Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle - KFAN interview

    [size=13pt]Tom Powers: In E.J. Henderson, the Minnesota Vikings have the right man in the middle[/size]

    Tom Powers
    twincities.com


    Article Last Updated: 05/30/2008 12:23:24 AM CDT



    Vikings Mania is nearly out of control. One year after generating zero offseason excitement, Vikings buzz is the official background noise of the Twin Cities.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    I hate to say it, but I think this is the first article written by Mr. Tom Powers that I actually find no fault with.
    Hell, I even read it twice just to make sure. My guess is someone else wrote it for him.

    ;D

    Regardless of who wrote it.
    A couple of observations....

    The Vikings had seven players selected to the Pro Bowl, and some of those choices were a joke. Guys were getting in on their reputations.
    Exactly.

    It will be interesting to see how the acquisition of pass-rushing end Jared Allen affects Henderson. The Vikings had all sorts of trouble pressuring quarterbacks in 2007. As a result, they often tried to blitz. Henderson, with 4 1/2 sacks, proved very good at that. Now he might not have to blitz as much,
    Believe it or not, I actually believe that our LB's will blitz less, but will get more sacks.
    Leslie will pick his places were they LB's come and it will be when the OL are busy trying to keep the DL off the QB's ass allowing the LB's free run to the QB.

    Nothing complex mind you, just a delayed blitz after the RB releases.
    Look for EJ to have a very nice year.

    Man it is mind boggeling when one thinks about how 1 man can open up so many options in our defensive scheme.
    Is anyone happier than I am that we paid the price for JA?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    The JA move was genious, what he will to an already good defense will be impressive, then we go out and get a guy like M. Williams who is a great tackler and a good cover man. Greenway will be a year better along with Ray Edwards. EJ should improve also, its his second year back at MLB and he should flourish, our defense is downright scary good. EJ should have made the Pro Bowl last year he got robbed but after we win the division this season he will get his due. I don't know that there is a harder hitting tackler that EJ in the NFL. The one guy I could relate would be Patrick Willis one my favorite players, but nobody consitently punishes opponents and actually injurs them. I don't know how many times I can rember an oppent lieing on the ground after an EJ hit in pain. And to think we had fans that wanted him cut....

  4. #4
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    EJ lead the team in tackles this year? I think so. hopefully he doesn't have to do as much as last year as our Dline should be getting more tackles and sacks.
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #5
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    Just as the addition of 1 guy can increase the productivity of a whole unit, the loss of one can make the whole team more vulnerable.

    While I think that the defense can withstand the loss of most of the players and still be stout, the offense is not that stacked and could be in a world of hurt with an injury to the right players.

    -If Hutch goes down and McKinney is suspended do we have the talent to step in and take their place?
    -If Berrian or Rice go down will we have the talent to still have a productive passing game?
    -If TJ goes down early in the year, are Gus and Booty time good enough to win the Super bowl?

    You always hope that the team can go through a season without any major injuries but they are always a concern. Two years ago injuries really took a toll on our defense and probably cost us a few games.I pray we can stay healthy all year and bring home the soon to be named Chilly trophy

  6. #6
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Just as the addition of 1 guy can increase the productivity of a whole unit, the loss of one can make the whole team more vulnerable.

    While I think that the defense can withstand the loss of most of the players and still be stout, the offense is not that stacked and could be in a world of hurt with an injury to the right players.

    -If Hutch goes down and McKinney is suspended do we have the talent to step in and take their place?
    -If Berrian or Rice go down will we have the talent to still have a productive passing game?
    -If TJ goes down early in the year, are Gus and Booty time good enough to win the Super bowl?

    You always hope that the team can go through a season without any major injuries but they are always a concern. Two years ago injuries really took a toll on our defense and probably cost us a few games.I pray we can stay healthy all year and bring home the soon to be named Chilly trophy
    Good post, your first comment has Winfield writen all over it, when he's down we are missing something.

    The good thing about Hutch and McKinnie is there durabilty, very stout guys with few injuries but it could happen and its a scary thought especailly McKinnie only because Hicks at LT gives be goose bumps.

    Our WR's definitly need to stay healthy, behind Berrian and Rice there really is no threat. I think Allison is a nice player but will he be ready?

    I hope we can stay relativly healthy like last year, I think our conditioning program helps and the speed at which we practice.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Just as the addition of 1 guy can increase the productivity of a whole unit, the loss of one can make the whole team more vulnerable.

    While I think that the defense can withstand the loss of most of the players and still be stout, the offense is not that stacked and could be in a world of hurt with an injury to the right players.

    -If Hutch goes down and McKinney is suspended do we have the talent to step in and take their place?
    -If Berrian or Rice go down will we have the talent to still have a productive passing game?
    -If TJ goes down early in the year, are Gus and Booty time good enough to win the Super bowl?

    You always hope that the team can go through a season without any major injuries but they are always a concern. Two years ago injuries really took a toll on our defense and probably cost us a few games.I pray we can stay healthy all year and bring home the soon to be named Chilly trophy
    Good post, your first comment has Winfield writen all over it, when he's down we are missing something.

    The good thing about Hutch and McKinnie is there durabilty, very stout guys with few injuries but it could happen and its a scary thought especailly McKinnie only because Hicks at LT gives be goose bumps.

    Our WR's definitly need to stay healthy, behind Berrian and Rice there really is no threat. I think Allison is a nice player but will he be ready?

    I hope we can stay relativly healthy like last year, I think our conditioning program helps and the speed at which we practice.
    Lets not discount the fact that when Whinny went down we had a nice run.

    Fact of the matter is I expect the staff to have a competent backup that can step in with little or no production. As with Cook last year, the staff will plug someone in that we don't expect and he will shine.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    Yeah, but Cook sucked last year though! We did a pretty good job last year of staying injury-free. Hopefully we can do the same next year, if we wanna make the playoffs.

    ALL DAY!!!

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Yeah, but Cook sucked last year though! We did a pretty good job last year of staying injury-free. Hopefully we can do the same next year, if we wanna make the playoffs.
    I wouldn't say he sucked.
    Lets remember he was a C in college and started a RT at the next level.
    He started out pretty rough but towards the end of the season he was getting better.


    I kindof expected him to have some tough times being thrown to the wolves like he was.


    Truth be told he did a good job in the run.
    A few tweeks on his pass protection during the offseason and I think he will be a damn good RT for alot of years.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: In E.J. Henderson, the Vikings have the right man in the middle

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Yeah, but Cook sucked last year though! We did a pretty good job last year of staying injury-free. Hopefully we can do the same next year, if we wanna make the playoffs.
    I wouldn't say he sucked.

    Lets remember he was a C in college and started a RT at the next level.
    He started out pretty rough but towards the end of the season he was getting better.


    I kindof expected him to have some tough times being thrown to the wolves like he was.


    Truth be told he did a good job in the run.
    A few tweeks on his pass protection during the offseason and I think he will be a gol 'darnit good RT for alot of years.
    This year will tell guy. I'm sure Cook can get it togather at RT. 8)

    ALL DAY!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. E.J. Henderson - The quiet man in the middle
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 03:11 PM
  2. Henderson is the middle man
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 08:36 AM
  3. MOVED: Henderson is the middle man
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 02:33 PM
  4. E.J. Henderson - Man in the middle
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 06:11 AM
  5. Henderson lands back in the middle
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 10:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •