Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DUI Carl Eller

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

DUI Carl Eller

Anybody else watch the local news tonight? It seems our beloved Carl Eller has landed himself in the DUI club. I am sure there will be more articles about this tommorow as the press picks up on it more. He actually refused to take his breathalizer test. And was caught going 95mph in a 55mph zone by the state patrol here in Minnesota. I am not sure what to think about this yet. I guess I am glad first of all it wasnt a current player. But non the less I was hit by a drunk driver and he totaled my prized car at the time, so I really have nothing positive to say about drunk drivers. I have to say I hope they really nail him to the wall on this and not let him off because he is a famous athlete. He should take responsibilty for this also he is currently refusing all media to explain himself. I hope he at least has something smart to say about this instead of the typical famous athlete run and hide excuses.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: DUI Carl Eller

Sad to hear it...but he should have to pay the price for his mistake!

Like Baretta used to say, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!"

Of course, Baretta (Robert Blake) got off scot-free with killing Bonny Lee Bakley...at least in the criminal trial...so I don't know if that saying holds any water anymore! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Below is a actual story and a actual link verifying this.

NFL Hall of Famer Carl Eller arrested

NFL Hall of Famer Carl Eller was arrested in Golden Valley on a charge of driving under the influence early Sunday morning.

Lieutenant Chuck Walerius with the State Patrol says a trooper stopped Eller after clocking him going 97 miles an hour in a 55 mile-an-hour zone on Interstate 394 around 3:30 Sunday morning.

Walerius says field sobriety tests indicated that Eller was driving under the influence, so he was taken to Minneapolis police's chemical testing facility.

Walerius says Eller refused blood alcohol tests there and was held in the Hennepin County jail until he was bailed out in the afternoon.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=119570

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Yup, I heard this on the news tonight too. Sad to hear.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

I agree it really was to bad, he really was someone I looked up to until this. He really to me was a great role model until all of this this. Now I have no respect for the guy at all, he lost it all.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If I remember right, he worked himself off of a coke problem back towards the end of his career. He was shunned for a while?

Hopefully this is a first offense and he learns from the error of his ways. I don't want to see a slap on the wrist, treat him like everybody else.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

shame it has to happen to a guy like him. oh well. nuts to him
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Mon, Feb. 27, 2006

[size=18px]Ex-Viking Eller arrested for suspected DWI[/size]

BY RICK LINSK
    Pioneer Press

Retired Minnesota Vikings great and NFL Hall of Famer Carl Eller was arrested early Sunday on suspicion of drunken driving, a Minnesota State Patrol official said.

Eller, 64, was jailed for third-degree driving while intoxicated, a gross misdemeanor, after he failed sobriety tests and refused a Breathalyzer test, said State Patrol Lt. Charles Walerius.

Eller was westbound on Interstate 394 about 3:30 a.m. when he sped past a state trooper at 97 mph in a 55 mph zone, Walerius said. The trooper saw the driver change lanes without signaling and also cross over a "fog line," the solid white line on the right edge of the road.

The arresting trooper took Eller's identification, noticed his eyes were bloodshot and watery and administered the standard tests, Walerius said.
    Eller "refused the (breath) test, which is his right to do," Walerius said. Under Minnesota law, that bumps a ticket up from a fourth-degree misdemeanor offense to the third-degree refusal gross misdemeanor.

Eller was taken to Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis and was later released on bail, Walerius said. His court date is pending until the Golden Valley city attorney's office decides on formal charges, which could happen as early as today.

"The trooper obviously knew who he was," Walerius said. "But we treat everybody the same. We don't care who you are. That's how we handle that. Our first concern is to make sure he gets home OK."

Eller could not be reached for comment Sunday.

In 1999, Eller was arrested but never charged after a woman he had previously dated accused him of raping her in a motel room in North Mankato, Minn.

Eller played defensive end for the Vikings for 15 years before retiring in 1979 with the Seattle Seahawks. A six-time Pro Bowl player, Eller was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2004. In 1963, he was an All-America lineman at the University of Minnesota.

Eller opened the Purple People Eatery restaurant in Woodbury in November. Last month, the restaurant shut its doors, though Eller said the closure was temporary.

Rick Linsk can be reached at [email protected] or 651-228-5371

Eller arrested for suspected DWI

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

njpurple is offline Training Camp

Why :sad: all the time news concearning the vikes its always negative

I just hope fans don't turn on him. Everybody makes mistakes, and instead of tearing him a new one I hope people show him support. Just thank GOD nobody was hurt.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast