Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    darkflood is offline Starter

Re: Dwight Smith Cited for Indecent Conduct.

"NaryBim" wrote:
    The problem is not that other people get caught doing what Smith did and no one makes a big deal about it (tell THAT to a mother when her kid's name is published in the local paper for indecent behavior).

Smith is not 'other people'; he is a public figure, a professional that surely has been told again and again not to embarrass the organization that butters his bread.
    Smith's behavior further damages the already rusted public image of the team, making it even harder to maintain the political and financial support of a growingly indifferent fan base.
    As a professional, he simply should have known better.
    And as a fan we all know that getting busted for the same sh*t we do everyday gets national media attention. This whole thing is retarded. I know we're supposed to look up to these people, and they're supposed to be role models, but isn't the microscope set a little high? Last time I checked, WE'RE ALL HUMAN. And we all make mistakes. As far as this mistake goes.........been there, done that. Who freakin cares???
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

darkflood is offline Starter

I'm not exactly sure what " Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd" is supposed to mean, but I meant " mentally challenged" i.e. Rtarded. Does that word offend people anymore?
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

A stairwell? My God couldn't he afford a motel room? I bet Childress is pissed!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I just hope she swalloed the evidence, so they have no case.... :P

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"darkflood" wrote:
    "NaryBim" wrote:
    The problem is not that other people get caught doing what Smith did and no one makes a big deal about it (tell THAT to a mother when her kid's name is published in the local paper for indecent behavior).

Smith is not 'other people'; he is a public figure, a professional that surely has been told again and again not to embarrass the organization that butters his bread.
    Smith's behavior further damages the already rusted public image of the team, making it even harder to maintain the political and financial support of a growingly indifferent fan base.
    And as a fan we all know that getting busted for the same sh*t we do everyday gets national media attention. This whole thing is Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd. I know we're supposed to look up to these people, and they're supposed to be role models, but isn't the microscope set a little high? Last time I checked, WE'RE ALL HUMAN. And we all make mistakes. As far as this mistake goes.........been there, done that. Who freakin cares???
    It would be nice if they weren't held to such a high standard, but the media has created an atmosphere where every mistake is scrutinized. A lot of people have done it and it's no big deal to most people, but I agree with Nary in that it further damages the image of the Vikings and their players.

Most politicians have done something equal to that or worse in their lives, but most of them are hypocritical and try to politically grandstand on moral issues. Therefore, when stuff like this comes up, they use it as an excuse not to vote for our stadium, just like they did with the Love Boat case.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    "NaryBim" wrote:

And as a fan we all know that getting busted for the same sh*t we do everyday gets national media attention. This whole thing is Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd. I know we're supposed to look up to these people, and they're supposed to be role models, but isn't the microscope set a little high? Last time I checked, WE'RE ALL HUMAN. And we all make mistakes. As far as this mistake goes.........been there, done that. Who freakin cares???

Most politicians have done something equal to that or worse in their lives, but most of them are hypocritical and try to politically grandstand on moral issues. Therefore, when stuff like this comes up, they use it as an excuse not to vote for our stadium, just like they did with the Love Boat case.

Can you say...MONICA AND CLINTON?.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    My freekin god can't we just behave for a d*** week sheesh this crap gets old....... >

I hear ya.. It sure was a shame to see K-Rob released, but he brought that upon himself.. No crap here, now if Smith was arrested for that, who knows maybe he would have been released as well..

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

im just glad these "good character guys" is working out for childress and co. now that theyve made this "good character" policy public, they might feel pressured to do something about it, ie bench him. woo hoo! oh well, offord looks good, so nothing to worry aboutthere, but were not suposed to depend on backups till after week 5 or so, injuries, fatigue, not 3rd week of PRE-season.

it must be these new uniforms.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    "NaryBim" wrote:

Can you say...MONICA AND CLINTON?.....
    Haha yeah...like Stephen Colbert said "He used her as a humidor."
    ;D

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast