Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Dungy: Jackson in mold of McNabb

"gagarr" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    So tell me.... what is it going to take for you to realize TJ isn't the answer?

What is the QB rating?
    What is the # of INT's to lose games?
    What is the completion percentage?

Or is it just wins or losses?

If TJ has a below 50 QB rating, AD runs for over 200yds, and D and ST score 2 TD's and the Vikings win.
    Then it should be a TJ win?
    If TJ has a below 50 QB rating, AD runs for over 200yds, and D and ST score 2 TD's and the Vikings lose.
    Then it should be a TEAM loss?

What does it take to pull the plug?

IMO, unless TJ has a QB rating above 70 with at least a 4-4 record by week 9.
    Below 70 and a 3-5 record, I would pull the plug on the TJ experiment.
    A change in QB might still make the playoffs, like Jeff George did when RC started 2-4.

I'm not hoping any of this happens, I truly wish I am wrong about TJ, but I still think it's important to set metrics for him to keep his job.
    Without them you will have to just go by gut emotions and that is not the way to lead a successful business.
    First off I'll tell you where I stand with Tarvaris. He's still a young guy with plenty of talent but he needs the opportunity to sink up with his weapons and get the continuity thats important to have. I think that last year was a wildly inconsistent season but certainly one that was expected. I like the way he did things in the offseason and how he dealt with the Favre situation ect. In his first game this season I was happy about some things then vastly dissapointed about others. Most notably the easy 2Pt convertion to Rice thrown behind him. I think he's making quicker decisions, I think he looks far more comfortable especailly in the passing game and I think when he's accurate he's very accurate giving alot of the TE's and WR's an opportunity to make plays. Overall I can see his decision making speeding up, he knows when to move and when to run the ball. I think the season is very early and I need to see more to make any claims for complete sucess or failure.

The bottom line with Tarvaris and what we ask him to do is to play a sound game without making bad decisions. On Monday we asked him to throw it 35 times because we found ourselves in a whole and he nearly broght us back. You would hope with that experience its something he can build on and improve from and I know thats where he stands on the situation. I think as long as Tarvaris is not loosing games for us he'll be our Quarterback and "If" he starts loosing games for us I'll be as ready for him to ride pine as yourself. I want nothing more than to "Win", so there's your million dollar answer.

To add to what you said about statistics and how to gauge Tarvaris's play I will look no further than the game film itself. Like I said earlier when Tarvaris starts loosing games for us is when a change should be made. I'll also look to see how his offensive line protects him or how well his Targets play, there is so much that goes into statistics especailly with the way things have gone in our offense as of late. Tarvaris's statistics from the Monday Nights game don't tell the full story.

I think as Tarvaris grows his job description does too, it won't always be about asking Tarvaris to mangage games but he's gonna have to step up and lead us to those comeback wins. I think this is only the begining of his carear as we're yet to even see a full season of play from him. Its still so early and thats what baffles me about the Tarvaris Jackson bashing.
    TW,
    You make some very good points, some I agree with some I don't.
    The thing is, no TJ supporter will give any measure of what they think is a breaking point on the TJ experiment.

Your only value is TJ losing games.
    Well from my perspective TJ lost the GB game.
    2/7 for 16 in the first half put the Vikes in the hole that required TJ to throw 28 times in the 2nd half.
    The bad throw on the 2pt coversion forced the Vikes to have to go for a TD at the end.
    Of course TJ's INT obviously was the nail in the coffin.

But I'm sick of people making excuses for TJ.
    If your a TJ supporter OWN IT.
    I would have more respect for ya all if you just posted:
    "TJ played a bad game, it happens to every QB.
    Eli "Super bowl MVP" had a 33.8 QB rating in the Vikes game last year, can you judge him on one game?"

It still won't convince me, but I wouldn't lose respect for ya blaming everyone else.
    Just as you would lose respect for TJ if he did the same.

Well im sick of everone blaming Tjack for everything the team does wrong

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    So tell me.... what is it going to take for you to realize TJ isn't the answer?

What is the QB rating?
    What is the # of INT's to lose games?
    What is the completion percentage?

Or is it just wins or losses?

If TJ has a below 50 QB rating, AD runs for over 200yds, and D and ST score 2 TD's and the Vikings win.
    Then it should be a TJ win?
    If TJ has a below 50 QB rating, AD runs for over 200yds, and D and ST score 2 TD's and the Vikings lose.
    Then it should be a TEAM loss?

What does it take to pull the plug?

IMO, unless TJ has a QB rating above 70 with at least a 4-4 record by week 9.
    Below 70 and a 3-5 record, I would pull the plug on the TJ experiment.
    A change in QB might still make the playoffs, like Jeff George did when RC started 2-4.

I'm not hoping any of this happens, I truly wish I am wrong about TJ, but I still think it's important to set metrics for him to keep his job.
    Without them you will have to just go by gut emotions and that is not the way to lead a successful business.
    First off I'll tell you where I stand with Tarvaris. He's still a young guy with plenty of talent but he needs the opportunity to sink up with his weapons and get the continuity thats important to have. I think that last year was a wildly inconsistent season but certainly one that was expected. I like the way he did things in the offseason and how he dealt with the Favre situation ect. In his first game this season I was happy about some things then vastly dissapointed about others. Most notably the easy 2Pt convertion to Rice thrown behind him. I think he's making quicker decisions, I think he looks far more comfortable especailly in the passing game and I think when he's accurate he's very accurate giving alot of the TE's and WR's an opportunity to make plays. Overall I can see his decision making speeding up, he knows when to move and when to run the ball. I think the season is very early and I need to see more to make any claims for complete sucess or failure.

The bottom line with Tarvaris and what we ask him to do is to play a sound game without making bad decisions. On Monday we asked him to throw it 35 times because we found ourselves in a whole and he nearly broght us back. You would hope with that experience its something he can build on and improve from and I know thats where he stands on the situation. I think as long as Tarvaris is not loosing games for us he'll be our Quarterback and "If" he starts loosing games for us I'll be as ready for him to ride pine as yourself. I want nothing more than to "Win", so there's your million dollar answer.

To add to what you said about statistics and how to gauge Tarvaris's play I will look no further than the game film itself. Like I said earlier when Tarvaris starts loosing games for us is when a change should be made. I'll also look to see how his offensive line protects him or how well his Targets play, there is so much that goes into statistics especailly with the way things have gone in our offense as of late. Tarvaris's statistics from the Monday Nights game don't tell the full story.

I think as Tarvaris grows his job description does too, it won't always be about asking Tarvaris to mangage games but he's gonna have to step up and lead us to those comeback wins. I think this is only the begining of his carear as we're yet to even see a full season of play from him. Its still so early and thats what baffles me about the Tarvaris Jackson bashing.
    TW,
    The thing is, no TJ supporter will give any measure of what they think is a breaking point on the TJ experiment.

2/7 for 16 in the first half put the Vikes in the hole that required TJ to throw 28 times in the 2nd half.
    The bad throw on the 2pt coversion forced the Vikes to have to go for a TD at the end.

Eli "Super bowl MVP" had a 33.8 QB rating in the Vikes game last year, can you judge him on one game?"

It still won't convince me, but I wouldn't lose respect for ya blaming everyone else.

Well im sick of everone blaming Tjack for everything the team does wrong
    no kidding..on a side note bitch answer your phone

Thanks josdin00

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    TW,

I think TJ has to show improvement this season, I think before its said and done he has to take control of this offense and make it his.

And you know how I feel about the first half, I even went over the game again last night. His play in the first half wasn't as bad as his stats make it look. He certainly could have put those deep balls in front of berrian where he has a better chance to make the the catch, none the less the PI no called killed us before halftime. That puts us in scoring position and gives us a real opportunity to tie it up.

The 2pt Convertion is also one that sticks out for me too, can't be happy with that, Rice was wide open, those types of throws are too easy for a NFL QB.

I try to be as honest as possible in my evaluation of any player including Tarvaris. There are things he could have done better to put us in position to win that game. I also understand he's still a young QB and like everyone and there brother has stated, he's Raw Talent. Its my opinion that Darren Shaper, Kluwe, and EJ Henderson had as much to do with us loosing as Tarvaris. My problem with blaiming Tarvaris for the game lies in the fact that this is the ultimate team sport and while he could have done better so could a few other players who didn't.

Bottom line with TJ, he needs to play better and stay consistent. I see really good things out of him which leads me to believe he can get it done, now its all about developing consistency. I think he has a good chance to do that with our offense when he's able to grow with Rice, Berrian and Allison. As much as we want to see it all now I think it all comes down to what you expected out of Tarvaris. I didn't expect us to not be able to run the ball with some consistency especailly in the second half, therfor we asked Tarvaris to throw the ball 35 times, I would much rather see that at 23-28 attempts a game. This would mean we are running the ball effectivly without Defense and Specail Teams self destruction.

On the other hand I don't always expect Tarvaris to be a managing QB, he will eventually have to take the reins on this thing and provide those comeback wins. I thought Monday was a good start, now its all about consistency and finishing. We still have time with him and there is a full season ahead. If Tarvaris can't get it done we will eventually move on the next option wether that is this year or down the road. I like Booty's chance, he's a guy who could be ready far more quickly that Tarvaris but without the big explosion.

In the end it will come to down to how bad Tarvaris wants it, I've always liked his mantality and his work ethic, I don't see alot of excuses and he's honest with himself. He wants to improve and I think he'll have his chance to prove it to everyone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234