Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Dwight Smith Cited for Indecent Conduct.

Good, because some points are out there and I didn't think were understandable; point is we can chill or we can ramble on so far off topic that it borders on whacky.

Prophet Guest

"Webby" wrote:
    ...we can ramble on so far off topic that it borders on whacky.
    Isn't that the protocol?
    I thought every thread did that after a couple of pages.

Del Rio Guest

Wacky ha ha is ok.

Wacky WTF call the cops is not lol.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

She was only seeing how sturdy his big deck was.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

my 1/2 cent

"Vikings again in deep water"
    "Brad Childress' culture of accountability still hasn't quite taken hold."

ok, let me ask everyone here....what accountability? have smoot and mckinnie faced any team fines? are they being benched for the love boat incident like wilf said he would? didnt he say he didnt care who it was they would be punished? i thought i remember him saying something like that. and smith? is he being benched?...oh but we had a good strong talking to him... what ever, they talk about accountability and then they do nothing because they realize they would be out there with 1/2 team. is it ok to do what smith did? no. he was cited. robinson was let go because he was going to be suspended for an entire year. what else were they suposed to do? if this was his first ofense, and only be suspended for 4 games, childress and wilf would have kept him on the team. wilf and childress saying all the right things what the public wants to hear so they can get their stadium. so unless they actually start having some serious and REAL accountability towards violations of the code of conduct that they speak so highly of they are not going to change the mentallity of these players.

im getting sick of childress and wilfs talk about accountability when there clearly is none. smoot mckinnie smith...i think theyre all starting. and i havent heard of any fines outside of the courts decisions.

dont get me wrong, id rather have wilf as the vikings owner than two timen mccombs, but its time he starts backing up his tough talk, or its going to mean squat later.

Del Rio Guest

"petrodemos" wrote:
    my 1/2 cent

ok, let me ask everyone here....what accountability? have smoot and mckinnie faced any team fines? are they being benched for the love boat incident like wilf said he would? didnt he say he didnt care who it was they would be punished? i thought i remember him saying something like that. and smith? is he being benched?...oh but we had a good strong talking to him... what ever, they talk about accountability and then they do nothing because they realize they would be out there with 1/2 team. is it ok to do what smith did? no. he was cited. robinson was let go because he was going to be suspended for an entire year. what else were they suposed to do? if this was his first ofense, and only be suspended for 4 games, childress and wilf would have kept him on the team. wilf and childress saying all the right things what the public wants to hear so they can get their stadium. so unless they actually start having some serious and REAL accountability towards violations of the code of conduct that they speak so highly of they are not going to change the mentallity of these players.

im getting sick of childress and wilfs talk about accountability when there clearly is none. smoot mckinnie smith...i think theyre all starting. and i havent heard of any fines outside of the courts decisions.

dont get me wrong, id rather have wilf as the vikings owner than two timen mccombs, but its time he starts backing up his tough talk, or its going to mean squat later.
    As a coach myself I can honestly say that when it comes to disciplining a player I could care less what the fans think and I sure as hell would not expose our conversation to the world in order to shush the outcry. It's a private matter.

Granted I am not a NFL coach but that really doesn't matter. These are grown men. You have absolutely zero idea what kind of conversations they have had, what kind of agreements they have made, and what kind of in house dicipline they have executed and that is good because at the end of the day it is none of your buisiness.

It is not the coaches concern that the media paints an evil picture with every stroke. It is not his job to come by and spray over the splatter with his own garbage.....his job is to coach and to win football games.

An agreement between grown men on a football team should not be displayed for the world to see. I understand that some fans want the soap opera to continue, some fans want every detail. You take a teamate and sacrifice him to the world well your hurting your team. Did Childress come out and say anything about Robinson really? No he didn't he cut him.

If it isn't enough to believe him when he says he will take care of the situation then I hope his stance on the topic is in a nutshell......"F!!ck it" who cares what you think. As long as he is addressing the issue in house then the game rolls on, and the fact that you or I are not handed a front row seat to watch the fireworks is really the least of his worries I am sure. If he is worried about appeasing fans well then I think it's going to be a long season and his time here will be limited.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"Del" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    my 1/2 cent

As a coach myself I can honestly say that when it comes to disciplining a player I could care less what the fans think and I sure as hell would not expose our conversation to the world in order to shush the outcry. It's a private matter.

Granted I am not a NFL coach but that really doesn't matter. These are grown men. You have absolutely zero idea what kind of conversations they have had, what kind of agreements they have made, and what kind of in house dicipline they have executed and that is good because at the end of the day it is none of your buisiness.

It is not the coaches concern that the media paints an evil picture with every stroke. It is not his job to come by and spray over the splatter with his own garbage.....his job is to coach and to win football games.

An agreement between grown men on a football team should not be displayed for the world to see. I understand that some fans want the soap opera to continue, some fans want every detail. You take a teamate and sacrifice him to the world well your hurting your team. Did Childress come out and say anything about Robinson really? No he didn't he cut him.

If it isn't enough to believe him when he says he will take care of the situation then I hope his stance on the topic is in a nutshell......"F!!ck it" who cares what you think. As long as he is addressing the issue in house then the game rolls on, and the fact that you or I are not handed a front row seat to watch the fireworks is really the least of his worries I am sure. If he is worried about appeasing fans well then I think it's going to be a long season and his time here will be limited.
    i understand what your saying, and i agree with you. but im not just upset about childress, im more upset with the entire organization.

if the consequences are as you put it a private conversation your right the public does not have to hear that,but what real consequences are those? a player breaks the rules and gets a stern talking to. your saying thats what the consequences are?

what im saying is when an organization comes out publicly saying there will be consequenses and does nothing but talk to a player what really are they trying to pull?

when wilf and co. feed the public that the organization is concerned with its image and it vows to clean it up, and tells the public of a new "code of conduct" and that players will suffer the consequenses, but then keeps those consequences under wraps, what are they really doing? keep the "code of conduct" under wraps too then. oh wait, you cant do that, because theres a stigma now and they need to rid of that to get on the publics good side. the organization has to make the consequences public, so that the public knows the organization is serious about dealing with it and truly is trying to right the ship (i dont care about pun) because in reality the public is the one thats going to have to put up the money for a new stadium, so certain things are going to have to be made public, so it doesnt look like theyre blowing smoke up our arses (shich i think they are doing right now) they have to build a trust with the public so they can get their stadium. if they dont they will lose their stadium and thats the last thing i want. if there are no concequences to the players actions, then what else is wilf trying to pull? you cant keep going on about how your correcting character issues and let everthing slide. i want the soap opera to end, but since preseason started the soap opera keeps on going. KFAN already taking bets as to whos next to be arrested, its rediculous. the organization is embarrased, and they will continue to be unless they start doing what they vowed to do after the boat incident have some actual consequences other than a stern talking to.

whew. at least thats off my chest. i just meant that how can accountablility take hold when there seems to be None. i think what needs to be done is, if there is a code of conduct, then any embarrasement of the organization should result in a fine, being benched, show some seriousness to correcting the problem. for one week, i would like to not hear about the vikings "scandals" .

NaryBim is offline Training Camp

"Webby" wrote:
    I think everyone needs to take a deep breathe before we start talking about nukes up Iran's tailpipes and because they like it and we should send packer fans to rape their sheep and create a new breed of uber-trash sheep that eat all the iranians before they can nuke others, but then we have to send in super nordic sheep herders to control the inbred packer sheep before they spread their virulent genes to the good sheep that supply the wool that keep our nordic warriors warm during the cold winter months, which is better than a nuclear winter, and that was my point in the first place.
    So screw you if you don't get my deeply profound argument!!

Understood?
    Great, just great!
    Now how am I supposed to get to sleep tonight with that nasty little scenario rolling around in my head
    grumble, mumble...
    "When you have fear, bad things happen."
    C. Fason

Good response DelRio. It is none of our business what sort of discipline was given.
    The coach should probably say something has been done but we don't need the details.
    When I was an RA at college I had to deal a few conversations and had a few given too.
    I did not share with the rest of the men in my dorm what had to be done but that the situation was dealt with.
    No need to shame the offender, just correct the practice.
    We can solve poverty today.

Del Rio Guest

"petrodemos" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    my 1/2 cent

i understand what your saying, and i agree with you. but im not just upset about childress, im more upset with the entire organization.

if the consequences are as you put it a private conversation your right the public does not have to hear that,but what real consequences are those? a player breaks the rules and gets a stern talking to. your saying thats what the consequences are?

what im saying is when an organization comes out publicly saying there will be consequenses and does nothing but talk to a player what really are they trying to pull?

when wilf and co. feed the public that the organization is concerned with its image and it vows to clean it up, and tells the public of a new "code of conduct" and that players will suffer the consequenses, but then keeps those consequences under wraps, what are they really doing? keep the "code of conduct" under wraps too then. oh wait, you cant do that, because theres a stigma now and they need to rid of that to get on the publics good side. the organization has to make the consequences public, so that the public knows the organization is serious about dealing with it and truly is trying to right the ship (i dont care about pun) because in reality the public is the one thats going to have to put up the money for a new stadium, so certain things are going to have to be made public, so it doesnt look like theyre blowing smoke up our arses (shich i think they are doing right now) they have to build a trust with the public so they can get their stadium. if they dont they will lose their stadium and thats the last thing i want. if there are no concequences to the players actions, then what else is wilf trying to pull? you cant keep going on about how your correcting character issues and let everthing slide. i want the soap opera to end, but since preseason started the soap opera keeps on going. KFAN already taking bets as to whos next to be arrested, its rediculous. the organization is embarrased, and they will continue to be unless they start doing what they vowed to do after the boat incident have some actual consequences other than a stern talking to.

whew. at least thats off my chest. i just meant that how can accountablility take hold when there seems to be None. i think what needs to be done is, if there is a code of conduct, then any embarrasement of the organization should result in a fine, being benched, show some seriousness to correcting the problem. for one week, i would like to not hear about the vikings "scandals" .
    The point I was trying to make was just because ther seems to be none, doesn't mean it isn't there. They could very well have had more then a stern talking. They could have laid the groundwork to prevent it from happening again.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011