Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dumbbells can't handle Birk's work

This sentence caught my attention:
    "Tice sent me here to get stronger, and then he becomes head coach, and he tells me I have to work out with the team," Birk said, chuckling.
    What a double standard!
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    ok then, must have escaped my memory..
    I think Birk will be fine, as will the rest of our line.
    Think about it.
    During the voluntary mini-camps, its mostly individual drills right?
    With the odd scrimmage.
    The purpose of individual drills is to work on Individual skills, like blocking, catching, throwing.
    They then run a bunch of Pass Skeleton, and Matchups (LBvsRB, CBvsWR, etc).
    I am confident that the rest of the line can learn without the presence of Birk.
    He must really be something if his not being there drastically affects how our season will turn out.
    I haven't seen anything, but has Chilly said anything along the lines of how he wishes Birk was there?
    Or his presense is greatly missed?
    I haven't heard anything about it, so if it doesn't bother the Coaches, It doesn't bother me.
    That is about right. Actually, IMO the young guys are better off with Birk gone because then they had to step up and take the reps instead of standing there and watching Birk do the work. Plus the coaches then had a chance to see the young guys get more reps and would then be able to better assess their skill level.
    phew.. .I'm not the only one who thinks so....
    Maybe if enough of use band together we can overpower Marr about this and the Favre is a good fit thread....

Now what fun would that be? Marr is good stuff to debate with.

I like playing the devil's advocate with him.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You mean Tice actually made rules??!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Think about it.
    With the odd scrimmage.
    The purpose of individual drills is to work on Individual skills, like blocking, catching, throwing.
    I am confident that the rest of the line can learn without the presence of Birk.
    He must really be something if his not being there drastically affects how our season will turn out.
    I haven't seen anything, but has Chilly said anything along the lines of how he wishes Birk was there?

I haven't heard anything about it, so if it doesn't bother the Coaches, It doesn't bother me.
    That is about right. Actually, IMO the young guys are better off with Birk gone because then they had to step up and take the reps instead of standing there and watching Birk do the work. Plus the coaches then had a chance to see the young guys get more reps and would then be able to better assess their skill level.
    Maybe if enough of use band together we can overpower Marr about this and the Favre is a good fit thread....

lol, thats true.
    Wouldn't be as fun without debating with someone who regardless of the situation, always seems to have a different opinion than me

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Think about it.
    With the odd scrimmage.

Pot stirrerreeerrrrerer.
    ;D

Lord knows I would never say anything on here just to get a good debate going.
    (As I hide under my desk for fear of a lighting strike)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the way Winfield wasn't there last year?
    I haven't heard you getting on his case about it, which makes me think that there's something more to it.
    LMAO! You know there's more to it. CCtheMarrdro is a hater!
    ;D ;D ;D

Well not really. But he's still pissed about those linebackers coming thru untouched in the Chicago game.

I have no problem with Birk skipping OTA's. If he was skipping training camp I would be concerned.
    Those who think he is washed up must realize he is still going to get pushed around sometimes by more physical and bigger defensive tackles. But he will hold his own most of the time. And he is still one of the best pulling and downfield blocking centers in the game.
    I expect him to continue with the Vikings beyond this year.
    Best center in the league. No. But still pretty good and likely much better as an integral part of this unit than a rookie would be.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

The bar can only hold Kevin Durant's workouts

Thank you Josdin for the sig

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the way Winfield wasn't there last year?
    I haven't heard you getting on his case about it, which makes me think that there's something more to it.
    LMAO! You know there's more to it. CCtheMarrdro is a hater!
    ;D ;D ;D

Well not really. But he's still pissed about those linebackers coming thru untouched in the Chicago game.

I have no problem with Birk skipping OTA's. If he was skipping training camp I would be concerned.
    Those who think he is washed up must realize he is still going to get pushed around sometimes by more physical and bigger defensive tackles. But he will hold his own most of the time. And he is still one of the best pulling and downfield blocking centers in the game.
    I expect him to continue with the Vikings beyond this year.
    Best center in the league. No. But still pretty good and likely much better as an integral part of this unit than a rookie would be.
    Now your just cracking me up my friend.

By the way, I like CCtheBests stuff.
    Don't always agree with him but he does make me re-think a stance every now and then.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Nice read.
    Great to see that Birk is taking his training seriously, and not slacking like some certain other members here seem to think he is.
    If he truly is in the best shape he's ever been in, I look forward to see him dominate defensive tackles and Linebackers all day long.
    Some people think that some people are worried about what shape he is in when really some people are more worried that he wasn't there helping the youngsters the way all to the other vets were.

:P

Seriously, my beef with Matt has, and will always be, that he wasn't in camp providing the example that the young guys needed this year as well as working with TJ and the other guys when it comes to last years issues related to pre-snap read/adjustments, blocking schemes etc via film study.
    I could swear Birk was in mandatory mini-camp and will be in training camp.
    I assume you are talking about the VOLUNTARY OTAs.
    I don't think this is a problem.
    If my boss wanted me to come in on a weekend for no pay to help train a person to replace me.
    I think I would have a problem too.

Vikes FO should get their heads out of their a$$ and sign him for a few more years. The only way I would accept them not signing Matt is if they take the cash they save on him and use it to sign a top right tackle.
    Otherwise losing Matt will make a questionable OL into a unquestionably poor OL.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Nice read.
    Great to see that Birk is taking his training seriously, and not slacking like some certain other members here seem to think he is.
    If he truly is in the best shape he's ever been in, I look forward to see him dominate defensive tackles and Linebackers all day long.
    Some people think that some people are worried about what shape he is in when really some people are more worried that he wasn't there helping the youngsters the way all to the other vets were.

Seriously, my beef with Matt has, and will always be, that he wasn't in camp providing the example that the young guys needed this year as well as working with TJ and the other guys when it comes to last years issues related to pre-snap read/adjustments, blocking schemes etc via film study.
    I could swear Birk was in mandatory mini-camp and will be in training camp.
    I assume you are talking about the VOLUNTARY OTAs.
    I don't think this is a problem.
    If my boss wanted me to come in on a weekend for no pay to help train a person to replace me.
    I think I would have a problem too.

Vikes FO should get their heads out of their a$$ and sign him for a few more years. The only way I would accept them not signing Matt is if they take the cash they save on him and use it to sign a top right tackle.
    Otherwise losing Matt will make a questionable OL into a unquestionably poor OL.
    Your assumption is correct.

Hey, do you think Sharper was an idiot for showing up and helping STJ?
    Isn't he the guy tagged to replace him?

As to the RT comment.
    I think you will be happy with our RT this year.
    ;D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast