Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:E.J. Henderson eager to get back on field

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: E.J. Henderson eager to get back on field

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Great to hear he's doing well. We definitely need him out there. Brinkley did decently filling in, but lets not kid ourselves, he's no Henderson.

My worry, is not physically how he'll hold up, its mentally. Every hit he makes, that leg will be on his mind.
    One thing about Brinkley - let's remember that, in his 2nd year, EJ wasn't the player he is now, either.

I'm more worried for EJ when he's running downfield in pursuit - if he hears/sees someone coming, does he flinch or hold up?

=Z=
    and I'm not saying Brinkley can't or won't be a good player, I'm saying he's not at the level that Henderson is now. if given the choice between a healthy Henderson and a healthy Brinkley, who do you choose? Its an easy choice for me.
    At some point, all old vets get replaced by someone younger.
    who is trying to tell you otherwise?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    I would prefer to see these young guys sit back and learn for 3-4 years before being thrown into the fire.

EJ is 30 already, seems like he's only started a couple of years for us.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I would prefer to see these young guys sit back and learn for 3-4 years before being thrown into the fire.

well, really he was only good for a couple years for us. He was moved back and forth between linebacker positions, never really getting good at any one position until he got moved back to MLB a few years ago. He's had really just two good seasons, then last year.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

well, really he was only good for a couple years for us. He was moved back and forth between linebacker positions, never really getting good at any one position until he got moved back to MLB a few years ago. He's had really just two good seasons, then last year.
    Yea, life in the NFL. Not all sunshine and roses. I was surprised at him being 30.

tastywaves wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Yea, life in the NFL. Not all sunshine and roses. I was surprised at him being 30.
    Thats why players want to get paid when thier time comes to get paid.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

tastywaves wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

EJ is one of those hard working players that really learned how to play the MLB position well. He doesn't have elite physical skills, but he positions himself well. It really amazes me how good he is with his lack of speed and taking on players much faster than him in that middle zone. He will be at a huge disadvantage if his speed falls off with the leg injury. He was borderline before the injury. He got the most out of his abilities.

Brinkley is now two years removed from his knee surgery and also 20 lbs lighter. Considering many thought he would be a first round pick before the knee surgery, it makes me wonder what we could have on our hands in Brinkley as a "Two Down LB", which is essentially what we did down the stretch last year and giving Leber a bigger role.

Leber had 8 passes defended and an Interception in the 6 games after EJ broke his leg. To put that in perspective Michael Boley was next for all Linebackers with just 6 in 16 regular season games!

Was anybody watching those last 6 games closely and noticing how we used Leber on 3rd and passing downs?
    None

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

tastywaves wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

EJ is one of those hard working players that really learned how to play the MLB position well. He doesn't have elite physical skills, but he positions himself well. It really amazes me how good he is with his lack of speed and taking on players much faster than him in that middle zone. He will be at a huge disadvantage if his speed falls off with the leg injury. He was borderline before the injury. He got the most out of his abilities.

Brinkley is now two years removed from his knee surgery and also 20 lbs lighter. Considering many thought he would be a first round pick before the knee surgery, it makes me wonder what we could have on our hands in Brinkley as a "Two Down LB", which is essentially what we did down the stretch last year and giving Leber a bigger role.

Leber had 8 passes defended and an Interception in the 6 games after EJ broke his leg. To put that in perspective Michael Boley was next for all Linebackers with just 6 in 16 regular season games!

Was anybody watching those last 6 games closely and noticing how we used Leber on 3rd and passing downs?
    None

bsmithberkley wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

So did Ben perform well enough to see a new contract at the end of the year?

I watched, and my answer is no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast