Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Drunk at the Dome

Oh man latley 75 percent on my posts have been drunken

Im losing money fast

I will take you non taxable dollars if anyone is willing!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

No thanks V4L.

One 43-year-old California man tried to get a head start on traffic after Adrian Peterson's game-clinching run only to trip and fall head first into the concrete outside the VIP tent.

Bleeding from a gash underneath his left eye, the intoxicated man pleaded with officers not to call an ambulance because his brother was still in the Dome. Police convinced him it was wise to take the ride to Hennepin County Medical Center for stitches rather than risk falling again and unconsciously freezing to death.

Suddenly, a huge roar erupted inside the stadium after Mason Crosby missed a potential winning 52-yard field goal with 31 seconds remaining.

The man learned from one of the officers the Vikings had won.

"That's all I need," he said.

The man offered a bloody fist bump to the officer, who declined the offer.
    HAHHAA!!
    WTF is wrong with that officer?!
    C'mon man!

Stuff like what is written in that article is one of the many reasons I stopped drinking.
    Not a huge fan of fall down, pass out, puking drunk.
    Ever.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah that's too drunk

I've drank over a liter and haven;t even been like that

People need to learn how to drink and handle it

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V4L" wrote:
    Yah that's too drunk

What's the point of that?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Yah that's too drunk

What's the point of that?
    It makes you suave. Chicks dig a guy who can puke on himself and still play it cool.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

My wife likes to harp on me when i get together with my buddies for a game.
    She sometimes thinks we have a problem, I tell her this.

I drank, I got drunk and I passed out.
    Whats the problem?
    ;D

No but getting drunk enough where you pass out and puke yourself is a problem.
    Hell i would be willing to bet that person pissed themselves while they were at it.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I had a fair amount before the game and after, but not enough to not know whats going on. Tickets are way too expensive to just drink the whole game away.

I save that for the eskimos games. I mainly drink there because games are always friday or saturday night and its always really cold so need it to warm up, or its sunny and hot and the beer is refreshing. I have tripped down the stairs a few times and told a lot of people off and puked before getting in the car, but I have never been arrested for being too drunk.
    We're bringing purple back.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I like a beer or three with my Vikings game too (along with an occasional "Vikings victory shot (TM)", but that article is kind of B.S., because at one point it states "the alcohol CAUSES the problem". B.S., the jerk inside the body causes the problem, not the alcohol. If the alcohol causes the problem, why isn't everyone who drinks an idiot and a jerk ?

Like saying, "the hamburgers caused the obesity". Or "The gun caused the murder". I think psychologists call that a "displacement" or something, when you blame some object for behavior (if they don't, they should...
    :).

I personally have been pretty sozzled (not as bad as those in the video) and have never really lost my ability to hold to decent standards of courtesy and boundaries vis-a-vis others (I was drinking on election night and successfully restrained myself from saying anything to a group of loud Obama-bots celebrating loudly in a corne of the pub, and if I can do that, I think any drinker can restrain himself !!), so I personally think that even if you are drunk, there is no excuse for being a jerk. Just my opinion and my experience. The "inner Minnesotan" can hold me back pretty good, even at a relatively high BAC.

This "the alcohol made me do it" actually becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy, if you really think about it (also because psychologists now say that expectations before drug use as to what the drink will do play a big role in how inebriated people become and how they act when inebriated).

PS - Do you guys know about Modern Drunkard Magazine ? It is an online and paper magazine out of Denver by a guy named Frank Kelly Rich, founded in 1996, for the celebration of drinking. Check it out sometime. They always write articles like that. Someone should write one called "Sozzled at the Vikings game" and send it to them. It if is witty enough, they will publish it, and maybe send you beer or something.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I like the concept of the "session beer". The term comes from England and it was used when factory workers in the 1800s would take a break during the day and drink a pint or two. They would then go back to work. The notion of a session beer is that the beer is a bit week and so you can drink 3 or 4 of them and not be totally blasted. You get a mild buzz, which is nice.

I do this at my sports bar. I drink Guinness, which I consider a good session beer. If I compare my "Guiness buzz" to how I feel after 4 or 5 stronger (German) beers, I vastly prefer the Guiness. But hey, I am 42 years old.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I like a beer or three with my Vikings game too (along with an occasional "Vikings victory shot (TM)", but that article is kind of B.S., because at one point it states "the alcohol CAUSES the problem". B.S., the jerk inside the body causes the problem, not the alcohol. If the alcohol causes the problem, why isn't everyone who drinks an idiot and a jerk ?

Like saying, "the hamburgers caused the obesity". Or "The gun caused the murder". I think psychologists call that a "displacement" or something, when you blame some object for behavior (if they don't, they should...
    :).
    See...
    I agree with everything you said.
    But in this case..
    Not so much.
    The problem with alcohol is it affects ones motor and thinking skills.
    Mainly motor.. lol
    In the case of hamburgers, they don't do that (...well, over a LOOONG period of time..
    but you get my point), and the gun in ones hands doesn't effect one's motor skills.

Yes, the jerk in the body causes the problem, but the alcohol amplifies it.
    Therefore, alcohol doesn't get a 100% free ride.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast