Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DUI Carl Eller

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: DUI Carl Eller

My wife says to me; "can he still serve on the supreme court?"

Yes, she's blonde. Forgive me dear.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

Caj- can you work in MN to help him?????? 97 in a 55 was bad enough. I have a cousin that works for Minneapolis PD, and an Uncle that just retired from the State- they dont cut breaks.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesoto" wrote:
    I just hope fans don't turn on him. Everybody makes mistakes, and instead of tearing him a new one I hope people show him support. Just thank GOD nobody was hurt.

Let me just start this by saying that I was almost killed by a drunk driver. I had 3 disc fused in my neck in 2001. I had a severe broken neck that left me partly paralized for over 11 hours. Unless anyone has ever had this happen to them, please don't judge on this.

This injury got me depressed to the point that I tried taking my own life. This is something that is not a joy to go through. On top of losing my health at the age of 23, I also lost all of my credit because of being unable to work for over 2 years. I have arthritis in my neck at age 28 now. I will live with this for the rest of my life.

For someone to put alot of innocent people's lives in stake just so they can chug a few drinks is downright bullsh!t. I look at Carl Eller in a whole new light now. Screw that man, he was driving at 97 mph while drunk. If he would have hit someone he would have instantly killed them. I was extremely lucky to survive the accident I was in, so to see this, brings back alot of painful memories. This jerk deserves to go to jail, I don't care that he is a HOF, or that he is a past Viking player. He deserves the most punishment that can be handed down on him.. What a Jerk.

Like I said...Thank GOD nobody was hurt.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

People can learn from their mistakes. Glad this happened instead of a deadly accident. Hopefully it turns into a positive for him.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Hey VikesfaninWis, sorry to hear about what you went through.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I hear ya Vikefan!!

Im with ya there too.. I lost alot of respect for him..

Really im 17 and I know it's easy enough to call a friend up or a cab..

Don't go driving around at 97 in a 55..

I love him as a football player and he is a good man.. Just lost alot of respect after this.. I can't stand drunk drivers.. The peneltys should be more harsh

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

if you do that in holland, most of the time you lose your driving license...
    I think those people should go straight into Jail...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

I remember Jackyl mentioning that sometimes Carl drops in on this site. We don't need to like what he did, but we could be more supportive. People make mistakes, and fortunately nobody got hurt. Hopefully he learns from it.

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

... I agree that if he did this it was wrong, as a former cop I can tell you that most drunks (something like 80%) will be under the speed limit when they are cought, a higher speed usually means reckless driving. Eller is a self admitted recovering addict, I dont know what his substance of choice was (is) but lets let the judicial system work before convicting him on this site.......

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast