Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Dropped passes are mind over matter

Posted on Sat, Dec. 09, 2006

[size=13pt]Dropped passes are mind over matter[/size]

Independent doctors, none of whom has worked with the Vikings' Troy Williamson, believe his problems might be in his head.

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Dropped passes are mind over matter

Personally I hope he gets a chance to play in detriot. Sitting on the bench isnt helping Vikes win. I still have faith in Troy...I hope the coaches do too. I wish Cris Carter could have some 1 on 1 with Troy to help build some confidents.

I thought I remember a while ago that the coaches were thinking it was the style of his facemask on his helmet, but it seems to me that the style of the face mask hasn't changed? Did I read this? or maybe I just dreamt it ???

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

He's to young to have Knobby syndrome.
    He needs to get it fixed.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"WVV" wrote:
    He's to young to have Knobby syndrome.
    He needs to get it fixed.
    Knobby syndrome? whats that ???

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"He might have all the ability in the world, but he's lost confidence," said Dr. Jim Taylor, a sports psychologist based in San Francisco. "Along with the loss of confidence comes performance anxiety. He's focused on not dropping the ball instead of catching the ball."
    He may have been talking about Twill, but this exact same type of problem is why i don't want TJack to start until the coaches think he's ready.
    Problems early in a player's career can affect their confidence, which can severely affect their game time ability.

Starting a player in a skill position before they are ready often ends up badly.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He needs to pull his head out of his @$$ and start catching the d@mn ball because with his speed he could be a stud.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Well of course its in his head. He ended up dropping one. That was just a simple mistake. Everyone drops the ball every once in a while. Then another drop came and from there on out it has not been good. I am sure that everytime the ball came his way he was just thinking way to much. He was probably just like o my god o my god I have to catch this I have to catch this o my god. Then he would drop it because he was thinking to much. And its even worse when he is wide open because then he doesnt hvae an excuse for dropping it like the defender hitting him or something. So then there is even more pressure on him when he is wide open to catch because he knows if he drops it there is no excuse what so ever.

For me personally it is easier to catch the ball in traffic because you focus and concentrate so much more on making the catch compared to when you are wide and you aren't really thinking about anything but getting yards or getting in the endzone. When you are covered the only thing on your mind is catching the ball. After that is done you think about making a play with your legs. But you have to catch the ball first.

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

I think they should play him more often. Not on third downs though! Not until he washes the butter of his fingers and gets some confidence back. Whats the worse thing that could happen? Our offence don't move the ball.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Let's play him when we are up 21 and throw to him every play so he can practice catching in game situations! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "He might have all the ability in the world, but he's lost confidence," said Dr. Jim Taylor, a sports psychologist based in San Francisco. "Along with the loss of confidence comes performance anxiety. He's focused on not dropping the ball instead of catching the ball."
    He may have been talking about Twill, but this exact same type of problem is why i don't want TJack to start until the coaches think he's ready.
    Problems early in a player's career can affect their confidence, which can severely affect their game time ability.

Starting a player in a skill position before they are ready often ends up badly.
    The coaches can just tell Tarvaris not to worry about it. Just tell him he doesn't have to save the season for us or even win the d@mn game. Just go out there and play football like you always have. There is no pressure. If he makes a mistake and throws a pick just tell him to shake it off and its no big deal. I think we need to send him out there and tell him there is no pressure and he doesn't even have to win the game. Just go play football. I mean we aren't going to make the playoffs this year anyway so why not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast