Thread: Dwight Smith?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Dwight Smith?

a question:
    when and how did we get dwight smith?
    i must have missed this.
    been wanting to ask about it since the preseason opener.
    anyway, someone let me know.
    i know i wasn't livin under a rock or anything, but 'what tha?'

PA ???

Prophet Guest

Re: Dwight Smith?

Vikings | D. Smith gets some work with No. 1 defense - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:47:58 -0700

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings SS Dwight Smith got some time with the No. 1 defense opposite FS Darren Sharper during practice Monday, July 31.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Smoot likes D. Smith addition - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:36:40 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Fred Smoot said the addition of S Dwight Smith should propel the Vikings' pass defense to the top three in the NFL. "But, hey, it's football season now, so we've got to go out and prove it," Smoot said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Offord believes he is the odd man out - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:54:46 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings SS Willie Offord believes he is the odd man out now that the team has signed SS Dwight Smith. Assuming FS Darren Sharper starts at one safety position, Smith would compete with Offord and SS Tank Williams for the other. Offord said, "Everybody's expectation going into this week was that Tank and I would be competing for the job. I'm pretty sure that's all changed now with bringing in Dwight. I can't be upset. I can't be bitter about the situation. Obviously, I'm coming off an ACL injury. Everything's looking good now, but as coaches, you never know what's going to happen."

Vikings | D. Smith officially signs - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:24:28 -0700

Updating previous reports, Vikings.com reports the Minnesota Vikings have officially signed SS Dwight Smith (Saints). Details of the contract were not disclosed.

49ers | Team had no interest in D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:35:03 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers had no interest in S Dwight Smith. He wound up signing with the Minnesota Vikings.

Raiders | Team was interested in D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:43:59 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Oakland Raiders were interested in free-agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) before he signed with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings | Smith reunited with Tomlin - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:19:32 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Minnesota Vikings FS Dwight Smith is expected to start at free safety with the Vikings. He is reunited with Mike Tomlin, the Vikings' defensive coordinator, who was Smith's secondary coach for four years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Vikings | Smith reaches three-year deal - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:18:21 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have reached a three-year, $6.5 million deal with free agent FS Dwight Smith (Saints). He didn't receive a signing bonus as part of the contract, but he will be paid the $1.2 million he was scheduled to earn with the New Orleans Saints. Smith will receive a $615,000 roster bonus and $585,000 base salary. In 2007, he'll receive a $100,000 workout bonus, a $500,000 roster bonus and a $1.6 million base salary. In 2008, he'll have a $2.5 million base salary, $100,000 workout bonus and $500,000 roster bonus.

Buccaneers | Team makes offer to D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:08:37 -0700

The Star Tribune reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reportedly made an undisclosed contract offer to free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints).

Ravens | Team makes offer to D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:07:38 -0700

The Star Tribune reports the Baltimore Ravens have reportedly made an undisclosed contract offer to free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints).

Vikings | Team to complete visit with D. Smith today - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:04:25 -0700

The Star Tribune reports free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) will wrap up a two-day visit with the Minnesota Vikings Tuesday, July 25. Agent Drew Rosenhaus refused to say whether his client was close to signing with the Vikings Monday evening, July 24. "I'm not going to have any comment on Dwight's visit," he said. Smith told the St. Petersburg Times before his trip to Minnesota Monday that he would return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a one-year contract if he is unable to get a multiyear deal from another team. Smith already has offers from Tampa Bay and the Baltimore Ravens. A Vikings spokesman said the team would have no comment.

Vikings | Team thinks they have a good shot to sign D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:53:48 -0700

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin was an assistant coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) was a member of the Buccaneers. So for that reason and the fact that Smith is a vested NFL player and doesn't have to go through waivers, the Vikings believe they have a good chance to sign Smith, who was recently released by the New Orleans Saints.

Vikings | Team may visit with D. Smith as early as Monday - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:36:35 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings may host free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) as early as Monday, July 24. Smith has a strong relationship with Vikings defense coordinator Mike Tomlin when the two were with Tampa Bay. As previously noted, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers reportedly also are interested in signing Smith, who also can play at nickel back in their cover-2 defense.

Vikings | Team reportedly has better financial offer for D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:51:16 -0700

Scott Reynolds, of PewterReport.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings appear to have put together the better financial package for free agent SS Dwight Smith (Saints). The Vikings are competing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for Smith, with both teams contact Smith's agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

they actually picked him up to add depth at the safty position, then tank w. out for the season. cover 2 experince, super bowl ring, 2pics for TDs in the big game. I like it

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

thanks prophet.
    i needed the refresher course.
    i really must have missed this.
    too bad for offord though but cool.

thanks again.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | D. Smith gets some work with No. 1 defense - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:47:58 -0700

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings SS Dwight Smith got some time with the No. 1 defense opposite FS Darren Sharper during practice Monday, July 31.

Vikings | Smoot likes D. Smith addition - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:36:40 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Fred Smoot said the addition of S Dwight Smith should propel the Vikings' pass defense to the top three in the NFL. "But, hey, it's football season now, so we've got to go out and prove it," Smoot said.

Vikings | Offord believes he is the odd man out - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:54:46 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings SS Willie Offord believes he is the odd man out now that the team has signed SS Dwight Smith. Assuming FS Darren Sharper starts at one safety position, Smith would compete with Offord and SS Tank Williams for the other. Offord said, "Everybody's expectation going into this week was that Tank and I would be competing for the job. I'm pretty sure that's all changed now with bringing in Dwight. I can't be upset. I can't be bitter about the situation. Obviously, I'm coming off an ACL injury. Everything's looking good now, but as coaches, you never know what's going to happen."

Vikings | D. Smith officially signs - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:24:28 -0700

Updating previous reports, Vikings.com reports the Minnesota Vikings have officially signed SS Dwight Smith (Saints). Details of the contract were not disclosed.

49ers | Team had no interest in D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:35:03 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers had no interest in S Dwight Smith. He wound up signing with the Minnesota Vikings.

Raiders | Team was interested in D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:43:59 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Oakland Raiders were interested in free-agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) before he signed with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings | Smith reunited with Tomlin - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:19:32 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Minnesota Vikings FS Dwight Smith is expected to start at free safety with the Vikings. He is reunited with Mike Tomlin, the Vikings' defensive coordinator, who was Smith's secondary coach for four years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Vikings | Smith reaches three-year deal - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:18:21 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have reached a three-year, $6.5 million deal with free agent FS Dwight Smith (Saints). He didn't receive a signing bonus as part of the contract, but he will be paid the $1.2 million he was scheduled to earn with the New Orleans Saints. Smith will receive a $615,000 roster bonus and $585,000 base salary. In 2007, he'll receive a $100,000 workout bonus, a $500,000 roster bonus and a $1.6 million base salary. In 2008, he'll have a $2.5 million base salary, $100,000 workout bonus and $500,000 roster bonus.

Buccaneers | Team makes offer to D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:08:37 -0700

The Star Tribune reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reportedly made an undisclosed contract offer to free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints).

Ravens | Team makes offer to D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:07:38 -0700

The Star Tribune reports the Baltimore Ravens have reportedly made an undisclosed contract offer to free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints).

Vikings | Team to complete visit with D. Smith today - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:04:25 -0700

The Star Tribune reports free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) will wrap up a two-day visit with the Minnesota Vikings Tuesday, July 25. Agent Drew Rosenhaus refused to say whether his client was close to signing with the Vikings Monday evening, July 24. "I'm not going to have any comment on Dwight's visit," he said. Smith told the St. Petersburg Times before his trip to Minnesota Monday that he would return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a one-year contract if he is unable to get a multiyear deal from another team. Smith already has offers from Tampa Bay and the Baltimore Ravens. A Vikings spokesman said the team would have no comment.

Vikings | Team thinks they have a good shot to sign D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:53:48 -0700

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin was an assistant coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) was a member of the Buccaneers. So for that reason and the fact that Smith is a vested NFL player and doesn't have to go through waivers, the Vikings believe they have a good chance to sign Smith, who was recently released by the New Orleans Saints.

Vikings | Team may visit with D. Smith as early as Monday - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:36:35 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings may host free agent S Dwight Smith (Saints) as early as Monday, July 24. Smith has a strong relationship with Vikings defense coordinator Mike Tomlin when the two were with Tampa Bay. As previously noted, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers reportedly also are interested in signing Smith, who also can play at nickel back in their cover-2 defense.

Vikings | Team reportedly has better financial offer for D. Smith - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:51:16 -0700

Scott Reynolds, of PewterReport.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings appear to have put together the better financial package for free agent SS Dwight Smith (Saints). The Vikings are competing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for Smith, with both teams contact Smith's agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Wow, I guess when you ask for something, Prophet really makes sure you get the facts.. ;D

darkflood is offline Starter

Wow, I guess when you ask for something, Prophet really makes sure you get the facts.. ;D
    [/quote]

No crap
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"darkflood" wrote:
    No crap
    [/quote]

Ask and ye shall receive!