singersp is offline PPO Newshound

E-BOB: Random lines about Brad Childress

Posted on Tue, Jul. 18, 2006

[size=18px]E-BOB[/size]

Random lines from e-mails to Bob Sansevere:

"I think Brad Childress is another Les Steckel. This is not Philadelphia. It is (or was) fan-friendly Minnesota. I will not spend a dime to see this jerk."

"This new (Vikings) coach is arrogant and will fail."

"If he does not go at least 10-6, Childress is going to have a tough time here."

"I have to agree that our new coach needs to stop thinking he is in Philly. I sometimes wonder if he even has a sense of humor. Minnesota does not function like the rest of the world. That can be good and bad, but pushing fans away is not good any time."

"Childress seems a little uptight."

"I do not want my kids turning to another team because we have thoughtless people in charge."

"It is all but impossible to get any of the major players to sign but a couple of autographs. People are pushing and shoving, and kids are getting squeezed out. It's really a mess. Most of the vets just walk on by the people lined up between the practice fields and the dorms. Having them available to sign in an orderly fashion will enhance a person's ability to get an autograph of a veteran player."

"As for Childress, let the man do things his way. Obviously, the way we have been doing things was not getting us anywhere, and last time I checked, the Eagles were at a Super Bowl recently. And the Vikings? Nope. So let the man do his thing. Everything will work out just fine for the Vikings."

E-BOB

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: E-BOB: Random lines about Brad Childress

Are these supposed to be email that he has received? Or him just spewing out crap?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Notice that the crap is six of eight of the e-mails. My guess would be that the true fans are represented more by PPO where the vast majority here would agree with the last e-mail:
    "As for Childress, let the man do things his way. Obviously, the way we have been doing things was not getting us anywhere, and last time I checked, the Eagles were at a Super Bowl recently. And the Vikings? Nope. So let the man do his thing. Everything will work out just fine for the Vikings."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Do you think he might have taken a few liberties ...like ohh.... I dunno....taking those few lines OUT OF CONTEXT?

The Minnesota media is alway complaining about how the new regime is handling things.....I think its just because they have to work for a living now.

my 2 cents

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

um... if anyone thinks the thing about the people signing autographs is true, they obviously just went up to camp once and didnt get anything signed, they dont know shit

many players will stop and sign tons of autographs, while yes otehr people are tired after practicing all day, but also, "making them available in an orderly fashion" or whatever the fuck he said..

THERES A GOD DAMN AUTOGRAPH TENT SHUT THE FUCK UP

=) sorry im mean today

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    um... if anyone thinks the thing about the people signing autographs is true, they obviously just went up to camp once and didnt get anything signed, they dont know pooh

many players will stop and sign tons of autographs, while yes otehr people are tired after practicing all day, but also, "making them available in an orderly fashion" or whatever the F!!ck he said..

THERES A GOD gol 'darnit AUTOGRAPH TENT SHUT THE F!!ck UP
    That's how I got my beautiful Chuck Foreman autographed full size helmet.

While everyone else was watching the players train, I was in the tent alone talking with Chuck.

He told me since no one else was around, he'd take his time & give me a real sweet autograph, which he did, rather than a quick one, which he has to do if there is a line.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i should take pictures of my autographs

i only two objects signed by the vikes, but one has like 6 autographs and the other has over 10

like i've said i before i go to training camp with two alumni, chuck foreman was up there last year charging people in the shop tent thingy for some fund raiser i think?

i didnt get his autograph since i didnt have much cash, but he came to the park where we have an after camp party thing, with tons of pizza and subs, (he actually biked over), and gladly signed my football, talked with him for a little bit also, he's a good guy

trying to think of the other ex-vike that was there......... he told us a lot of stories about bud grant and how the players would act like whipped dogs with their heads lowered if they were late lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese