Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dungy: Jackson in mold of McNabb

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    What?
    One...maybe two plays a season?
    Those one or two plays can certainly lead to points but I expect alot more opportunity downfield. Berrian is more of an everydown WR who can get downfield all game and be reliable for Tarvaris. Williamson had trouble staying on the field for half the snaps.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    I honestly believe the ONLY place you will still find people that think Jackson is progressing is among Viking fans.
    Some of these time frames being put on how long he has to succeed are absurd.
    I understand being loyal to your team and all that hooplah but a time has to come when people come out of dream land and to the realization that this guy has advanced nowhere.

I did catch a glimpse somewhere in this thread where they said opposing players complained about how good of a scrambler Jackson is.
    All I have to say to that is it won't be hard for people to stop his scrambling when that is the only part of his game they have to defend.

I'm coming to the conclusion that he is a slower runner and worse passer than dare I say, Michael Vick.
    Oh yea, and less herpes carrying...
    Your correct with your fist sentence but nobody else has really watched all the games other than Viking fans. When some say he's progressed we don't mean into a Pro Bowl QB. There is certainly things that he's doing better and things that he can get better at.

I think its fine to allow a QB 4-5 years to "fully" develop especailly in Tarvaris Jackson's case. One thing I do know is that everyone wants to see improvement this year, wether you have seen any or not is up to your observations but we're just getting started. We are garunteed another 15 games this season, Tarvaris has barely played 15 up to this point, berring injury he gets to double those numbers then we get a real clear picture.

Tarvaris being Slower than Vick is no biggy as Vick was the fastest QB to play in the history of NFL. As for the passing game I disagree. Tarvaris will be better passer because he's dedicated to his job and he doesn't whine about a difficult West Coast Offense, nor does he endure in illegal activities. This kid works and he moves foward.

We'll see if Tarvaris's running is all that teams have to defend.
    I can't begin to keep up with that.
    You're jumping so far back and forth on a timeline it's insane.
    You say it will take 4-5 years to fully develop but we will have a clear picture of where we're standing at the end of this season.
    If he pulls of the miracle and becomes a slightly below average NFL QB, you win.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    You say it will take 4-5 years to fully develop but we will have a clear picture of where we're standing at the end of this season.
    If he pulls of the miracle and becomes a slightly below average NFL QB, you win.

I think thats an excuse not to come up with a rational post, sorry you can't hang.

Tarvaris Jackson came to us as a young kid in need of plenty of development, in his case I think its exeptable to expect him to be at his peak after 4-5 years.

As far as this year goes it will be a very important year for him and one that will ultimatly give us the answer to wether he can get it done or not. When i watch Tarvaris this season I'm looking for improvement not just from last year but as the season grows while he's able to get into a rythm with his teamates.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:

I think thats an excuse not to come up with a rational post, sorry you can't hang.

Tarvaris Jackson came to us as a young kid in need of plenty of development, in his case I think its exeptable to expect him to be at his peak after 4-5 years.

As far as this year goes it will be a very important year for him and one that will ultimatly give us the answer to wether he can get it done or not. When i watch Tarvaris this season I'm looking for improvement not just from last year but as the season grows while he's able to get into a rythm with his teamates.

The only thing I can't hang with when it concerns you is your terrible grammar.

The fact of the matter is, I'm wasting my time trying to persuade you away from what you believe because it has become obvious that your love of Jackson runs deeper than the Grand Canyon.
    You have been on here every night since the MNF game defending him.

These threads could honestly be so much more simple.
    All that is necessary for me to say is, "Jackson will not work out."
    You say, "Yes he will."
    With that discussion we get to cut out all this middle stuff.
    When all is said and done... we get to come back and rub each others nose in the stinch of being wrong.

I personally have never succeeded in changing a mind on here, and I can say I've never seen it happen.
    That renders all of what we are doing pointless.
    Don't worry, I completely expect you to retaliate with another, "That's right, I know more Viking football than you ever will."
    I can happily say, I don't give a damn.
    My favorite thing about reading on this site is the people that enter these threads like they are going to blow some minds.
    I remember WAYYYY back in the day when that was me.
    I'd pop in these threads dropping statistics and logic like it was going out of style but slowly I progressed, I guess some would say regressed, into what you see now.

Don't get me wrong... I love this site.
    I have had some fun times on here and met some awsome people... which is why I'm so glad to be back.
    However, I do realize now that simply posting my simple thoughts and then watching the fireworks is definately the most enjoyable posting strategy.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that although I think you're trying to pull of the impossible, it's people like you that make this site entertaining.
    So thank you, and now I will observe the rest of the thread and pop back in when Jackson gets benched.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

darkarkitekt is offline Training Camp

haven't really read any of the previous comments..(sorry, not that much time)....but....I said way way early when I first saw troy williamson try to catch a ball and missed with his eyes still looking into the air while the ball went off his chest.....that troy was as good a bust as can be.....no one should ever be that retarded looking catching a ball.
    But tarvaris does have talent versus troy williamson.......but, he will never be better consistently than the packers game....he might have a better game, but consistently on a upper echelon level, he won't wow anyone like a manning, mccnabb, or brady....but, of course, you all knew that already....he will be average, and quite frankly, we need a high talent qb to groom (I'm still not sold on booty).....I am hoping that we get a good deal on a first round qb in the draft this year if we don't make the playoffs..... but nonethless.....I'd hate to see us waste away AD's skills much the way the Lions did to Barry Sanders.....Ok, now I'm am just babbling off topic.....but, dammit, I'm a vikings fan too and I can vent too...(especially since I just got hold of my damn password again to post!).

and that's my two cents of ill will....for the day.

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:

The fact of the matter is, I'm wasting my time trying to persuade you away from what you believe because it has become obvious that your love of Jackson runs deeper than the Grand Canyon.

You say, "Yes he will."
    When all is said and done... we get to come back and rub each others nose in the stinch of being wrong.

I personally have never succeeded in changing a mind on here, and I can say I've never seen it happen.
    Don't worry, I completely expect you to retaliate with another, "That's right, I know more Viking football than you ever will."
    I can happily say, I don't give a gol 'darnit.
    My favorite thing about reading on this site is the people that enter these threads like they are going to blow some minds.
    I'd pop in these threads dropping statistics and logic like it was going out of style but slowly I progressed, I guess some would say regressed, into what you see now.

I have had some fun times on here and met some awsome people... which is why I'm so glad to be back.
    However, I do realize now that simply posting my simple thoughts and then watching the fireworks is definately the most enjoyable posting strategy.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that although I think you're trying to pull of the impossible, it's people like you that make this site entertaining.
    So thank you, and now I will observe the rest of the thread and pop back in when Jackson gets benched.
    Fantastic start to a post, I've never had anyone tell me there was difficulty reading my post. This isn't exacatly English class, If its readable and understandable then your on the right track. While you have mentioned you have not been here in awhile I will refresh your memory on comments about grammar. Not acceptable. In this case I don't mind because I don't think its an issue but just a reference for down the line.

I don't know that Tarvaris will ever be a complete stunner but I do like his chances at succeeding on our team. So much of this will be up to Tarvaris and how bad he really wants it, a question I cannott answer. There's also questions about his health, can he remain for a full season? I think your correct when you say all this means nothing in the end, but IMO he's the best QB on our current roster giving us the best shot to win games. We have 15 more to go and I'll make my final judgement when its all said and done. Untill then I'm not betting against Tarvaris or gunning for Gus to bring us to the promise land but I do like where he sits mentally and I like what he has around him. If the rest of team can start winning collectivly without critical mistakes the Win's will start to role in and this whole Tarvaris fiasco will be nowhere to be found. If not we can suffer with whoever is going to be QB.

And I guess... Thanks for the PP.O bio.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

T-jack for prez

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:

You say, "Yes he will."

This is a forum not fucking school! Fuck grammer. You should know that country boy. BTW we are you not coming to the TN game. I don reckon you could make it over dem there hills there boy.

TJ has this year to prove that he can cut it. If we don't make the playoffs it won't matter. Chilly will be gone and the new coach will probably want to bring in his own QB.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:

You say, "Yes he will."

This is a forum not fucking school! Fuck grammer. You should know that country boy. BTW we are you not coming to the TN game. I don reckon you could make it over dem there hills there boy.

TJ has this year to prove that he can cut it. If we don't make the playoffs it won't matter. Chilly will be gone and the new coach will probably want to bring in his own QB.
    Wow, somebody doesn't hold a grudge.
    I'm pretty sure that his complete slander towards me should not be tolerated.
    And why do you want me to attend the Titans game?
    Is that a threat?
    Mods, can this please be addressed.
    Thank you.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    So tell me.... what is it going to take for you to realize TJ isn't the answer?

What is the QB rating?
    What is the # of INT's to lose games?
    What is the completion percentage?

Or is it just wins or losses?

If TJ has a below 50 QB rating, AD runs for over 200yds, and D and ST score 2 TD's and the Vikings win.
    Then it should be a TJ win?
    If TJ has a below 50 QB rating, AD runs for over 200yds, and D and ST score 2 TD's and the Vikings lose.
    Then it should be a TEAM loss?

What does it take to pull the plug?

IMO, unless TJ has a QB rating above 70 with at least a 4-4 record by week 9.
    Below 70 and a 3-5 record, I would pull the plug on the TJ experiment.
    A change in QB might still make the playoffs, like Jeff George did when RC started 2-4.

I'm not hoping any of this happens, I truly wish I am wrong about TJ, but I still think it's important to set metrics for him to keep his job.
    Without them you will have to just go by gut emotions and that is not the way to lead a successful business.
    First off I'll tell you where I stand with Tarvaris. He's still a young guy with plenty of talent but he needs the opportunity to sink up with his weapons and get the continuity thats important to have. I think that last year was a wildly inconsistent season but certainly one that was expected. I like the way he did things in the offseason and how he dealt with the Favre situation ect. In his first game this season I was happy about some things then vastly dissapointed about others. Most notably the easy 2Pt convertion to Rice thrown behind him. I think he's making quicker decisions, I think he looks far more comfortable especailly in the passing game and I think when he's accurate he's very accurate giving alot of the TE's and WR's an opportunity to make plays. Overall I can see his decision making speeding up, he knows when to move and when to run the ball. I think the season is very early and I need to see more to make any claims for complete sucess or failure.

The bottom line with Tarvaris and what we ask him to do is to play a sound game without making bad decisions. On Monday we asked him to throw it 35 times because we found ourselves in a whole and he nearly broght us back. You would hope with that experience its something he can build on and improve from and I know thats where he stands on the situation. I think as long as Tarvaris is not loosing games for us he'll be our Quarterback and "If" he starts loosing games for us I'll be as ready for him to ride pine as yourself. I want nothing more than to "Win", so there's your million dollar answer.

To add to what you said about statistics and how to gauge Tarvaris's play I will look no further than the game film itself. Like I said earlier when Tarvaris starts loosing games for us is when a change should be made. I'll also look to see how his offensive line protects him or how well his Targets play, there is so much that goes into statistics especailly with the way things have gone in our offense as of late. Tarvaris's statistics from the Monday Nights game don't tell the full story.

I think as Tarvaris grows his job description does too, it won't always be about asking Tarvaris to mangage games but he's gonna have to step up and lead us to those comeback wins. I think this is only the begining of his carear as we're yet to even see a full season of play from him. Its still so early and thats what baffles me about the Tarvaris Jackson bashing.
    TW,
    You make some very good points, some I agree with some I don't.
    The thing is, no TJ supporter will give any measure of what they think is a breaking point on the TJ experiment.

Your only value is TJ losing games.
    Well from my perspective TJ lost the GB game.
    2/7 for 16 in the first half put the Vikes in the hole that required TJ to throw 28 times in the 2nd half.
    The bad throw on the 2pt coversion forced the Vikes to have to go for a TD at the end.
    Of course TJ's INT obviously was the nail in the coffin.

But I'm sick of people making excuses for TJ.
    If your a TJ supporter OWN IT.
    I would have more respect for ya all if you just posted:
    "TJ played a bad game, it happens to every QB.
    Eli "Super bowl MVP" had a 33.8 QB rating in the Vikes game last year, can you judge him on one game?"

It still won't convince me, but I wouldn't lose respect for ya blaming everyone else.
    Just as you would lose respect for TJ if he did the same.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast