Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dropped passes are mind over matter

Exactly...mind over matter...I wouldn't MIND his drops if they didn't MATTER so much in regards to the outcome of the game!!!!

GRRRRRRR!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Exactly...mind over matter...I wouldn't MIND his drops if they didn't MATTER so much in regards to the outcome of the game!!!!

GRRRRRRR!!!!!
    haha lmao I don't even know what to say to that caj. Thats funny stuff. lol

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

It's one thing to lose confidence in oneself, but when your coach & team lose confidence in you & your're sitting on the bench, that's really got to screw with your head.

The question I have to ask is "Everyone knows about it, but WTF are the coaches & Troy doing about it?"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    It's one thing to lose confidence in oneself, but when your coach & team lose confidence in you & your're sitting on the bench, that's really got to screw with your head.

The question I have to ask is "Everyone knows about it, but WTF are the coaches & Troy doing about it?"
    It looks like they are just giving up on him but I don't know. Hopefully they are trying to fix it but benching him doesn't make it look that way.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"cc21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

It looks like they are just giving up on him but I don't know. Hopefully they are trying to fix it but benching him doesn't make it look that way.
    This is where the character of a player comes into play.

Is he mentally a mess now . . . or . . . is he gonna use this experience, learn from it, regroup, and do what it takes to earn his spot back?

LOSERS make excuses.
    WINNERS find a way!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

This is where the character of a player comes into play.

Is he mentally a mess now . . . or . . . is he gonna use this experience, learn from it, regroup, and do what it takes to earn his spot back?

LOSERS make excuses.
    WINNERS find a way!
    Kind of hard to redeem yourself & earn your spot back when your sitting on the bench.

Is he dropping passes like this in practice or has it been just during games?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

I wish Chilly would of gave up on BJ as quick as he gave up on TWill!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I agree with many of the posts on this thread in that the Vikes need to let Troy "get back on the saddle."
    It is disappointing to see drop critical passes (San Francisco) at key times, but the Vikes need to let him try to break out of his slump.
    Troy has shown signs of greatness, but I think he does not have a lot of chemistry with BJ.
    BJ throws a low velocity finese type of throw; Troy is used to the high velocity (Culpepper) like throws.
    Given Troy's speed, has anyone thought that BJ & him just don't have the right chemistry?

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    I agree with many of the posts on this thread in that the Vikes need to let Troy "get back on the saddle."
    It is disappointing to see drop critical passes (San Francisco) at key times, but the Vikes need to let him try to break out of his slump.
    Troy has shown signs of greatness, but I think he does not have a lot of chemistry with BJ.
    BJ throws a low velocity finese type of throw; Troy is used to the high velocity (Culpepper) like throws.
    Given Troy's speed, has anyone thought that BJ & him just don't have the right chemistry?

BJ has no touch on his throws and his ball placement is horrendous and it may very well be a chemistry thing between the 2 of them, some pitchers in baseball don't do as well with some catchers as they do with others.

Maybe if T-Jack or Bollinger do end up playing maybe see if Troy does better with either one of them.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

It would be interesting to see Troy with BB or TJ.
    If the Vikes fall out of contention, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some experimention the last couple of weeks.
    Culpepper always hit Troy on the run in stride, it just seems that Troy is always working back to Johnson or stopping and adjusting.
    Troy is a vertical, deep & short post type of receiver; it just seems that Childress's offense does not adjust to a player's strengths vs. weaknesses.
    I think TJ's big arm is better suited to Troy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12