Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: E.J. Jobbed Out Of Comeback Player Of The Year

Next year Favre will be comeback player of the year.:sick:
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1089193
    For some reason this society admires comeback criminals more than comeback upstanding citizens. Why?
    Because Vicks season was better than Henderson's.

He not only returned, but played much better than he ever has. Same isn't true for Henderson.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1089209
    For some reason this society admires comeback criminals more than comeback upstanding citizens. Why?

He not only returned, but played much better than he ever has. Same isn't true for Henderson.

Correct

Also could add in Brandon Lloyd

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

It doesn't matter why Vick was out of the league. Fact is he was incarcerated, and no one thought he would play again, much less have a MVP caliber season. Vick deserved it. But Henderson or Mike Williams are second
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

At least EJ got paid to sit on the sidelines of the Pro Bowl. He belonged there and didn't need to take any unnecessary hits anyway. Perfect.
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1089230
    It doesn't matter why Vick was out of the league. Fact is he was incarcerated, and no one thought he would play again, much less have a MVP caliber season. Vick deserved it. But Henderson or Mike Williams are second
    It most certainly does matter why he was out. Being in jail for committing a felony shouldn't qualify you to be a "Come back player of the year" under those circumstances.

Using your logic, Plaxico Buress would be eligible when he gets out.

If committing a crime & being suspended from football because of it qualifies you to be eligible for CPOY, then Big Ben should have been in the running. After all, he took his team to the SB after overcoming the adversity of being suspended for the first for games. Right?

That's how ridiculous it is to give it to Vick.

He was suspended by the league.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089256
    It most certainly does matter why he was out. Being in jail for committing a felony shouldn't qualify you to be a "Come back player of the year" under those circumstances.
    Your opinion. I disagree.
    If Burress came back, put up huge yards and impressive TD numbers while leading his team to the playoffs, something nobody thought he'd do. Then yes, he absolutely deserves to be in the conversation.

If committing a crime & being suspended from football because of it qualifies you to be eligible for CPOY, then Big Ben should have been in the running. After all, he took his team to the SB after overcoming the adversity of being suspended for the first for games. Right?
    Possibly. However, how I see it, Comeback player is usually someone who is in a drought, a backup, or injured, then has an incredible season again. Hell, Pennington won the award twice after crap seasons. Last season, Vick was a backup, this season, he "came back", had a very good season, his best ever and led the Eagles to the postseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1089228
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1089209

Correct

Also could add in Brandon Lloyd
    Lloyd would have been a better pick than EJ IMO.

truth be told, EJ didn't play THAT great. He played solidly, but got beat a number of times. He wasn't quite at the level he was before the injury, but that's to be expected. Guys like Lloyd, who had easily the best season he's ever had, nearing the top of the league in most receiving categories, or Vick, who had the best season he's ever had and the most success runnning an offense. Mike Williams, put up respectable numbers after being out of the league for a couple seasons. All three of them I would take before EJ. Simply because, They had the best seasons they've ever had, EJ regressed.

Just because EJ is a Viking doesn't mean its some crime against humanity that he didn't win an award. The thing is, we're not that good, we're not going to win many awards this season.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I just hope and pray that K-dubb wins it next year after he takes some time off from juicing. (Sarcasm)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1089259
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089256
    Your opinion. I disagree.
    If Burress came back, put up huge yards and impressive TD numbers while leading his team to the playoffs, something nobody thought he'd do. Then yes, he absolutely deserves to be in the conversation.

Possibly. However, how I see it, Comeback player is usually someone who is in a drought, a backup, or injured, then has an incredible season again. Hell, Pennington won the award twice after crap seasons. Last season, Vick was a backup, this season, he "came back", had a very good season, his best ever and led the Eagles to the postseason.
    We all know why Vick was a backup last year & it had absolutely nothing to do with his performance the year he played in the NFL prior to that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast