Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

E.J. Henderson: A Miracle so far

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/14618/e-j-henderson-a-miracle-so-far

Re:E.J. Henderson: A Miracle so far

Good read thanks for posting

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Good read.

A Healthy EJ is a beast and it would be great to see him back on the field, hopefully though he takes his time and doesnt rush as i like Brinkley and have no qualms with him filling in till/if/when EJ is fit.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I'm no doctor, or saint, but I wouldn't call that a miracle.
    I would think a broken bone is easier to come back from than a joint or muscle.
    In any case it's great news and hopefully he can return to pro-bowl form this year.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

jmcdon00 wrote:
    In any case it's great news and hopefully he can return to pro-bowl form this year.
    It will be a miracle in my mind. How he wont live in pain everytime somebody runs into that leg is beyond me. A broken arm is one thing but he broke his femur. A friend of mine broke his femur playing football in the seventh grade and he still has pain at times and he is 34 now.

Power to ya E.J. :cheer:

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I'm pretty much both!

A broken bone is usually easier to recover from than joint or ligament injuries.
    But this bone is a tough recovery because there are so many possible complications.
    To perform at the level of a professional athlete may not be miraculous but is certainly remarkable.

PS. I'm not really a saint! lol!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Obviously it's great to hear he seems to be making it back just fine. I hope he makes it back to his form from early 2008, as personally I thought last year he was a little less aggressive and dominant than he was the year before.

I have a question too for any doctors out there (jargomcfargo?) and anyone that might know the NFL substance rules well. I'm curious if in a case like this it would or would likely be helpful for EJ to use performance enhancers (steroids?) that might be banned by the NFL? And if so, does anyone know if the NFL allows this type of thing with a doctors order/prescription?

It seems like lots of guys that have tested positive in the past have come out and said they used banned substances to help come back from injuries. Hearing how fast EJ is coming back, the thought crossed my mind, and I'm not sure it would be a bad thing if it actually was helpful health-wise.

jargomcfargo wrote:
    It's a good thing too, or come September 9th EJ would tear your head off.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

All indications are that he is way ahead of schedule on a injury that could have been one that ended his career.

I mean seriously, a rod had to be inserted. WOW.

I marvel each and everyday at what doctors can do with respect to healing us and I know one who also makes a mean bottle of wine.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I'm pretty much both!

A broken bone is usually easier to recover from than joint or ligament injuries.
    But this bone is a tough recovery because there are so many possible complications.
    To perform at the level of a professional athlete may not be miraculous but is certainly remarkable.

You crack me up.

This is one instance were I wish I would have read all the posts before posting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I'm pretty much both!

Was waiting to see you chime in, Doc. Thanks for your professional opinion.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast