Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DUI Carl Eller

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: DUI Carl Eller

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I hear ya Vikefan!!

Im with ya there too.. I lost alot of respect for him..

Really im 17 and I know it's easy enough to call a friend up or a cab..

Don't go driving around at 97 in a 55..

I love him as a football player and he is a good man.. Just lost alot of respect after this.. I can't stand drunk drivers.. The peneltys should be more harsh

Yes, you can't lose respect for him for what he did on a football field, but I sure have lost a tremendous amount of respect on him as a person.. Like I said going through this was the most trying time in my life. 2 years of physical therapy, disc fused in my neck, chiropractor adjustments that continue to this day. I may have to have another operation next year to take some scar tissue out of there that is affecting my range of motion.

Man, you know to be partly paralized for over 11 hours is the scariest feeling. Not knowing if you will ever walk again, I am a very active person, I jog all the time. I use to lift weights all the time, but now I have a 30 lb lifting restriction for the rest of my life. Things like this get to me on a very personal level, all this happened to me because some 19 yo idiot wanted to drink and drive.. Sad thing that happened to him.. He deserves more than a license being revoked, or a slap on the wrist. Because he is a HOF he will not get much in the way of punishment, which is a sad thing...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Wow, tough deal VFiW.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Carl is after all a human being. People make silly mistakes all of the time. Judge not, unless it's a packer/packer fan!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :lol:

I still hold him in the highest regard.

VFiW...sorry to hear of your misfortune.

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    The Animal's back..., SWEET!! You fixed your connection?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"SKOL" wrote:
    "TheAnimal93" wrote:
    The Animal's back..., SWEET!! You fixed your connection?

Thanks SKOL.....Yea sorta fixed it. Lol. WHAZZZZZZUP?

Will be gettin back into the flow little by little. Riding the bike still takes a little getting used to.

I thought I was going to catch you in post count..., aaargh.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

OMG - ANIMAL!!!!!! Where ya been buddy???
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

WELLLL HEdoublehockey sticks. I thought that you didnt like me anymore big buddy!!! JJ. I am doing well, hanging in there. How are you?

SKOL,

There is still time. The only thing stopping you is your fingers and time OLD MAN!!! :lol:
    :lol:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

From ESPN, Eller pleads gulity.

Hall of Famer Eller pleads guilty to drunken drivingAssociated Press

MINNETONKA, Minn. -- Former Minnesota Vikings great Carl Eller pleaded guilty to drunken driving as part of a plea deal that calls for a $1,000 fine, probation and community service, a prosecutor said.

Eller
    Golden Valley City Attorney Frank Rondoni said that Eller pleaded guilty on Monday to fourth-degree drunken driving, a misdemeanor, in a branch office of the Hennepin County District Court.

Rondoni said Eller, 64, won't do any jail time, but will do five days of community service and spend two years on probation. He said the sentence was typical for a first offender.

Court records indicate that at 3:19 a.m. on Feb. 28, a state trooper clocked Eller driving 97 miles per hour in a 55-mph zone on Interstate 394 near state Highway 100. A preliminary breath test indicated a blood alcohol concentration of .117. The legal limit is .08.

Eller's attorney, Dennis Johnson, told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis that Eller accepted responsibility. "He was wrong, and he wanted to move on," Johnson said. "He felt horrible about this."

Eller was member of the Vikings' famed "Purple People Eaters" defense in his 15 years as a defensive end with Minnesota. He played in six Pro Bowls and all four of the Vikings' trips to the Super Bowl. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004.

Eller has acknowledged his history as a substance abuser, became a treatment counselor and spoke publicly to groups about the problems of chemical dependency.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I broke the law, and risked the lives of many people by driving drunk, I do not believe that just because he is famous, that he should be let go easily, That would not happen to anyone of us, and I love Carl Eller, he is the best player, but he needs do the time for doing the crime.

Thanks PurpleMafia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123