Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

E.J. Henderson eager to get back on field

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/95661519.html

E.J. Henderson eager to get back on field to action
    By JUDD ZULGAD and CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune staff writers
    Last update: June 4, 2010 - 11:42 PM

E.J. Henderson still hasn't watched a replay of the hit last December that fractured the femur in his left leg and brought teammates to tears in the locker room after the game.

Asked if he will ever watch it, Henderson said, "Um, no."

The Vikings middle linebacker and defensive captain is usually a man of few words, but he talked extensively Friday about his injury and the lengthy recovery.

Henderson reiterated that his goal is to be ready by training camp, but it's still way too early to predict a realistic timetable for his return.

"When I got hurt -- after it was all said and done, once I knew that I'd be able to come back -- my mindset was to do what I've got to do to get back," Henderson said while attending the Vikings playground build at Nellie Stone Johnson Community School in north Minneapolis. "I think we're right on track where we need to be. Keep working these next two months and, by camp, I should be ready to rock."
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: E.J. Henderson eager to get back on field

Great to hear he's doing well. We definitely need him out there. Brinkley did decently filling in, but lets not kid ourselves, he's no Henderson.

My worry, is not physically how he'll hold up, its mentally. Every hit he makes, that leg will be on his mind.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Great to hear he's doing well. We definitely need him out there. Brinkley did decently filling in, but lets not kid ourselves, he's no Henderson.

My worry, is not physically how he'll hold up, its mentally. Every hit he makes, that leg will be on his mind.
    One thing about Brinkley - let's remember that, in his 2nd year, EJ wasn't the player he is now, either.

I'm more worried for EJ when he's running downfield in pursuit - if he hears/sees someone coming, does he flinch or hold up?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I had to chuckle when he responded about ever watching the video "um... no".

I broke two vertabrae in my back playing hockey and made the mistake of watching the video of the hit... that was a mistake I made once and I never want to see that again. I think he's smart about that one.... because his is among the most greusome injuries on video (Theisman, etc.).

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

One thing about Brinkley - let's remember that, in his 2nd year, EJ wasn't the player he is now, either.

I'm more worried for EJ when he's running downfield in pursuit - if he hears/sees someone coming, does he flinch or hold up?

=Z=
    I think Brinkley could turn out to be a very good player for us, MLB is a tough spot to play and its even tougher as a rookie.

It's a good shout about EJ's mentality when he is on the field, the injury was sickening so will have left a mental as well as physical scare.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

=Z=
    and I'm not saying Brinkley can't or won't be a good player, I'm saying he's not at the level that Henderson is now. if given the choice between a healthy Henderson and a healthy Brinkley, who do you choose? Its an easy choice for me.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

i_bleed_purple wrote:... if given the choice between a healthy Henderson and a healthy Brinkley, who do you choose? Its an easy choice for me.
    Think that's a slam dunk mate!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

=Z=
    and I'm not saying Brinkley can't or won't be a good player, I'm saying he's not at the level that Henderson is now. if given the choice between a healthy Henderson and a healthy Brinkley, who do you choose? Its an easy choice for me.
    once EJ takes that first hard shot to the leg and he gets up fine, he won't worry about it again. However, he is not likely to be the same player he was before the injury for some time.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

marshallvike wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

=Z=
    once EJ takes that first hard shot to the leg and he gets up fine, he won't worry about it again. However, he is not likely to be the same player he was before the injury for some time.
    I think had he watched that video it might be even longer before he is the same player. Glad he avoided it. You'd always have that image in your head...especially when gunning for a bruising RB.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

=Z=
    At some point, all old vets get replaced by someone younger.

I for one am not worried about Jasper stepping in for EJ right now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast