Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Del Rio Guest

Re: E.J. Henderson excelling, teaching

I have a feeling EJ will have no shot at MLB this season, and from reading his responses it sounds like he doesn't want to have anything to do with MLB.

Greenway will be playing in some form. He will either rotate plays or will see action when our team slips into a 3-4 or goaline situation where we have more LB's

Like many of you said Depth is never bad. I was upset when Tice was limiting EJ. Some people on here claim he is horrible. I just can't see a guy who can rack up over 100 tackles at WLB being horrible.

It's a problem I am glad we have. The worst thing would be to have too few talented LB'rs and forcing EJ to play MLB just to get by. So this scenerio is a great thing IMO.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    These articles are really starting to piss me off. I mean, I like to be as optimistic as the next guy, but come on. The hype is starting to bother me. Napo is a Pro Bowler! EJ is a star! Greenway is the next Lawrence Taylor!

I'll believe all of this when I see them producing on Sunday, which (with the exception of Greenway of course) they haven't done in the past.

How do you know that they aren't doing great! From what I have seen the players have looked really good and Troy Will looks great.

Maybe having real coaches who are teaching the players and running the organization like a real NFL franchise instead of the joke of the NFL and having the three stooges (Red, Tice & Cottrell) is bringing out the best in the players.
    Well I certainly HOPE you're right, but we were hearing the same exact things last year. Everyone looked great, the defense was improved and dominating...blah blah blah. I just think if you took every team's press clippings from around the league at this time of year everyone looks like they are going to win the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying I don't think they can do it or even that they won't do it, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch (like I did last year).

I am not going off what I read I am going off what I see from videos on TV shows that are showing the hits and INT's and passes defended, it is only training camp but these guys are sticking and the one that I am not seeing a lot on the vid's is Leber. It doesn't mean he is playing bad but it is starting to concern me a little. I can't wait for Monday night when we get to see some game situations and can better judge for ourselves how they are progressing.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    These articles are really starting to piss me off. I mean, I like to be as optimistic as the next guy, but come on. The hype is starting to bother me. Napo is a Pro Bowler! EJ is a star! Greenway is the next Lawrence Taylor!

I'll believe all of this when I see them producing on Sunday, which (with the exception of Greenway of course) they haven't done in the past.

How do you know that they aren't doing great! From what I have seen the players have looked really good and Troy Will looks great.

Maybe having real coaches who are teaching the players and running the organization like a real NFL franchise instead of the joke of the NFL and having the three stooges (Red, Tice & Cottrell) is bringing out the best in the players.
    Well I certainly HOPE you're right, but we were hearing the same exact things last year. Everyone looked great, the defense was improved and dominating...blah blah blah. I just think if you took every team's press clippings from around the league at this time of year everyone looks like they are going to win the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying I don't think they can do it or even that they won't do it, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch (like I did last year).

I am not going off what I read I am going off what I see from videos on TV shows that are showing the hits and INT's and passes defended, it is only training camp but these guys are sticking and the one that I am not seeing a lot on the vid's is Leber. It doesn't mean he is playing bad but it is starting to concern me a little. I can't wait for Monday night when we get to see some game situations and can better judge for ourselves how they are progressing.
    One of leber's strengths is coverage. If he's doing that job well he will be pretty much invisible. He's a smart guy( 3.9 GPA in college) with physical skills that should fit in this defensive scheme well.

I don't think we will know much about these guys until we see them in action.
    I think Greenway will start in front of E.J. eventually. But I think E.J. is in his last contract year and will play hard.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:

Remember, there's a fine line between a triangle of authority and three stooges.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123