #104
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    The Titans D has been stellar. Easily the best we have faced all year, both in run and pass. I still think we'll run effectively. The key then is to limit mistakes.
    While the Titans' D was stellar against Jax in the opener, I don't see how allowing 116 yards on 18 carries to Steve Slaton and the punchless Texans is all that grand.

    I respect any defense coached by Jeff Fisher, but let's not turn the Titans into the '85 Bears, okay?

    =Z=
    So you are going to look at one stat in one game, and ignore that Schaub was held to under 200 yards and a 46% completion percentage? How about limiting Andre Johnson to 2 catches? How about 3 INTs, one for a TD? Or the 3 sacks?

    I'm not comparing them to the 85 Bears, but they are 3rd in yards allowed, 1st in points allowed, and averaging
    more than 3 sacks and 2 TOs per game. That is stellar.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #105
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,406

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    It would be stellar if Schaub was a great QB, which he isn't.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #106
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    "C" wrote:
    It would be stellar if Schaub was a great QB, which he isn't.
    Gus Frerotte < Matt Schaub
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #107
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "pigskin911" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    I think the Titans defense "looks" more dominant than they really are. The Texans and the Bengals are a mess this year and have proved they can't move the ball against ANY defense. The Jaguars are a one dimensional offense similar to ours but we have a little more talent in the passing game.

    The Vikes lost (very narrowly) to 2 playoff teams last year and beat one of the hot teams right now. So Titans have proved them selves against softer opponents while we have against stronger opponents.

    It will be a low scoring game but I think our offense will have more success than people think and we will win by more than 7 points.
    I wouldn't get a hard on to quick over those three teams you've played.All three rank in the bottom half of the league in rushing defense as well as total defense.Carolina is actually a little better but not by much.There's a big difference from being on the bottom then being in the top three.You guys will find that out for yourselves sunday
    The reason they are ranked in the bottom half of the league, is unlike the other 29 teams in the NFL, they had to face off against the great Adrian Peterson.
    Doom is comin' your way my friend...be prepared.
    Not true, unfortunately.

    Dallas' run game ripped it up in GB.
    Indy's run D has been burned by Chicago and Jacksonville as well.
    Carolina has not held a team to under 100 rushing yards all year.

    The Titans D has been stellar. Easily the best we have faced all year, both in run and pass. I still think we'll run effectively. The key then is to limit mistakes.
    Just trying to get his panties in a bunch...apparently it worked.

  8. #108
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    The Titans D is very solid.. in giving up yards to Slaton, they took away the best threat the Texans have in the passing game...

    Collins makes them more dangerous than Young did, and the young combo of Johnson and White will be a test for your defense that has to account for a passing game from the Titans.

    I wish you folks good luck on the game this weekend.. enjoy it either way.



  9. #109
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    The biggest play in this game is going to come from the defense, I feel that Winfield's sack/FF/FR/Touchdown ignited their scoring ways... AD should be solid, but I don't see any long runs this game, we will be seeing them with frequency once Mt. Mckinnie is back home next to Hutch...
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

  10. #110
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,406

    Re: Early look at Vikes vs. Titans

    "V" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It would be stellar if Schaub was a great QB, which he isn't.
    Gus Frerotte < Matt Schaub
    Wow... well, that's totally irrelevant.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. **OFFICIAL** Titans/Vikes Tailgate Thread
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
  2. Tix for Vikes at Titans
    By JediViking in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 11:12 PM
  3. Early Power Rankings Have Vikes 25th...
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
  4. IT IS A LITTLE EARLY BUT
    By vikes_ova_everyone in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 04:59 PM
  5. Vikes to AZ Early??
    By Champagne14206 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 11:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •